Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, it’s been just over a week of being sick with COVID and for a few days I had no appetite but now I am back at my comfort eating nonsense. Hoping to turn a corner tomorrow

Reactions: 6
Hello everyone! I really want to lose some weight, the thing I struggle with is cooking there’s only a few meals I can make and I work 5 evenings a week in a Chinese takeaway so always have that for tea at about 10pm which is no good 🤦🏻‍♀️ I think I’m going to start getting Tesco home deliveries as I have zero time to go food shopping!

Most days I get home from my day job and go straight to the Chinese so don’t have time to cook, I’m thinking of batch cooking on the weekends and freezing it, anyone have any good ideas for batch cooking?
Also what are healthy lunches I can take to work?

I need to stop snacking and drinking fizzy drinks too🤦🏻‍♀️
I’m also not a great cooker 😂. For lunch I’ll have cereal, soup or a wrap, followed by yoghurt, cheese strings/babybels, fruit and/or veg. For tea I’ll pick a protein and fill the rest of the plate with salad or veg, most of it I can microwave, sometimes boil. Also add gravy about 90% of the time 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hello everyone! I really want to lose some weight, the thing I struggle with is cooking there’s only a few meals I can make and I work 5 evenings a week in a Chinese takeaway so always have that for tea at about 10pm which is no good 🤦🏻‍♀️ I think I’m going to start getting Tesco home deliveries as I have zero time to go food shopping!

Most days I get home from my day job and go straight to the Chinese so don’t have time to cook, I’m thinking of batch cooking on the weekends and freezing it, anyone have any good ideas for batch cooking?

I really like batch cooking foods that taste better and better the more they’re left to infuse! So like any curries (chicken, lentil, sweet potato, chickpea etc). I feel like they keep really well and always taste nice re-heated up. Then I can just quickly boil some rice or just grab a chapati or any flat bread. Or soups!

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I would work out what bits of the Chinese menu aren’t too bad for you and start from there. Supplement with batch cooking and you’ll be good to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I would work out what bits of the Chinese menu aren’t too bad for you and start from there. Supplement with batch cooking and you’ll be good to go.
Yeah I always have the fried food🙈 before my wedding I wanted to lose a few pounds so I was opting for boiled rice and a chicken and vegetable dish and that helped, but I think the main problem is eating so late at night!

If you like them, soups and stews are my favourite things to batch cook. They freeze well and you can carry them in a food thermos if you don't have somewhere to heat up your meal. (I don't, so I use a Stanley thermos.) I also recommend the videos of Jack Owens. He has easy recipes that won't take up your whole day cooking. You can batch cook a couple recipes and freeze them so you won't have to eat the same thing 5 days in a row.

Editing to add, seems like you have a hectic schedule and you work until late night everyday. Don't be hard on yourself. You can opt for lower cal meals at work, batch cook when you can and lower/cut out snacks and fizzy drinks for a start. I'm sure it'll make a difference but don't beat yourself up about it if you're not on your A game every single day. Good luck 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thanks everyone I’ve just done a big online Tesco shop whilst eating chocolate biscuits 😆 tomorrows a new day!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Day 1 going great so far I’ve had a yoghurt, grapes, blueberries and apple slices
For lunch I’ve got a ham and salad wrap and I’ve been drinking water the last few days 😅

I've lost 2lb this week 😱
13st3.5lb currently. Absolutely buzzing!
I've been focusing on portion control rather than strictly weighing and counting calories and also focusing on getting steps in and vitamins

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Had a chat with Mr Biscuits last night and we're both very unhappy with our weight. He wants a couple of days to readjust his mindset but we're both going to try and avoid takeaways this week (food is definitely an emotional crutch for us). I'm going to try and drink 2l a day as I suspect my hunger pangs are hydration related. Have bought two new water bottles for us as an incentive. And I've also bought a weight loss journal from MellyMay as I am seriously motivated by pretty stationery 🙈

I've also downloaded the Nutracheck app as I prefer it to MFP and edited it to reflect a calorie deficit using the TEDD calculator. Next I need to check the appropriate weight for my height and age to try and work out suitable milestones. My last successful go at loosing weight involved non-food related goals and I decided to invest in a book series to motivate me to lose weight. That worked well for me so think I'll try that again.

Big test tonight as Mr B is out and that's usually a carte blanche for me to eat ALL the snacks in the house 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve had a rather testing few months with a diagnosis so stress eating has been bad

Ready to give it a go again Monday 😬

• Heart
Can I join in too? I am very good at cheering people on. :)

I am getting on a bit and I have had issues with food all my life. Currently, I am very, very overweight and my body can't handle the extra strain.

I plan to do weigh-ins on Wednesdays as that usually works well for me.

My exercise is very minimal at the moment due to long work hours at a desk, followed by more work hours at the computer when I get home with my side hustle (trying to get it to pay, so I can retire from the day job 🤞 ). I will try and get some walking in as a start.

Reactions: 9
Can I join in too? I am very good at cheering people on. :)

I am getting on a bit and I have had issues with food all my life. Currently, I am very, very overweight and my body can't handle the extra strain.

I plan to do weigh-ins on Wednesdays as that usually works well for me.

My exercise is very minimal at the moment due to long work hours at a desk, followed by more work hours at the computer when I get home with my side hustle (trying to get it to pay, so I can retire from the day job 🤞 ). I will try and get some walking in as a start.
Can I join too! I have struggled for years with binge eating and emotional eating. A family member died last week at 62 with a heart attack, he never smoked, drunk wasn’t overweight where as I am 31 and weighed 17.1stone, down to 16.6stone now but still very overweight. Scares me I know I need to sort it out but it is so hard!
I work 9 hours at a desk each day!
intrigued as to what your side hustle is? Well done you!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I got a smartwatch a few weeks ago and shocked by how high my resting heart rate is, kind of scared me a bit... I know it's from lack of movement and making wrong food choices. I am always living off coffee throughout the day and then i get home and say 'oh well I didn't eat a thing today, I can have a Chinese'. I know it's wrong but I will let myself get so hungry that my willpower completely dissolves.

Not going to weigh myself for now as I would just like to get moving a bit more and try eat 3 regular meals a day.

Good luck to all of ye for the new week, I believe in us!!! :)

Reactions: 7
I got a smartwatch a few weeks ago and shocked by how high my resting heart rate is, kind of scared me a bit... I know it's from lack of movement and making wrong food choices. I am always living off coffee throughout the day and then i get home and say 'oh well I didn't eat a thing today, I can have a Chinese'. I know it's wrong but I will let myself get so hungry that my willpower completely dissolves.

Not going to weigh myself for now as I would just like to get moving a bit more and try eat 3 regular meals a day.

We got this Tattlers!!!

• Heart

This is how I feel about my heart rate too! I know it’s high because I’m trying to push myself (plus I’m on some new meds that bump it up). I’ve gone decaf for now until my heart rate improves!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.