Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t do weekly photos as my weight loss has been at a steady pace 0.5-2 lbs a week but I do take a photo maybe twice a month? I do it first thing in my pants and I’ve created a progress pic folder in my phone to refer to. For example this week I have maintained but it’s because I’ve been super busy at work so haven’t been getting my steps in and I’m retaining water. My photos show a difference still 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Question time!

Does anyone track their progress in pictures (of yourself, taken specifically for that purpose)?
If so, how often do you do that? Based on time (eg, monthly), or weight (eg, for every stone lost), or something else?
Can you see a difference? At what point can you see it for yourself?

Related: is anyone trying to fit into a particular item of clothing and using that to track their progress?
If so, how often are you trying it on, and is that based on time or weight lost or anything else?

Is anyone finding doing any of the above helpful? Motivational? Or the opposite?
Clothing is a far better indicator than scales. I manage my weight gain by clothes now, starts getting tight rein it in a bit and behave

Reactions: 6
Question time!

Does anyone track their progress in pictures (of yourself, taken specifically for that purpose)?
If so, how often do you do that? Based on time (eg, monthly), or weight (eg, for every stone lost), or something else?
Can you see a difference? At what point can you see it for yourself?

Related: is anyone trying to fit into a particular item of clothing and using that to track their progress?
If so, how often are you trying it on, and is that based on time or weight lost or anything else?

Is anyone finding doing any of the above helpful? Motivational? Or the opposite?
I haven’t used tracked using photos but I can see that being a great idea!

I used to have a pair of jeans I loved to wear. They were an expensive purchase many years ago and unique. Last year, way before I started to try and actively lose weight, I decided to give them away because having them in my closet and seeing them every day was making me feel bad. I also realised I will probably never fit into them again (size uk 8) and that’s okay 👍

Right now my current jeans are starting to feel loose when they used to feel tight. I still have a pair that are a size down from where I am right now. I am excited to eventually fit into those again!

I think if you feel excited by the idea of taking progress pics or holding on to clothes that’ll eventually fit then it’s good motivation. If it makes you feel bad or worried then it’s not for you. I personally wouldn’t buy something new that’s too small though because I feel like it would jinx things but that’s just me!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This is only tiny progress but I’m a pound and a qtr down already! Roll on the weight loss!

Reactions: 12
Me: has 1400 calories and does over 10K steps
My body: let's keep gaining weight 🙃

Back up to my starting weight. What the actual duck 😭😢 wish I could just chop off all my fat.

I think I might have to go back to sw, at least that worked.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Me: has 1400 calories and does over 10K steps
My body: let's keep gaining weight 🙃

Back up to my starting weight. What the actual duck 😭😢 wish I could just chop off all my fat.

I think I might have to go back to sw, at least that worked.
That really doesn’t make sense! Maybe you need to see your Gp so they can check your thyroid?

If not, it might be the cals in are off. Double check you’re factoring in cooking oils and the weight of foods isn’t off. When I gained back a bit two months ago it was me under estimating the cooking oils.

• Heart
That really doesn’t make sense! Maybe you need to see your Gp so they can check your thyroid?

If not, it might be the cals in are off. Double check you’re factoring in cooking oils and the weight of foods isn’t off. When I gained back a bit two months ago it was me under estimating the cooking oils.
I've (self diagnosed) myself with IBS & I'm really thinking maybe I should do FODMAP to see if there's things I should be avoiding in day to day. That might help. Just wish losing weight was easy.

0.7lbs down in my final week of a deficit, upped my cals by 150/day, although went over yesterday :sneaky:

Am on holiday where the food is so flavourful and fresh, aiming to get lots of walking done. Trying to find balance between not being too fixated on tracking calories and enjoying the food.

• Heart
I've (self diagnosed) myself with IBS & I'm really thinking maybe I should do FODMAP to see if there's things I should be avoiding in day to day. That might help. Just wish losing weight was easy.
I’ve ibs too and I have thankfully after a long time figured out what upsets my stomach and can’t eat (certain cheeses, deli meat) and how much of other things that are tricky I can handle (gluten being the big one). I do think that by our bowels being inflammatory it affects weight loss so figured what suits and doesn’t should make a big difference. If you’re not ready to do FODMAP just write how you feel after each meal and before the end one and then you can start to deduct what’s working. Sometimes when you stop eating something or limit it when you go back to trying it more the reaction of your body is stronger. That’s the case for me now so it’s like a big alarm going off

