Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone! 👋

I've lost a stone since February 2021, had my daughter in October 2020. I feel proud that I have achieved this but I took some progress pictures yesterday and can't see a difference at all 😕

I'm currently on 1,210 calories a day (MFP suggested) but I'm usually 2/300 calories below that once I've done exercise. Is this too little? To be honest I don't have the best relationship with food and I have a fear of eating too many calories and putting weight on/not losing weight but I genuinely don't know what's best to do 😔

I also struggle with meal ideas, mainly with evening meals if anyone can help? I never used to make family meals before having my daughter but the past few weeks I've been trying to make things like Lasagne, mince and dumplings, slow cooked beef, chicken curry. Any ideas welcome! 😊

Also any suggestions on how to eat less carbs and more protein? I try not to pay too much attention to macros because at this stage in my weight loss I don't think they're important but at a glance I'm eating wayyyy too many carbs and not enough protein 😔

Happy to connect on MFP if anyone would like to 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi everyone! 👋

I've lost a stone since February 2021, had my daughter in October 2020. I feel proud that I have achieved this but I took some progress pictures yesterday and can't see a difference at all 😕

I'm currently on 1,210 calories a day (MFP suggested) but I'm usually 2/300 calories below that once I've done exercise. Is this too little? To be honest I don't have the best relationship with food and I have a fear of eating too many calories and putting weight on/not losing weight but I genuinely don't know what's best to do 😔
Anything under 1000 is far too low. And to be honest I think going under 1200 is too low as well. You'll make yourself sick (physically and mentally) :confused:

Reactions: 6
Anything under 1000 is far too low. And to be honest I think going under 1200 is too low as well. You'll make yourself sick (physically and mentally) :confused:
I agree, I can't say I feel great at the moment. Maybe I should up my calories to about 1600 if I'm exercising, not sure where MFP has plucked 1200 from, maybe I said I was sedentary when I signed up a while back.

Had a few relaxed days the heat and blooming press conference of doom meant yesterday was bit rubbish.
Scales say 12 10 today which is good starting point.
Todays a new day have loads housework to do.
Bag to take round charity shop.
Will give dog nice long walk this evening.

Reactions: 1
Had a few relaxed days the heat and blooming press conference of doom meant yesterday was bit rubbish.
Scales say 12 10 today which is good starting point.
Todays a new day have loads housework to do.
Bag to take round charity shop.
Will give dog nice long walk this evening.
Ahh glad the morning has started well for you! I'm taking my little girl on a lon walk into town today, tracking steps with a pushchair in an absolute nightmare, I'm thinking I'll need to buy a traditional pedometer!

Reactions: 3
I agree, I can't say I feel great at the moment. Maybe I should up my calories to about 1600 if I'm exercising, not sure where MFP has plucked 1200 from, maybe I said I was sedentary when I signed up a while back.
MFP gives most women 1200 as standard, but if is too low for most people. If you look up TDEE and use a calculator online (there are lots) and take off 500 calories a day to lose roughly 1lb a week. (500 x 7 days a week roughly equals 1lb of fat).

Reactions: 7
Ahh glad the morning has started well for you! I'm taking my little girl on a lon walk into town today, tracking steps with a pushchair in an absolute nightmare, I'm thinking I'll need to buy a traditional pedometer!
I use my Samsung phone and regularly push a buggy . Use Samsung health app.
Only managed 6 k steps yesterday as was so hot.
Really want be productive around the house today as its a mess.

MFP always suggested 1200 to me as well… and then I’d try snd play a game to try and get under it 😖

Im not doing it anymore and I’m not particularly calorie counting (obviously I’m aware of high calorie things etc) but I’m trying to step away from the ‘diet culture’. At the moment I’m just buying healthier foods, cutting out white breads/pasta and taking veggies and hummus for lunch in work, with natural yoghurt and berries.

