Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Some People! I absolutely love a spreadsheet and graphs too! Until recently I was tracking bowel movements, periods, take aways, how many steps I did a day and how many spins a week, daily calories/protein/fibre macros and also how many hours of sleep I got each night. It was amazing and so informative but really time consuming so I’ve pared it right back 😂

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
@Some People! I absolutely love a spreadsheet and graphs too! Until recently I was tracking bowel movements, periods, take aways, how many steps I did a day and how many spins a week, daily calories/protein/fibre macros and also how many hours of sleep I got each night. It was amazing and so informative but really time consuming so I’ve pared it right back 😂
Ooh, I like to look at, if not keep records of, sleep too - it's really interesting alongside everything else because everything else affects it (I find).
It's so interesting to me that I don't care to track any diet data at all - I just do OMAD though, so maybe it's just not that interesting!

Wouldn't it be lovely if something/ someone made an end of year infographic of a year's worth of all of this information, like a Spotify roundup thingy?!
Phwoar, an animated graph of my weight going up and down... And up with key dates popping up (up, up, up *christmas* up, up *new year* down, down, down *birthday* up, down, down *holiday* up, up, up, up...). Maybe once a month the graph turns red as it inevitably turns upward.
Is that a thing? Did I invent it??? ™️™️™️ Someone please create that app and make me rich!!!

Kinda wanna work out the standard deviation of daily/weekly losses & gains now... For no good reason

Reactions: 1
Hi all

I’m 10 and a half stone and fell gross. I’ve got a petite frame and this weight is swamping me. I’m uncomfortable with my tummy rolls. I’ve said duck it too many times and eaten cake/ takeaway/ chocolate etc.

My one treat a day is a hot chocolate made with low calorie almond milk and the rest of the day is good healthy food. Hoping to get back into my size 12 jeans soon. I’m also weighing myself every day to keep myself accountable.
Sounds familiar! I don't feel gross but after being very naughty, it's back on the wagon for me!

Apologies if this has been covered before but has anyone ever tried out "bounce" classes? I've seen them advertised and they look cool, I have bad knees and apparently the trampoline makes it lower impact for your joints. Would love to give it a go (the only exercise I do is walking) but would be interested to hear reviews of anyone who has done these classes x

Reactions: 2
Apologies if this has been covered before but has anyone ever tried out "bounce" classes? I've seen them advertised and they look cool, I have bad knees and apparently the trampoline makes it lower impact for your joints. Would love to give it a go (the only exercise I do is walking) but would be interested to hear reviews of anyone who has done these classes x
I asked a while back I think but I'd really like hear some actual experiences of a class from an ordinary person too!
I only walk atm too, and my knees aren't usually too bad, but I'm waiting out a knee injury before I can give it a go.
It's certainly booked up as far in advance as its possible to do over here at the local council-run leisure centres, at least. So it must be popular?
Life and knees mean I can't give it a go until Tuesday 11th, but I'll be sure to let you know what it's like if I can get a space! Give it a try and tell us how you get on!

• Heart
I asked a while back I think but I'd really like hear some actual experiences of a class from an ordinary person too!
I only walk atm too, and my knees aren't usually too bad, but I'm waiting out a knee injury before I can give it a go.
It's certainly booked up as far in advance as its possible to do over here at the local council-run leisure centres, at least. So it must be popular?
Life and knees mean I can't give it a go until Tuesday 11th, but I'll be sure to let you know what it's like if I can get a space! Give it a try and tell us how you get on!
Yeah I think I'll bite the bullet and book in for the next available slot! Will def report back and would love to hear your thoughts as well if you give it a go :)

• Heart
Gained 1lbs this week. I haven’t cc all week so glad it’s not more, managed a weights session at the gym yesterday and felt so good afterwards, I’d forgotten and missed that post workout high. Going to do a walk at lunch.
Have 4 family birthdays over the next 3 weeks so lots of cake will be had but will also be broke so might help me not grab food on the go.
Happy Friday everyone

Reactions: 4
Ooh, I like to look at, if not keep records of, sleep too - it's really interesting alongside everything else because everything else affects it (I find).
It's so interesting to me that I don't care to track any diet data at all - I just do OMAD though, so maybe it's just not that interesting!

Wouldn't it be lovely if something/ someone made an end of year infographic of a year's worth of all of this information, like a Spotify roundup thingy?!
Phwoar, an animated graph of my weight going up and down... And up with key dates popping up (up, up, up *christmas* up, up *new year* down, down, down *birthday* up, down, down *holiday* up, up, up, up...). Maybe once a month the graph turns red as it inevitably turns upward.
Is that a thing? Did I invent it??? ™️™️™️ Someone please create that app and make me rich!!!

Kinda wanna work out the standard deviation of daily/weekly losses & gains now... For no good reason
MyWellness does something similar but idk if you can do it outside of a gym setting. So my gym has the machine that does a full body scan so it tells you exactly how much fat you have compared to muscle, bone density and does it into a little graph so you can see you going up and down.

• Heart
I'm quite bloated and generally feeling a bit bleugh this week. I weigh daily and I'm 1.5lb up in the last 3 days. So bloody frustrated. Without being rude, I'm just looking to moan rather than looking for advice.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm quite bloated and generally feeling a bit bleugh this week. I weigh daily and I'm 1.5lb up in the last 3 days. So bloody frustrated. Without being rude, I'm just looking to moan rather than looking for advice.
Honestly I gain that between 7am when I get up and 9am so I wouldn't worry too much

I've lost 5 stone and I honestly can't believe it 😭 ❤ I've been overweight my whole life. Now 31 and finally taking some control, I have various illnesses but I am doing it 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I've lost 5 stone and I honestly can't believe it 😭 ❤ I've been overweight my whole life. Now 31 and finally taking some control, I have various illnesses but I am doing it 🥰
Wow well done!!!! What method of weight loss did you use?

Wow well done!!!! What method of weight loss did you use?
I've been calorie counting and it's the first thing that's really worked long term. I've lost on WW and SW but it wasn't sustainable. I feel like calorie counting educates you about what you're eating and how many calories things have, which, for the long term, I feel is more beneficial,🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m a few lbs over my target weight since my wedding and honeymoon, but I’m kind of not bothered? I tried some clothes on today and didn’t grimace at everything for once, and I’m enjoying going out with friends and having free time to do fun stuff to worry too much about being strict with calorie counting 🫤 My aim is to get back to my exercise routine, I’m three days on the trot down so far.. I still can’t walk properly after my first weights session 🙃 my god it’s hard to get back into it! The DOMS are real!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone got any tips for weight loss on a budget when you live alone?
Are you able to buy in bulk and batch cook? Maybe in a slow cooker and pop portions in the freezer? When I’ve lived alone I had a tendency to eat badly because cooking one portion always seemed a faff.

Reactions: 4
Proud of myself today. Took the kids for a McDonalds and I didn’t have any, I just ate my sushi and a water! Plus tried a weight watchers bar from boots which was only 78 calories and surprisingly nice!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Question time!

Does anyone track their progress in pictures (of yourself, taken specifically for that purpose)?
If so, how often do you do that? Based on time (eg, monthly), or weight (eg, for every stone lost), or something else?
Can you see a difference? At what point can you see it for yourself?

Related: is anyone trying to fit into a particular item of clothing and using that to track their progress?
If so, how often are you trying it on, and is that based on time or weight lost or anything else?

Is anyone finding doing any of the above helpful? Motivational? Or the opposite?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.