• Heart
Jumping into this thread. I’ve tried for years to lose weight and failed. I have maintained / lost since my biggest weight in 2020 so it has been more positive but I’m determined to shift it now.
Since 2020, I’ve lost (and regained and lost again) 21lbs. I weighed myself Monday and I’m currently the lowest weight I’ve been since 2019 so it’s spurred me on to continue and put my all into it. I still have 3/4 stone left but I’m feeling positive and optimistic so fingers crossed👍🏼 good luck everyone

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Jumping into this thread. I’ve tried for years to lose weight and failed. I have maintained / lost since my biggest weight in 2020 so it has been more positive but I’m determined to shift it now.
Since 2020, I’ve lost (and regained and lost again) 21lbs. I weighed myself Monday and I’m currently the lowest weight I’ve been since 2019 so it’s spurred me on to continue and put my all into it. I still have 3/4 stone left but I’m feeling positive and optimistic so fingers crossed👍🏼 good luck everyone
Congrats! How have you lost it?

I’ve been so low today about how I look and how tit I feel

Any tips on how to loose weight post birth ( 11 weeks) and after a C section with twins? ( 2nd pregnancy so a huge hanging apron)
Also any advice on how to correct diastasis recti?

:)

Reactions: 1
Any tips on how to loose weight post birth ( 11 weeks) and after a C section with twins? ( 2nd pregnancy so a huge hanging apron)

Walk everywhere you possibly can. I didn't appreciate how much energy I used pushing a pram until I stopped.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Congrats! How have you lost it?

I’ve been so low today about how I look and how tit I feel
In 2020 I reached my largest weight and I just knew enough was enough and I couldn’t get any bigger.
I started calorie counting as I could still enjoy foods that a lot of people see as ‘banned’ during a diet but as long as I kept it all within my calories I would be okay. I started moving more and walking the dog more and everyday I try to drink 2L of water. I found drinking water hard as I’d usually drink Diet Coke 🙈 but once I found a water bottle that suited me, I found I drank a lot more water compared to drinking glasses of water.
It’s not been straight forward, I emotionally eat and I find it hard when I have social plans that involve higher calories as I tend to say “f*ck it” and use it as an excuse to be off plan. I have found the longer I’ve stuck to it the easier it’s become as my diet was awful but now I can’t stomach the amount of takeaways and crap I was having.
don’t be disheartened by bumps in the journey, I’ve had many times where I’ve gained weight again and re lost it. I try and take it week by week instead of looking at how much I want to lose in total as that can be overwhelming if you’ve got alot to lose. Focus on just half a stone first!

also just to add, after I had my baby in 2016 I have been trying to lose weight. I gained the 4 stone in 5 years through pregnancy weight and poor diet based on convenience, emotional eating and being stuck in a rut. My point is, it took that many years and factors to gain all the weight so I’m not going to lose it overnight. It’s hard when starting your weight loss journey to want results over night and feeling disheartened when it takes longer then a month but recognising that you didn’t gain weight over night and therefore your not going to lose weight overnight is really helpful. It’s one hell of a journey.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Walk everywhere you possibly can. I didn't appreciate how much energy I used pushing a pram until I stopped.

Second the walking! That and stretching is pretty much all I did post birth, along with focusing on quick nutritious meals (ie not so much calorie counting) started longer daily walks around the same time as you are now post birth, lost 7kg nice and steady, about 1kg a month ☺
I put a few back on after starting back at work (office based and not choosing the best snacks, oops ! )
But back on it, 1kg to go to my lowest post pregnancy weight

Does anyone have any tips on not eating food that don’t react well lol
I’m not allergic or intolerant but yogurt leaves me feeling bloated and uncomfortable but I just LOVE the damn stuff 🤣 idk if it’s the consistency or what because vegan, lactose free, low fat, full fat, all make me feel the same way
I just really like the taste🤣😭

Does anyone have any tips on not eating food that don’t react well lol
I’m not allergic or intolerant but yogurt leaves me feeling bloated and uncomfortable but I just LOVE the damn stuff 🤣 idk if it’s the consistency or what because vegan, lactose free, low fat, full fat, all make me feel the same way
I just really like the taste🤣😭
Is this natural yogurt

But no other dairy products, how about stuff like yakult or fermented products
I’ve tried it and it always just sits so heavy in my stomach and makes me feel so uncomfortable
I can’t narrow it down
I think I’m just going to have to avoid it tbh

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.