I watched that BBC programme called ‘what are we feeding our kids’ about eating processed foods and it really affected me 🤣

Reactions: 8
Hi everyone! 👋

I also struggle with meal ideas, mainly with evening meals if anyone can help? I never used to make family meals before having my daughter but the past few weeks I've been trying to make things like Lasagne, mince and dumplings, slow cooked beef, chicken curry. Any ideas welcome! 😊

Also any suggestions on how to eat less carbs and more protein? I try not to pay too much attention to macros because at this stage in my weight loss I don't think they're important but at a glance I'm eating wayyyy too many carbs and not enough protein 😔

Happy to connect on MFP if anyone would like to 😊
I’ve done 1200 in the past and it wasn’t easy. I could never do it now. I make sure I don’t go below 1500 a day now. Like someone else has said work out your tdee and go from there.

It shouldn’t be a one size fits all for calories, which is how these calorie tracking app treats it!

Everyone’s maintenance calories will be different, everyone’s BMR will be different and the amount of calories you’re eating should never fall below your BMR.

Always use a TDEE Calculator to work out your maintenance calories and go from there as others suggest, it needs to be tailored to you as a person.

Reactions: 4
Thought I’d lost you all then! 😅

Back on it this morning to deal with a weekend of overindulgence in London, very ready to rein it all back in.

MFP gives most women 1200 as standard, but if is too low for most people. If you look up TDEE and use a calculator online (there are lots) and take off 500 calories a day to lose roughly 1lb a week. (500 x 7 days a week roughly equals 1lb of fat).
I will look that up, thank you!

I use my Samsung phone and regularly push a buggy . Use Samsung health app.
Only managed 6 k steps yesterday as was so hot.
Really want be productive around the house today as its a mess.
I have the Samsung health app on my phone but it says I've only taken 1.3k steps but a pedometer from the app store says 8k which is more accurate 🤷🏻‍♀️ not sure if I'm doing anything wrong with it! I have the galaxy watch but it's a bit pointless wearing it with the pushchair.

MFP always suggested 1200 to me as well… and then I’d try snd play a game to try and get under it 😖
This is what I'm doing at the moment, I feel guilty when I go over the 1,200 and I don't think it's healthy 😭

It shouldn’t be a one size fits all for calories, which is how these calorie tracking app treats it!

Everyone’s maintenance calories will be different, everyone’s BMR will be different and the amount of calories you’re eating should never fall below your BMR.

Always use a TDEE Calculator to work out your maintenance calories and go from there as others suggest, it needs to be tailored to you as a person.
Do TDEE calculators take into account your BMR? Going to use one now!

Reactions: 1
@bellinibobble I think TDEE calculators take into account your BMR
Your BMR makes up your TDEE.

TDEE = total daily energy expenditure

Your TDEE is made up of:
BMR = basal metabolic rate (how much you burn just existing)
NEAT = Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (things like fiddling, fidgeting, walking to the loo and back etc)
PAL = physical activity level (physical exercise)
TEF = thermic effect of food (calories burned by our digestive system as we eat/process food)

As you can see, your BMR is the absolute minimum amount of calories you would need for you body to function at a minimum, like we’re talking breathing, pumping blood aka comatose level. No one should be eating at BMR level or below. We *ALL* need more calories to thrive and function.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
In the 7 weeks I've been with preece nutrition, I've gained 1lb 😔 I've messaged Peter about lowering my calories

• Sad
Can anybody recommend the best calculator for working out for your calories please?

I aim for a daily walk 30-45 mins and am currently doing 3 weights/hiit sessions a week and one 5k run - when using these calculators I never know what to class myself as I presume moderately active? Thanks! 😊

Reactions: 2
Can anybody recommend the best calculator for working out for your calories please?

I aim for a daily walk 30-45 mins and am currently doing 3 weights/hiit sessions a week and one 5k run - when using these calculators I never know what to class myself as I presume moderately active? Thanks! 😊
hey! Use tdeecalculator website as a rough guide and go with moderately active! It might take a few weeks of playing around with the numbers to make them work for you but it’s a good starting point!

Oooh shiny new thread!

I've bitten the bullet and bought an exercise bike, it's arriving tomorrow! Running is my go to exercise but I just can't face getting up at silly o clock to run to avoid the heat at the moment, and I can't function in the heat most of the time anyway :D 4 months til the wedding, 3 months until my dress fitting, need to get a wriggle on :D

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.