Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh I think it depends on your body and sleep cycle. I am hungry in the morning, if I don't eat I will crave fatty and sugary food all day. That said, I am an early riser naturally, I am rarely in bed past 8am on my days off so it makes sense that I'm hungry in the morning, I am not an evening eater though. My evening meals are small cause I am seldom starving at that time. If you're a night owl then your body clock is going to be hungry at different times. I think it's just what works for you. It's like intermittent fasting. It doesn't work for everyone

Reactions: 5
I have fallen off the wagon spectacularly while visiting my family. My scale is already safely packed away in a box because I'm moving soon (thank god, I truly don't want to know), so I'm just slooowly starting with calorie counting again.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So I’m back from visiting my family, I posted a few days ago because I was falling off the wagon, skipping meals but eating too much junk, basically all my bad habits.

Well, I arrived back in the UK and compared to a week ago, I’ve lost half a pound. I was preparing myself to be up a few pounds so I’m relieved and surprised. I’m now wondering if the week before I was eating too little and this balanced it out? Part of me wonders too if it’ll only show up on the scale in a few days

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi guys Long time lurker
I’m 5ft 7, 79kg and have been struggling since forever. Lost 2 stone in the past with Sw however can’t be arsed with it now. I gave up meat 5 years ago and now wonder if that has something to do with y I can’t lose weight as I’m always hungry and my protein is low. I’m a midwife/nurse so do 12 hour shifts and average around 15k steps when at work but have just joined the gym too. Currently CC but just see slow results and then gain it all back after a weekend off track. Any advice please?

Hi guys Long time lurker
I’m 5ft 7, 79kg and have been struggling since forever. Lost 2 stone in the past with Sw however can’t be arsed with it now. I gave up meat 5 years ago and now wonder if that has something to do with y I can’t lose weight as I’m always hungry and my protein is low. I’m a midwife/nurse so do 12 hour shifts and average around 15k steps when at work but have just joined the gym too. Currently CC but just see slow results and then gain it all back after a weekend off track. Any advice please?
Increasing protein to healthy levels has definitely helped me slim down. I match my carbs and protein at every meal and so I don’t snack. I’m pretty full most of the time.

Can I ask what protein you eat? It’s one of my issues. I eat meat but not a massive meat eater, don’t mind eggs but couldn’t eat them everyday. Struggle with protein yogurt like skyr, something about it that I don’t enjoy so have to force myself to eat it. I’m always down on my protein so end up snacking on carbs.

Reactions: 2
Can I ask what protein you eat? It’s one of my issues. I eat meat but not a massive meat eater, don’t mind eggs but couldn’t eat them everyday. Struggle with protein yogurt like skyr, something about it that I don’t enjoy so have to force myself to eat it. I’m always down on my protein so end up snacking on carbs.
I eat a lot of chicken and fish. When I’m feeling lazy, I make a chocolate drink using liquid egg whites. It tastes good :)

Increasing protein to healthy levels has definitely helped me slim down. I match my carbs and protein at every meal and so I don’t snack. I’m pretty full most of the time.
I carry a bag of nuts with me. A bag from Aldi costs about £1.60 and does me 3 days with a banana everyday as a snack, also a shift worker so I kkow how hard it is to eat properly.

I somewhat fell off the wagon at the start of this week due to the comment my *dear* coworker made (the next day he left two bottles of pepsi max on my desk to apologise. I did laugh but still obviously took a knock to my confidence!) and ended up binging for two days. I've gotten back on the wagon now but I'm debating skipping friday's weigh in as I'm due on my period and I know I'll probably have a gain due to water retention. Should I suck it up and see how I'm getting on or just skip for the sake of maintaining motivation?

• Heart
I somewhat fell off the wagon at the start of this week due to the comment my *dear* coworker made (the next day he left two bottles of pepsi max on my desk to apologise. I did laugh but still obviously took a knock to my confidence!) and ended up binging for two days. I've gotten back on the wagon now but I'm debating skipping friday's weigh in as I'm due on my period and I know I'll probably have a gain due to water retention. Should I suck it up and see how I'm getting on or just skip for the sake of maintaining motivation?
I think it really depends on you as a person. If you think seeing your weight is gonna set you back this week then I wouldn't weigh.

Reactions: 8
I think if you know it might sway your motivation I would skip it! I don’t weight myself on my period for this reason.

Reactions: 7
I'll usually still weigh because I need the accountability - I kinda have to weigh every day to keep myself on track.

