Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really need a kick up the arse, for weeks I've been enjoying myself too much and subsequently just going up and down the same half a lb. I'm happy I'm basically maintaining but Christmas is coming 😫 as of today I'm back tracking properly and determined to have a whole good weekend as well, no more cocktails!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What clothes size is everyone? (If you don't mind me asking) im a 18/20👀

That's a very good question.

I don't know is the answer. I've got some things in an 18 that are too tight in some places and waaayyyy too loose in others, then there's the latest work frock, which is a 16 and it's loose, then there is a 12 that drowns me at the bust and arms but is loose in others, the size 20s that require zero bicep development, the ancient work blazer that's a 14 and fits perfectly across my back and is loose on the bust and arms - and the size 18 pyjamas that make me look like a 3 year old in a onesie and Mr D could join me inside them...

I think it's somewhere along the 16 with a tummy and bugger all boobage compared to yer average 27 year olds these days.

It was 26. So I'm not complaining as much as I could have done.

14 would make me very, very, happy, though. Although I have a feeling that reaching 14 on the bottom half would mean my top had practically disappeared, leaving only arms like Popeye.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm so annoyed with myself. Forgot to add the chips calories when having a meal at spoons so I've gone over my daily calories!! In ONE meal at spoons 😭

Reactions: 1
Does anyone else start eating absolute garbage as soon as they set an official goal? Is it self sabotage? I don't even eat junk food on a daily basis, not a biscuit fan or a crisp fan or sweet tooth but I've been hitting the biscuit packages like famine is at my door step. What the hell. 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I'm so annoyed with myself. Forgot to add the chips calories when having a meal at spoons so I've gone over my daily calories!! In ONE meal at spoons 😭
Aww. One meal won’t make a difference! I hope you enjoyed them.

Sounds silly, but I didn’t even think about how many calories were in chips until I started using my app. I’m trying to get in a mindset that a burger or similar is a meal in itself - with salad to keep me full. I fancy chips but they are always a bit disappointing.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone else start eating absolute garbage as soon as they set an official goal? Is it self sabotage? I don't even eat junk food on a daily basis, not a biscuit fan or a crisp fan or sweet tooth but I've been hitting the biscuit packages like famine is at my door step. What the hell. 😭
Yes. I call it my toddler brain. I am the same when I set a budget cause I'm saving for something. I'll go to the supermarket and my toddler brain will be like "I WANT THIS!" I'm the same with fast food. I'll tell myself I have plenty of food at home but my toddler brain will say "BUT I WANT MCDONALDS" sometimes I win. Sometimes toddler brain wins. I find I'm best when I allow myself the thing.

Defo agree, sometimes you’re better to just have a little of what you want, and not face the mental battle and then overeat at the next opportunity.

Yes. I call it my toddler brain. I am the same when I set a budget cause I'm saving for something. I'll go to the supermarket and my toddler brain will be like "I WANT THIS!" I'm the same with fast food. I'll tell myself I have plenty of food at home but my toddler brain will say "BUT I WANT MCDONALDS" sometimes I win. Sometimes toddler brain wins. I find I'm best when I allow myself the thing.
Happy meal! Always works for me. A cheeseburger and small fries is no worse than getting a pre-packed sandwich.

Reactions: 4
Happy meal! Always works for me. A cheeseburger and small fries is no worse than getting a pre-packed sandwich.
I’m vegan so that wouldn’t work (unless I ate veggie dippers but I don’t like them) I usually get the thing (so McDonald’s a Mcplant) and then get veg instead of fries and I get water but that takes a lot of willpower lmao.

Reactions: 3
I feel like my nan saying this! But I woke up this morning and noticed my collar bones were out for the first time in maybe years and i feel so happy 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I feel like my nan saying this! But I woke up this morning and noticed my collar bones were out for the first time in maybe years and i feel so happy 😂
Aww that’s fab! I can’t wait to see mine again haha.

