Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As you all know, I struggle a lot with my weight yo-yo ing.
I'm currently 2lb down in almost 3 weeks. Not quite where I wanted to be, but not far off either. (Aiming for 1lb a week)
I just keep gaining and losing the same 2lb over the week.
Any tips?

Didn't weigh this morning as I've had an odd week of eating nothing and then binging everything as I've been ill and my appetite is all over the place. Feeling better now though and hoping to get back on track :)

Reactions: 2
Fitbits are great. I really wouldn’t bother with an Apple Watch, it’s such a waste of money and I regret buying mine.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have the Apple Watch which I love for its other uses, but if you’re just solely focusing on a fitness watch the Fitbit is defo more superior

Reactions: 4
As you all know, I struggle a lot with my weight yo-yo ing.
I'm currently 2lb down in almost 3 weeks. Not quite where I wanted to be, but not far off either. (Aiming for 1lb a week)
I just keep gaining and losing the same 2lb over the week.
Any tips?
How about OMAD? I start the morning with black coffee, don't eat till about noon, lunch is mostly salmon, avocadoes, tomatoes, veggies, eggs, berries, drinking water throughout. Been able to go down within a week.

Oh, I jump about 10 mins on my trampoline before coffee.

Reactions: 1
I like my Apple Watch, I agree though that its functionality isn’t as good as a pure fitness tracker like a fitbit but I like its other features. Got it refurbished for £150 instead of new for £300 off eBay.

Reactions: 3
I have a garmin vivosmart and love it. Have had fitbits in the past and they were good but lost the last one and wanted something different. I got a refurbished one from their outlet store so was cheaper and looked brand new.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Out of interest what functions do people think Fitbit has that Apple doesn’t? I haven’t had a Fitbit for years but I had a bad experience, 3 in a row broke, swapped to Apple Watch and never looked back. I prefer the interface and I haven’t noticed any lacking functionalities so just wondering what I’m missing!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A guy on a dating app called me a BBW (I'm only size 14/16!)
But on the plus side, my neighbour and her husband stopped me to say they can tell I've lost weight 😁

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Out of interest what functions do people think Fitbit has that Apple doesn’t? I haven’t had a Fitbit for years but I had a bad experience, 3 in a row broke, swapped to Apple Watch and never looked back. I prefer the interface and I haven’t noticed any lacking functionalities so just wondering what I’m missing!

For me, it was the fact that it was significantly cheaper and didn't require me to own an iPhone to get it working in the first place.

It looks like the newest Apple Watch is using exactly the same software for the sleep tracking as Fitbit has been since at least 2019 - don't know who used it first, though.

Guess who's back? Back again? Yep, this fat witch 🙌

Hello, I posting here on and off about a year ago. I'm a size 20, weigh 15stone9lb and am getting closer to 40 then I'd like. My knees hurt more these days and I know it's because I'm carrying extra weight. And I need to do something about it.

I also stumbled across Melly Mae (?) on TT and have been impressed with her weight loss, mainly based around counting calories. She inspired me to start having snacks of 100 calories or less as I know that's where I let myself down.

About to go on holiday for a week and am determined to do something about my weight when I come back. Hoping I have some time to read posts on this thread when the kids are in bed and I can start planning for getting my fat ass in gear.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm pretty sure it's alcohol dehydration but I woke up 13st5lb today 🥳 I've been struggling to get below 13st6 so this was a nice boost, even if it isn't "real"
Makes me 4lb down in 4 weeks which is also nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hello - new to this thread. Yo yo dieted for as long as I can remember and now at my heaviest.
Any tips for motivation re exercise?
I’ve just purchased an at home treadmill!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hello - new to this thread. Yo yo dieted for as long as I can remember and now at my heaviest.
Any tips for motivation re exercise?
I’ve just purchased an at home treadmill!!
When I had a treadmill at home I found it good to choose a show I liked as the 'treadmill show'. If I wanted to watch it I had to be walking 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ahh so glad to have found this thread! Thanks for sharing your tips and stories it’s been really great to read through.

I’m on a weightloss journey that I started end of last year. I’m 5’10 and my highest weight was 230 lbs so about 16 and a half stone. I’ve always been slightly overweight my whole life, but as an adult I mostly sat between 160lbs and 185lbs so 11 and half stone to 13 stone ish.

I have been a habitual slight over eater since I was a small child. So I’m not one for huge binges per se, but if I’m fairly sedentary then my intake should probably be 1700-1900ish. But I will eat 2000-2500 daily instead. And then sit for 8 hours at a desk job, then sit watching tv or scrolling on my phone in the evenings. A recipe for disaster basically!

And then with pandemic weight gain and going on a medication that made me ravenous constantly - that pushed me beyond averagely overweight (maybe one stone or so) to where I was in 2021.

I’ve since lost two and a half stone, but gained half a stone back after a depressive episode that lasted from August till now. I’m not gutted though as I kept tracking my calories the whole time even though I ate crap nonstop, and with my sedentaryness the maths did all add up which was weirdly reassuring?

So now that I’m feeling better I’m ready to kick the rest of this years ass!! And the months beyond ofc! I wanna get back to where I was at the start of August by next month (fingers crossed.) Then I’m pushing to hopefully get to a healthy weight for my height (12 stone) and then reach my GW before summer. (fingers crossed again, haha)

This might sound extreme but I’m aiming for around 9 and a bit stone so 130lbs. Even if I can’t maintain it for long and end up settling around 145-150ish (10 and a half ish stone) I honestly just want to experience life as a thin person for the first time ever.

I’m currently a clothing size 16 and I’d love to be an 8-10, even if I can only maintain that for a few months haha. And if I settle at a 12 and maintain that hopefully for the rest of my life I’d be chuffed!

My plan is to go back to calorie restriction. And aiming to get around 12-20k steps a day. I want to just get the weight off before I shift focus to gym and strength training. I want to prioritise protein and fibre, but otherwise I’m just focussing on calories rather than a specific diet. It was working for me for the first 6 months of the year before I fell off the wagon, so I know it’s a relatively stick-with-able plan. Best of luck to everyone else on their journeys!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hello everyone! I really want to lose some weight, the thing I struggle with is cooking there’s only a few meals I can make and I work 5 evenings a week in a Chinese takeaway so always have that for tea at about 10pm which is no good 🤦🏻‍♀️ I think I’m going to start getting Tesco home deliveries as I have zero time to go food shopping!

Most days I get home from my day job and go straight to the Chinese so don’t have time to cook, I’m thinking of batch cooking on the weekends and freezing it, anyone have any good ideas for batch cooking?
Also what are healthy lunches I can take to work?

I need to stop snacking and drinking fizzy drinks too🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.