Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What clothes size is everyone? (If you don't mind me asking) im a 18/20šŸ‘€
I've not really got a clear idea anymore tbh, it's crazy-making!

Probably 18, sometimes 20 (6')

Regarding fad diets and calorie-deficit methodologies, I think that when people choose WW/SW/paleo/ keto or whatever over plain old CICO, it's often not because they think it'll work better than CICO, but because they feel they need additional boundaries or discipline around food.
As much as I agree that ultimately unlearning bad habits and mindsets and attaining a healthier relationship with food would be ideal, I also think that whatever works for you/ your lifestyle, is healthy for your body, and makes you happy is fine.

FWIW: I am, in my natural state, a chronic over-eater. I don't care about being full, I love eating, I binge. I'm literally just super greedy.
What works for me in terms of finding any sort of balance and yes, losing weight, is OMAD. One Meal A Day. Most people who do OMAD have a big meal or a fairly caloric one, but I do try to keep it sensible.
I can't have a little snack: I don't have the discipline to stop. I dont get truly hungry until way after lunch, so I just wait for dinner. It feels fairly natural to me, I fell into it really and only recently started calling it OMAD after doing this for a few years.

Perhaps this is just a different flavour of disordered eating than what I do naturally, but absent the provision of long-term therapy to address my issues and a team of professionals to work with me to acquire a better relationship with food - for free - this is what I'm doing and this is what works for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think the word diet has 2 different meanings. For people on here, diet is restricting your calories to lose weight but really our diet is what we eat to fuel our bodies adequately, to enable all our organs to work optimally. In terms of the best diet to achieve the latter then the Mediterranean diet does that well, the 5-2 is probably a relative of how our ancestors ate when they were having to hunt and gather their food. Changing the mindset to eating for health, following recommended guidelines for protein, carbs etc and ensuring a good intake of vitamins and minerals from food where possible will almost certainly see people lose weight, it just won't happen as quickly as people on here want. I started my weight loss at 81kg so big for me but not obese. I've overhauled my diet, focussed on reducing how much waste I generate and am now down to 66-67 kg. The first 10kg came off over 3 or 4 months, the last 4 have taken ages and I still would like another 2kg but it's not a big deal as I am atleast maintaining this weight now. I don't have treats in the cupboard now, if I want something, I buy it, eat it and move on. I also have a big bowl of fruit salad made up of 2 types of melon, a pineapple and 4 kiwi fruit in the fridge all the time to manage the sweet cravings

Reactions: 5
Iā€™m just gonna scooch in over here.
I lost three stone just before covid and of course put it all back on but more of it has gone onto my stomach this time.
Iā€™m 35 and realising that losing weight is harder as you get older šŸ˜† I would like to get rid of those three stone again and hopefully more. It seems like adaunting journey right now.
Iā€™m doing 30 sweaty minutes on the static bike every day this week and I feel good. I will likely up this on the days I have time to. Iā€™m also cutting out fatty foods and snacks.
I see so many opinions on when to weigh in. I do it every day rather than once a week, as then itā€™s just a number and less of an emotional build up. What do you weigh

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Weigh day today! I have put on 1.5lb but I'm not disheartened! I've been doing a lot more strength training these last few weeks and I've managed to fit comfortably in a pair of jeans which I bought at my lowest weight two years ago (after losing 4 stone because of poor mental health!). Feeling good and also feeling like I have a new pair of jeans so don't need to shop šŸ˜…

Reactions: 11
Iā€™m just gonna scooch in over here.
I lost three stone just before covid and of course put it all back on but more of it has gone onto my stomach this time.
Iā€™m 35 and realising that losing weight is harder as you get older šŸ˜† I would like to get rid of those three stone again and hopefully more. It seems like adaunting journey right now.
Iā€™m doing 30 sweaty minutes on the static bike every day this week and I feel good. I will likely up this on the days I have time to. Iā€™m also cutting out fatty foods and snacks.
I see so many opinions on when to weigh in. I do it every day rather than once a week, as then itā€™s just a number and less of an emotional build up. What do you weigh
Sorry, that shouldā€™ve read ā€œwhen do you weigh?ā€ šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

I only weigh once a month. I find itā€™s the best way to keep motivated as in the past when weighing daily or even weekly it can fluctuate so much based on other factors. Once a month you really see the difference. Iā€™ve lost two stone in the last four months - so I see about half a stone loss every time I weigh myself. I also do progress photos once a month and thatā€™s great for seeing the loss.
I havenā€™t felt like Iā€™ve been on a diet tbh. Iā€™ve approached it as a lifestyle change, this is how Iā€™m going to live/eat long term so it needs to be sustainable. Iā€™ve gone from zero exercise to running 3 times a week which has made a big difference and cut out most sugar and processed snacks. Calorie counting to begin with but now I know what meals work for me and still allow myself the occasional treat. Thereā€™s nothing I ā€˜canā€™tā€™ eat - I just make the choice not to, reframing it mentally like that makes it easier too.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've maintained my weight (+0.5lb gain) on a carb-heavy holiday, so I've found my 'sweet spot' in terms of maintenance calories. I have three more weeks until I go into a deficit again.

I'm trying to get more fibre into my diet as this is something I want & need to improve on. I found an idea about having multigrain porridge instead of just oats (using a muesli base instead) so I might give that a go.