Update: I’m down .5kg this week and 1.5kg over the last month. I know that’s not a lot or fast but that’s 10kg lost now total and I’m chuffed.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Update: I’m down .5kg this week and 1.5kg over the last month. I know that’s not a lot or fast but that’s 10kg lost now total and I’m chuffed.
Well done! Slow and steady wins the race :)

• Heart
I am a biochemist and also someone who has to watch their weight. Most of the fad diets I find ridiculous. The paleo diet is not only not even marginally good for you, I'm pretty convinced that "paleos" didn't eat anything like that. Speaking as a biochemist, the whole premise of the Keto diet is a complete joke, and none of their claims have been certified in double blind studies with proper controls. However, two of those diets above are consistently listed as being not only effective, but actually helpful. That is the Mediterranean Diet and intermittent fasting. I do the ORIGINAL intermittent fasting, which isn't even listed, as is called the 5:2 diet. You eat regularly for 5 days a week and fast for 2 days (meaning stay under 600 calories). It's not every day, so I don't find it oppressive. I first started it when I wasn't paying attention and went up to 200 pounds. In 3 months, I was back down to 175, and it stabilized there. I just stay on it now, and my weight stays at 175.
Found the above from a biochemist in a comments section on different diets

I am a biochemist and also someone who has to watch their weight. Most of the fad diets I find ridiculous. The paleo diet is not only not even marginally good for you, I'm pretty convinced that "paleos" didn't eat anything like that. Speaking as a biochemist, the whole premise of the Keto diet is a complete joke, and none of their claims have been certified in double blind studies with proper controls. However, two of those diets above are consistently listed as being not only effective, but actually helpful. That is the Mediterranean Diet and intermittent fasting. I do the ORIGINAL intermittent fasting, which isn't even listed, as is called the 5:2 diet. You eat regularly for 5 days a week and fast for 2 days (meaning stay under 600 calories). It's not every day, so I don't find it oppressive. I first started it when I wasn't paying attention and went up to 200 pounds. In 3 months, I was back down to 175, and it stabilized there. I just stay on it now, and my weight stays at 175.
This isn't addressed to you in particular OP - I'm just speaking in general.

I think the issue with that is that the 5:2 won't work for everyone. I hate when professionals spout stuff like this because it makes people think "well I have to do that to lose weight" or "if they say it must be true" when reality is, we're all so different and what works for one won't work for someone else. I know people who have enjoyed doing keto and now only eat carbs for special occasions which is great but that's not true for everyone. In the same way that intermittent fasting doesn't work for me. You could say I do like a 12:12 type thing so I eat between 8am and 8pm but I'm not really trying, that's just my normal routine and I'm not a night snacker but there are plenty of people who do the 16:8 and it works great for them. I know a 5:2 diet would be hell for me which would then be pointless because I'm not going to keep that up long term.
The best weightloss advice is to make lifestyle changes that you can actually keep to. If that's 5:2 then do that, but don't force yourself to do something you hate or can't sustain.

Last edited:
  • Heart
This is addressed to you in particular - I'm just speaking in general.

I think the issue with that is that the 5:2 won't work for everyone. I hate when professionals spout stuff like this because it makes people think "well I have to do that to lose weight" or "if they say it must be true" when reality is, we're all so different and what works for one won't work for someone else. I know people who have enjoyed doing keto and now only eat carbs for special occasions which is great but that's not true for everyone. In the same way that intermittent fasting doesn't work for me. You could say I do like a 12:12 type thing so I eat between 8am and 8pm but I'm not really trying, that's just my normal routine and I'm not a night snacker but there are plenty of people who do the 16:8 and it works great for them. I know a 5:2 diet would be hell for me which would then be pointless because I'm not going to keep that up long term.
The best weightloss advice is to make lifestyle changes that you can actually keep to. If that's 5:2 then do that, but don't force yourself to do something you hate or can't sustain.
There’s also some evidence that suggest 5:2 isn’t safe for everyone such as those with auto immune issues, ME or POTS.

Truth is everyone needs to find what works for them and is sustainable for their lifestyle. I would bet most of us on this thread didn’t have the best of relationship with food since childhood. We have a lot of habits to unlearn and skills to learn. It’s emotional and psychological hard work. The more short cuts we take through fad diets or quick fixes (diet pills etc) the longer it will take to find a stable ground

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This might be a controversial question but has anyone tried and been successful with appetite suppressants, whether over the counter or on prescription?

This isn't addressed to you in particular OP - I'm just speaking in general.

Totally agree. Everyone is different. I struggled doing intermittent when I was working but have fallen into it now I'm no longer working. Think I'm doing 16/8.
Am going back on the Carol Vorderman diet that I loved first time round, then might progress into Mediterranean. Just seeing how it goes. Not going to beat myself up. Just want to get healthy.

Keto diets have been shown to be effective for people with certain conditions such as lipoedema.

To be honest, I don’t really trust people online who say they’re a biologist or biochemist. It often means they have an undergrad degree and think they speak for the entire scientific community!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.