I applaud you for getting back on the wagon so quickly - that'd have a week written off and spent binging if it were me.

Do whatever keeps your motivation up 🖤

• Heart
I weigh every day no matter what. I also track if I’ve not been to the loo, had a take away the day before, period due, etc. It’s definitely not for everyone but if you can kind of condition your mind to see the numbers as data points its really useful and helps you be less emotionally bothered by the scales. Also, the problem with weighing yourself once a week is that your overall weekly average might be lower and you didn’t see it that particular day because eg you haven’t been to the loo or whatever and that can be disheartening. I take an average of the week and as long as it’s going down I’m happy.

ETA it’s also really helpful in keeping on track because you learn your body patterns. For example if I eat one take away I will likely be up 2 lbs the next day, but 2 days later it’ll be gone again and I’ll still have an overall loss that week. So knowing this helps me get back on track the next day as I haven’t ‘ruined’ the week. In the past when I didn’t check every day and know this, then a take away or a bad day of eating etc would ruin my whole week as I’d think ‘I’ve probably fucked it now so I’ll keep binging’.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi all

I’m 10 and a half stone and fell gross. I’ve got a petite frame and this weight is swamping me. I’m uncomfortable with my tummy rolls. I’ve said duck it too many times and eaten cake/ takeaway/ chocolate etc.

My one treat a day is a hot chocolate made with low calorie almond milk and the rest of the day is good healthy food. Hoping to get back into my size 12 jeans soon. I’m also weighing myself every day to keep myself accountable.

Reactions: 7
How many calories do people recommend?

i am between 1400-1900 depending on if I’m at work/ able to get to the gym etc.

How many calories do people recommend?

i am between 1400-1900 depending on if I’m at work/ able to get to the gym etc.
The way I did it was to calculate an approx TDEE (I found an online calculator) then worked out a 300/day calorie deficit (I felt that the calories that were recommended for 500/day were too low for me, as I'm short). I did calculate my activity level as sedentary because I don't go into the office much anymore and can only go to the gym once a week at the moment.

I lost 1lb per week for 3 weeks, so I knew I was on the right track, I gained 0.7lbs on a week I was due a period and holding onto water like a camel. I would have weighed every day but didn't want to become too fixated on it, so I'm expecting another loss next week once my cycle does its thing.

I plan to take a break from dieting for 6 weeks from next week onwards, to give my body a break, then I'll go back into another deficit as I still have some more weight to lose.

A lady on another thread mentioned that she had changed to the Mediterranean diet in 2019 and has lost 200 lbs. A big achievement as I think that's 14 stones.
I remember watching a programme a few years ago where a Yorkshire? cricketer called Darren? tried it out and he liked it so much he carried on after the programme finished. He's the one who was on Strictly and opened his own dance school after it.

• Wow
I weigh every day no matter what. I also track if I’ve not been to the loo, had a take away the day before, period due, etc. It’s definitely not for everyone but if you can kind of condition your mind to see the numbers as data points its really useful and helps you be less emotionally bothered by the scales. Also, the problem with weighing yourself once a week is that your overall weekly average might be lower and you didn’t see it that particular day because eg you haven’t been to the loo or whatever and that can be disheartening. I take an average of the week and as long as it’s going down I’m happy.

ETA it’s also really helpful in keeping on track because you learn your body patterns. For example if I eat one take away I will likely be up 2 lbs the next day, but 2 days later it’ll be gone again and I’ll still have an overall loss that week. So knowing this helps me get back on track the next day as I haven’t ‘ruined’ the week. In the past when I didn’t check every day and know this, then a take away or a bad day of eating etc would ruin my whole week as I’d think ‘I’ve probably fucked it now so I’ll keep binging’.
This is exactly what I do in every single way!? Same motivation, reasoning, tracking, takeaway consequences... 😂

If I'm ever asked, I can look back in my diaries and confidently confirm whether I had or had not had a poo by 7am on a specific date 😂😂😂

I literally can't control myself if I'm not a bit weird and obsessive about it and I really do looove playing with data, so wins all round 🤷‍♀️
I used to have a very sexy spreadsheet tracking all this stuff with a lovely graph.

In addition to my weight, toilet habits, and cycle, I also track my steps and miles walked. I take note of any illness or unusual food or activity.
I don't count or track calories though! It's a hassle. I think if I did, I'd be eating right up to the line whereas now in delicious, ignorant bliss I stay in a comfortable deficit just in case.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.