Reactions: 4
I only weigh once a month. I find itā€™s the best way to keep motivated as in the past when weighing daily or even weekly it can fluctuate so much based on other factors. Once a month you really see the difference. Iā€™ve lost two stone in the last four months - so I see about half a stone loss every time I weigh myself. I also do progress photos once a month and thatā€™s great for seeing the loss.
I havenā€™t felt like Iā€™ve been on a diet tbh. Iā€™ve approached it as a lifestyle change, this is how Iā€™m going to live/eat long term so it needs to be sustainable. Iā€™ve gone from zero exercise to running 3 times a week which has made a big difference and cut out most sugar and processed snacks. Calorie counting to begin with but now I know what meals work for me and still allow myself the occasional treat. Thereā€™s nothing I ā€˜canā€™tā€™ eat - I just make the choice not to, reframing it mentally like that makes it easier too.
I'd love to keep liking this post and the one above wirh the slight gain on the scales but fitting into jeans. So much healthier and sustainable. Dieting for me is a case of cutting out the crap 80 to 90% of the time. Its ok to fall off occasionally, the weight didnt go on overnight after all.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I really like this outlook - I have a really addictive personality so i usually weight everyday but I must admit it has gotten to the point where itā€™s affecting my day! Iā€™ve lost 2kg in two weeks but spiked today which has naturally bothered me especially since Iā€™m going out tonight which is a once in a blue moon thing for me and I know the scales will be up tomorrow too!
Not sure what Iā€™m getting at but I think Iā€™m trying to justify my emotions haha

I really like this outlook - I have a really addictive personality so i usually weight everyday but I must admit it has gotten to the point where itā€™s affecting my day! Iā€™ve lost 2kg in two weeks but spiked today which has naturally bothered me especially since Iā€™m going out tonight which is a once in a blue moon thing for me and I know the scales will be up tomorrow too!
Not sure what Iā€™m getting at but I think Iā€™m trying to justify my emotions haha
I have that same addictive personality. I donā€™t have scales at home, I think if I did it would be tempting to weigh everyday!
I think by weighing myself monthly it stops me becoming obsessed by the numbers. I could be heavier today than I was last week, I donā€™t know - so it canā€™t upset me. As long as the general trend of loss from month to month is going in the right direction then Iā€™m happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
As a menopausal woman, i found weighing everyday a really good guide to what was happening to my body, i noticed i was gaining 5lb overnight periodically and started tracking other things. It gave me a real insight i to our cycle. However i only 'tracked' my weightloss on 1 day a month so that was my comparision day for progress.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Reading about everyone's weight loss is so motivating. Well done everyone šŸ’•

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I lost 6lbs over two weeks but still 4lbs to go until Iā€™m at my pre holiday weight, then want to lose another stone all before wedding end of November

Sorry, that shouldā€™ve read ā€œwhen do you weigh?ā€ šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
I normally weigh weekly but make sure it's first thing in the morning. If I've had a bit of a heavy weekend I might weigh myself around Tuesday/Wednesday (normal weigh day is a Friday) just to prepare myself and remind myself why I keep going. Whilst I do measure calories (and have a limit of around 1400 per day as I'm super short), I'm trying to focus more on individual health goals like getting in four workouts a week as I know that normally keeps me on the right track. In total, I've lost about 4 stone from my heaviest weight but this has fluctuated big time over the last year and a half, and I'm now back down to my lowest weight. I've lost about 8lb in the last month but I'm also noticing myself looking smaller and more importantly, feeling healthier and able to be more physical.

Reactions: 6
Would love to know if anyone here is getting into running? Iā€™ve put my ballot in for London marathon next April and Iā€™m very much feeling the runners high and get why people do it! Iā€™d love to know if there are enough people to create a beginners running thread :)

Would love to know if anyone here is getting into running? Iā€™ve put my ballot in for London marathon next April and Iā€™m very much feeling the runners high and get why people do it! Iā€™d love to know if there are enough people to create a beginners running thread :)
Iā€™d love to get into running, I just donā€™t know where to start! Well done you!! Thatā€™s so exciting.

• Heart
I'd love to keep liking this post and the one above wirh the slight gain on the scales but fitting into jeans. So much healthier and sustainable. Dieting for me is a case of cutting out the crap 80 to 90% of the time. Its ok to fall off occasionally, the weight didnt go on overnight after all.
I like this approach too. I'm also weight training so trying not to focus on the scales too much. I follow a weight loss YouTuber and she calls these "non scale victory's". So fitting into old clothes or not being as out of breath walking or whatever. They are the things to focus on aswell as how you feel. I feel so much better, more energy, sleeping better, clothes fit better and I rode a bike for 45 minutes (with some up hill) for the first time in years. That's how I know iv made progress.

• Heart
Yes I did couch to 5k over the summer and now I run for 30 mins 3x a week. I love it. Amazing you want to do the marathon! Iā€™m still very slow and couldnā€™t do much further atm but getting better all the time.

Yes I did couch to 5k over the summer and now I run for 30 mins 3x a week. I love it. Amazing you want to do the marathon! Iā€™m still very slow and couldnā€™t do much further atm but getting better all the time.
Shall i make the thread and we can all have a natter on our progress and goals as beginners?šŸ˜‹

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.