Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you so much! 🤗🤗 I had a really crappy day and your post cheered me up! 🥰 Well, it is definitely a daily battle. There are temptations everywhere and being with someone who eats everything I love and miss is a test to my willpower! 😅
My advice from someone who managed to lose all their weight for their wedding is make sure you appreciate how well you’ve done and how good you look! I’ve piled all my weight back on now after having a baby and looking back at photos I keep thinking I did look really good and all I can remember is still feeling fat at the time which is crazy considering I was a size 10/12.

Ive lost 3lbs this week and while I’m pleased I am slightly worried I’m losing it too fast as I read somewhere the aim should be 1lb a week for the weight to stay off. Although with that said I have lost 5.5lbs in august which isn’t too much and I still have 3.5 stone to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've decided to focus on measurements now more than the scales, as it fluctuates so much and I've started doing weights now so weighing might not be accurate enough on its own. Does anyone know what a reasonable number of inches you could lose from your waist in a month? I know it will vary so much by person but I have no idea what is realistic. Anyone who does measurements, how quickly do you see a difference in inches? I'm so impatient 😂
I noticed a significant drop in the waist the first two stone, then dribs and drabs for months, and now in the final stretch (to 5 stone) it seems to be finally moving again. I'm really tall though so I think my weight was spread all over. If you're the same it might be worth measuring all over.

Reactions: 1
My advice from someone who managed to lose all their weight for their wedding is make sure you appreciate how well you’ve done and how good you look! I’ve piled all my weight back on now after having a baby and looking back at photos I keep thinking I did look really good and all I can remember is still feeling fat at the time which is crazy considering I was a size 10/12.

Ive lost 3lbs this week and while I’m pleased I am slightly worried I’m losing it too fast as I read somewhere the aim should be 1lb a week for the weight to stay off. Although with that said I have lost 5.5lbs in august which isn’t too much and I still have 3.5 stone to go.
I’m the same I keep seeing old pics and remember thinking at the time I needed to lose more weight. I’m appreciating it more this time around.

My losses worked out at an average of 2.5lbs a week. Some weeks it’d only be like half a pound.

Honestly feel like giving up 😩 having a depressive spell, feel bigger than ever even though I know I'm not. Self esteem is just non existent right now

• Heart
  • Sad
It makes me sad to look back on my wedding photos because I look amazing but I remember when I first saw them I cried because I thought my arms looked fat in one of the preview pics our photographer shared (I was a size 10-12, they were not fat!) Wish I had appreciated it at the time. I do think it’s true when I read those social media posts that the fact you weren’t happy then shows it’s not really about how your body looks but your mindset. So this time I am going to try and be less hard on myself, if I do get back to my wedding weight.

Reactions: 6
This is good to know!

I'm not wanting to lose a lot of weight, maybe a stone at the moment just to get me into the healthy BMI range (although BMI is a tit system).

Is it healthy to lose weight if you're at the beginning of a pregnancy? I know I'd want to keep active but wouldn't want to do anything that could potentially put a baby at risk
I was over weight/obese and the midwife advised to try and maintain my weight. I had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies so had to watch my diet and blood sugars from 20 weeks

Reactions: 3
It makes me sad to look back on my wedding photos because I look amazing but I remember when I first saw them I cried because I thought my arms looked fat in one of the preview pics our photographer shared (I was a size 10-12, they were not fat!) Wish I had appreciated it at the time. I do think it’s true when I read those social media posts that the fact you weren’t happy then shows it’s not really about how your body looks but your mindset. So this time I am going to try and be less hard on myself, if I do get back to my wedding weight.
This is exactly me! I was 10 stone on my wedding day and it was the biggest I'd ever been and I was completely gutted by my photos. Now I'm 11 and a half stone and I look at those photos and think I look a-m-a-z-i-n-g and that I never appreciated my body when I was younger!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This was from my holiday earlier this month. NSV: I never ever get my legs out. I felt really good. But my first thought when I saw the pic was ‘my arm looks fat’ 🥴 I think we’re always gonna look at pics and not like something. But I know no one else gave a tit about when I was wearing/how I looked. So I’m really trying to be more positive.
E94DC12B-5471-4B4A-97EA-23BCF4A22133.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm going out today to see all my friends in a big group for the first time since the whole pandemic began... and I'm really being a crazy person. After my weight gain and partial loss, I probably only weigh 5-7lbs more than when anyone last saw me but in my head they're all going to be horrified that I've turned into a big fat bastard and I've spent two days trying to figure out an outfit that'll hide it. I need to GET OVER MYSELF 😂 Nobody is going to care and I know it but my brain is fighting me.

• Heart
Nobody is going to care and I know it but my brain is fighting me.
Awww love, we’ve all been there and felt super conscious of what we look like and what others will think. It’s the worst ☹

If it helps.. on the flip side people only started commenting on my weight loss after I’d lost about 2 stone - so they definitely won’t notice 5-7lbs gain. Xxx

• Heart
NSV (sort of?) I’ve had the day from hell with work today, just a really tough difficult day, I’m PMSing, I’m hungry and I’m really tired. 12 months ago (even six months ago) I’d have gone “duck it, huge bowl of pasta and a load of garlic bread, a bottle of wine why not it’s the weekend”to make me feel better, but I’m actually really looking forward to a healthy dinner, and putting a film on. I might have a little cry too (sometimes you just need to 🤷🏻‍♀️) but I don’t feel like diving face first into the carbs and that feels like a little win.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Weeks 32-35: -4 lbs
Total: 4 stone 12 lbs

2 lbs until healthy BMI...

Arghhh, so close! 😝 I know from previous attempts it slows right down in this weight range, so not surprised. Also, I recently started doing HIIT workouts 4-5 times a week so I think I'm carrying some water weight from that.

NSVs:
- The biggest difference in the past month has been in my arms. They've really slimmed down and I can now fit in my fave shirt. ☺ Coming for you next, stomach!
- FINALLY upping my exercise consistently. I've struggled with this; I had Covid/long covid last year and it really did a number on my stamina (which is why I'm always banging on about it). I'm feeling stronger and have more energy overall so I'm calling that a major win. 💪

Love the posts about putting it all in perspective/appreciating how far we've come. I'll be celebrating later today with veggie burgers and waffle fries with a friend. 😇 Happy weekend, all... xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Week 34: -1lb. Happy with that after birthday celebrations last weekend. 48lb lost in total. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Finished the 5-day phase one, lost 4.6lbs - very happy with that. It'll slow down now, but that's a good start. 4.8lbs to go until I reach the top of the 'healthy' BMI band and 21.8lbs to go to goal.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Weigh day today and I’m hovering around the .3 mark for the last month now, I keep going from 3.2lb to 3.8lb and in between!

Reactions: 6
Week 1 - 2-3obs off.

First weigh in day and first week back on 5:2. Weighed myself yesterday and was pleased to see I lost 3lbs. But then had a bumpy night last night and had a microwave meal and a beer I didn't plan for. Had put back on 1lb this morning but happy overall with the official 2lb loss.

Persuaded Mr B to have a pizza at home tonight rather than get a takeaway. Not entirely healthy but at least it's easier to count the calories.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Im thinking of trying some yoga to help me mentally and physically, can anyone recommend any good YT videos?

Reactions: 1

Thank you for your advice! 🤗 I'm trying my best to do that and be proud of myself! 🥰🥰
Congrats on your weight loss! 😊

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.