Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it the 5:2 diet or the 800 calorie diet? I'm going to start the 5:2 tomorrow. I'm so fed up of trying to limit my meals to smaller boring portions so I hope it helps
It's 800 calories for up to 12 weeks (if you want) and then 5:2!

I haven't found it too hard so far! Never hungry.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
It's 800 calories for up to 12 weeks (if you want) and then 5:2!

I haven't found it too hard so far! Never hungry.
If you don't mind me asking what type of things are you eating?

I know its controversial. but I also know the benefits to "fasting" on a short term basis. so I hope nobody comes for me for asking this lol

Reactions: 1
Well done you!

I've dabbled with keto for a while, but couldn't shift any weight more recently! I think I wasn't being strict enough. I think I needed this strict approach to get me back on track!

I feel like I should be able to maintain throwing in a few fasts per week when I get to goal.
Full keto would not be for me, but I’m very active so just keeping my carbs moderately low seems to work just as well for me.

Reactions: 2
If you don't mind me asking what type of things are you eating?

I know its controversial. but I also know the benefits to "fasting" on a short term basis. so I hope nobody comes for me for asking this lol

Of course!

Black coffee for breakfast.

Lunch is usually am omelette and vegetables, tuna salad, or bacon, mushrooms and a chaffle.

Dinner is a salad with chicken, stir fry or cauliflower fried rice or meat and vegetables.

It's not for everyone, but I'm insulin resistant. I can't lose weight just calorie counting; it never works, even with regular exercise.

I've read the book and think there are lots of benefits to fasting. I suffer from an autoimmune disease and it helps reduce my inflammation. It can also reduce chances of getting Alzheimer's; this is a big thing for me as my grandma had it.

ETA - the book has lots of recipes, but I've not followed them so far. The recipes are meant to be pretty tasty.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Of course!

Black coffee for breakfast.

Lunch is usually am omelette and vegetables, tuna salad, or bacon, mushrooms and a chaffle.

Dinner is a salad with chicken, stir fry or cauliflower fried rice or meat and vegetables.

It's not for everyone, but I'm insulin resistant. I can't lose weight just calorie counting; it never works, even with regular exercise.

I've read the book and think there are lots of benefits to fasting. I suffer from an autoimmune disease and it helps reduce my inflammation. It can also reduce chances of getting Alzheimer's; this is a big thing for me as my grandma had it.

ETA - the book has lots of recipes, but I've not followed them so far. The recipes are meant to be pretty tasty.
Thank you! And I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope it works well for you I've heard great things :))

• Heart
Has anyone got any salad inspiration?

I normally have one for lunch and have been having tuna and poached eggs or bbq chicken but bored of those, need new ideas. When I say salad I mean some protein to go with a bag of salad leafs 😅

I normally have one for lunch and have been having tuna and poached eggs or bbq chicken but bored of those, need new ideas. When I say salad I mean some protein to go with a bag of salad leafs 😅
Chicken and roasted veg kebabs
Lamb/turkey mince kofta kebabs
Crustless quiche
Garlic and chilli prawns
Tomatoes with avocado and tuna, lots of black pepper
My favourite salad is a fajita bowl type one - small amount of brown rice, chicken, avocado, peppers and tomatoes/salsa

I like mince pork/beef in my salad; similar to tacos!

I take a tin of chickpeas and roast them with spices until they're crunchy. Or a mush them mix with some mayo and add chopped gherkins for a vegan friendly chickpea tuna type situ

Reactions: 3

Tofu salad with a tahini or hummus dressing!

• Heart

I like adding the little pots of low fat hummus and cottage cheese to my salads as well

Hello everyone! Day 1 calorie counting (again) for me. I have been like a yo-yo over the last year. I do well then fall off the band wagon at the slightest excuse ie a party, shift work, time of the month! My stats are 5ft6, and this morning I weighed 168.2lbs. Target weight is around 140lbs. My downfall is I crave sweets and treats and half the time would skip meals so I could save the calories for chocolate. Obviously so unhealthy. Hoping that posting here will give me motivation. My previous starting weight was 183lbs and I have the Libra app so it's nice to see that I've not ballooned too much but seeing the graph increase has been an eye-opener and I hope to change my ways.

Also to add, exercise wise I plan to do 10,000steps per day minimum and potentially run a few miles a week. Don't have access to a gym at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Another cottage cheese fan, here. Longley Farm brand is thick and creamy. Halloumi or crumbled falafel are nice. Beans in a vinaigrette. Quorn sausages cut up. Cauldron marinated tofu can go straight on cold. (Can you tell I'm veggie..? 😆)

Back in the swing of things at work today. It's now apparently a good point for random people (all nice) to come up and say they've noticed - most said they had thought it before the end of term, but now it's really obvious.

I'm wearing a (very stretchy) pair of size 16 trousers today.

And I've had egg and chips for tea (but then again, I had about 400 kcal through the day total, as the food on offer consisted of bread products, so I filled my handbag with a banana, mandarin, apple and peach and had those with a snack bar well away from the dining area).

• Heart
Reactions: 4
ngl i thought i’d have put on quite a bit after being at the festival (many pan au chocolates, crepes, flapjacks, pot noodles and bacon butties later)
however i’ve just weighed in and i’m exactly the same! happy days, may the journey continue 😁
what are you all eating today?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Very lacklustre workout this morning... but done is better than perfect.

I'm having a shake and grapes for brekkie.

I’m overnight oats this morning, beans on toast for lunch and mindful chef’s turkey stroganoff pasta for dinner 😋 still been nursing my knee so I’ve signed up for the gym so I can cycle/elliptical instead. I’m back in the office on Monday for the first time since March 2020 so will be establishing my new normal in terms of exercise/dinners.. glad to have your support 🤗

Reactions: 5
Sorry this is a bit off topic but is there a thread for Shannon Futcher on here? She was a big keto fan on the gram and claims to still bit but wow her weight gain in the last few months is actually insane!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.