Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is eating in a deficit so hard! I know what to do, I’ve done it before, I was even doing quite well this time! Then totm hit and the queen died and I’ve just snacked and eaten crap all weekend. Argh. Back to the drawing board again.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi guys,
I had a long weekend trip with my mum in Paris so no morning runs.
But we were walking a lot, so I was still every day active.
She is staying until weekend so I will not be able to run because we are doing a lot of sightseeing.

Weakly measuring 🐷
-2,4kg (just CRAZY 😱)

I had normal cooked meals in Paris and always a small desert.
Activity is obviously very important and makes a big change in metabolism.
This gives me motivation to continue.

First running should be next Saturday morning.
Until then...
August 34.5km 2780/7000kcal
September 34.9km 3178/7000kcal

Wish you all a wonderful start of the working week 💖
And stay motivated and keep reaching your goal ☺
We can do it!!

i’ve fully decided that calori counting is not for me! i started again last week and it just lead to a “duck it” day yesterday. I am far better off with a meal plan then i literally don’t have to think about anything. i’ve meal prepped for the week so hopefully this will help.
started my 10k run plan last week and it is totm this week so i’m up but almost 1kg :( i know it is water weight but it’s hard to see past that…

Reactions: 7
i’ve fully decided that calori counting is not for me! i started again last week and it just lead to a “duck it” day yesterday. I am far better off with a meal plan then i literally don’t have to think about anything. i’ve meal prepped for the week so hopefully this will help.
started my 10k run plan last week and it is totm this week so i’m up but almost 1kg :( i know it is water weight but it’s hard to see past that…
I had my TOTM this week, on the first day of my period I was 5.5lbs heavier! Today I'm coming off and I've gone back down. If your weight affects your mood I would honestly not look at the scale while you're on your period

Has anyone got any tips on how to bite the bullet and actually take the first steps to seriously tackling the weight. I’m in a cycle of “starting Monday” and Monday never comes, all whilst I’m progressively getting fatter. I hate tracking calories and I know that’s what I need to do, I feel like it’s too restrictive and as soon as I know I’m going over I just go off the rails and think chuff it! I still darent weigh myself as I know that will disgust me and force me to do something about it. It’s so strange, it’s something I want to do so much mainly for health reasons but I just can’t get over the first step.

* I have previously lost 4 stone before so I have been through it all - it was with slimming world so I didn’t really track. I just can’t seem to make those first steps now even though I’m bigger than ever.
Starting Monday never works for me. I always start on food shop days, as I can make sure I’ve got healthy snacks in and make a meal plan. Maybe set yourself a target? I know Xmas is a popular target, and that’s 14 weeks away, so maybe have a realistic number in mind by then.

I'm down by 1.3lbs this morning (I think that's some pre-menstrual water coming off too, I felt like I was retaining like a camel during the week).

Nothing is visible yet, but I don't think that will happen for another 3lbs+. Only two more weeks for the deficit, then I'm going up to maintenance for 6 weeks to give my body a break. The deficit has felt challenging in parts, not impossible, but sometimes I'll think of something like a pie and mash, knowing I can't have it on that day otherwise I'll go over. Knowing I'll have a rest from it and go back to it feels doable.

Well guys.. the day before I fly out for my wedding, despite two bouts of Covid this year and a dicky knee, I made it back down to my goal. Thank you so much for listening to my numerous rants and all the wisdom and support, genuinely couldn’t have done it without this thread. I will be back after my honeymoon 👰🏻‍♀️🤍
Hey everyone, back from my minimoon and wanted to share a before and after pic (trying to be anon). The before picture is not at my biggest (I can’t find many full length pictures of that time.. probably avoiding photos tbh). The after is on my wedding day. After indulging during the wedding and our minimoon I only put on 6lbs, which I was shocked about.. and I think a few lbs will be water weight and easily lost again.
Starting to make some new exercise and fitness based goals rather than weight loss alone - strength work, like single leg squats and pull ups, neither of which I can do yet! I’ll also be going to physio now I have some spare cash, and hopefully get back to running. Looking forward to carrying on the hard work with you all 🫶🏻

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Where, oh where, did my self control go this weekend?!

Helped my brother-and-sister-in-law move into their new home. Started off my day with a maple and salted caramel iced latte from Starbucks and then MIL plied me with various pastries. Then, once they were in the new home, they provided us with a lovely selection of crisps and biscuits which of course I stuffed my face with. THEN, the celebrations tin comes out. AND THEN! B&SIL decide they'd like to buy us all a fish and chip takeaway to say thanks. So generous of them when they didn't really need to and I enjoyed every moment of eating but did not enjoy the logging of 3500 calories on Nutracheck 😅 Gonna try and remain super strict with myself this week to hopefully still get a loss this week!

Reactions: 5
2lb down for the week, having a maccies within cals as a treat (6 nuggets and small fries) said no to a night out at the weekend to save money and calories.

• Heart
Where, oh where, did my self control go this weekend?!

Helped my brother-and-sister-in-law move into their new home. Started off my day with a maple and salted caramel iced latte from Starbucks and then MIL plied me with various pastries. Then, once they were in the new home, they provided us with a lovely selection of crisps and biscuits which of course I stuffed my face with. THEN, the celebrations tin comes out. AND THEN! B&SIL decide they'd like to buy us all a fish and chip takeaway to say thanks. So generous of them when they didn't really need to and I enjoyed every moment of eating but did not enjoy the logging of 3500 calories on Nutracheck 😅 Gonna try and remain super strict with myself this week to hopefully still get a loss this week!
It's ok to do this on occasion, enjoying a binge session once in a while isn't what puts the weight on, it's doing it every single day.

Reactions: 6
It's ok to do this on occasion, enjoying a binge session once in a while isn't what puts the weight on, it's doing it every single day.
I second this - I would suggest looking at calorie intake across the week.

I watched a show on channel 4 about people who eat loads but are slim and one of the things mentioned was their calories across the week were in deficit just as a result of their normal life.

(Its called the truth about slim people and it was a fascinating watch!)

Reactions: 10
I definitely fin this to be true, if I have a big breakfast, I barely eat the rest of the day Bigger breakfasts better for controlling appetite, study suggests - BBC News
Definitely not true for me, if I have a big breakfast I tend to think "duck it, I've ruined it now"

Speaking of which, I ate to maintenance yesterday. Not as bad as I was expecting, but not ideal for losing weight! I don't know why I can't just stick to dieting. I think it's because I find it boring, I like having nice food and a glass of wine

Reactions: 6
After being on my TOTM I’ve stepped in the scales and I’m 2lbs down from two weeks ago so I am very happy! Just 3lbs away from my goal :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So yesterday at work, we were joking about a company-wide boxing match. I made a comment of 'that's unfair, the only person in my weight class is x from the x branch' and one of my colleagues replied with 'Oh, I haven't met her. Is she (and makes a motion of with hands to suggest a massive person) too?' and then laughed. Really knocked me as I used to be a lot bigger and have a warped sense of what I actually look like, but I didn't think others were still viewing me as huge! Went home, ate a 5 pack of cookies and phoned in my workout this morning as I wasn't feeling up to it.

Stepped on the scales today though to a pound and a half loss though so feeling better, but still upset that people can be so thoughtless sometimes.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Definitely not true for me, if I have a big breakfast I tend to think "duck it, I've ruined it now"

Speaking of which, I ate to maintenance yesterday. Not as bad as I was expecting, but not ideal for losing weight! I don't know why I can't just stick to dieting. I think it's because I find it boring, I like having nice food and a glass of wine
I find if I have breakfast at all then I'm hungry all day, leading me to eat when I wouldn't normally which is obviously not what I want to do.
Common knowledge/ pop science/ 'they' say that it's important for your metabolism, and maybe the hunger is my metabolism being 'kick-started' or whatever, but it seems stupid to add in breakfast calories I wouldn't usually have plus the extra from being hungry from having breakfast.

People will shame me for not eating breakfast, too. I'm not hungry at stupid'o'clock in the morning and I'm not gonna force myself because it's eating when I'm not hungry that got me into this mess.

So yesterday at work, we were joking about a company-wide boxing match. I made a comment of 'that's unfair, the only person in my weight class is x from the x branch' and one of my colleagues replied with 'Oh, I haven't met her. Is she (and makes a motion with hands to suggest a massive person) too?' and then laughed. Really knocked me as I used to be a lot bigger and have a warped sense of what I actually look like, but I didn't think others were still viewing me as huge! Went home, ate a 5 pack of cookies and phoned in my workout this morning as I wasn't feeling up to it.

Stepped on the scales today though to a pound and a half loss though so feeling better, but still upset that people can be so thoughtless sometimes.
I hate this for you - people suck.

I really just wanted to say that I related to how devastating motion-with-hands-to-suggest-a-massive-person is. Bonus misery points if they also do a puffed-out cheek and double chin combo also. People suck.

I also very much relate to the mangled self-perception you get when you used to be much bigger. Idk about you, but I've dropped a few stone over the last couple of years but crucially I am still big and honestly, I've no idea what I look like now. I'm not where I want to be and I'm still lugging around the emotional baggage/ damage from years of being big/bigger, so I often feel huge and horrible about it, despite knowing that I fit into clothes easily accessible in most mainstream stores now, so can't be that freakish. But how do the normals see me?!
Shouldn't matter. Does.

Congrats on your loss, and duck those guys x

Last edited:
  • Heart
I definitely fin this to be true, if I have a big breakfast, I barely eat the rest of the day Bigger breakfasts better for controlling appetite, study suggests - BBC News
This varies massively for me. Sometimes if I skip breakfast, I won’t think much about food until lunch. Other times, I’ll end up with low blood sugar and just want to eat junk food and chocolate by noon.

It definitely works on holiday! I think it goes to show that when you’re sitting at work, so much of eating is just boredom.

Absolutely. I eat less at weekends because I’m doing housework and running after the kids. Put me in front of a computer and I just think about food constantly.
Ive lost 1/2lb this week. Slowly, slowly but looking back I’ve lost 8lbs since February so I’m trying to stay positive. It will just be very slow.

Reactions: 1
Well I’m a little off the rails this week. Turns out visiting your family who you stress you out is a bit of a recipe for disaster. I’m doing all sorts of silly things like skipping meals here and there, overdoing snacks having fast food. My parents don’t really cook, so a lot of things are missing in the kitchen and I do buy them bits when I visit but by the time I come back, the knives are destroyed, there’s no seasoning left in date/been tossed.
I’ll step on the scale when I get home on Saturday but am prepared for an increase. Looking forward to being home and feeling back in control.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.