Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, today I've had a protein shake, a packet of ITSU seaweed thins given to me by my very lovely trainee and a handful of Blue Dragon wasabi rice cakes that came with the shopping delivery, because all the food at lunchtime was randomly dumped on platters, so there was no way of establishing what was dairy and gluten free.

I am quite hungry now (massive understatement there) so Mr D has been dispatched to the shop to get some reasonably priced tinned tomatoes as the ones online were stoopid money so he can make a spicy tomato and tomato sauce to have with some seabass and potatoes. And I splashed out on some prawn Dim Sum that were GF, which will last approximately 30 seconds from leaving the microwave. I'm trying very hard not to go straight for the large tub of GF goodness that is now sitting on the kitchen windowsill, as it's got millions of wanky snack bars, pretzels, Pom Bears and posh pot noodles. And a packet of Lemon and Poppyseed Muffins.

Reactions: 1
Been lurking here for a week.. so proud of all of you! and the motivation wow
Good for you everyone.

I have 10kg to lose. I have no idea where to start... zero motivation.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Overnight oats, chicken salad for lunch, protein shake after workout and I have just had the nicest "chicken" wrap with Oumph chicken kebab pieces (but vegan, like quorn I guess. I'm not vegan but got it in Morrisons on a whim and it was YUM. Will definitely buy again).

Reactions: 2
Really loving my yoga, and food has been really good today. 16 weeks until Christmas and still aiming to be a stone lighter by then.

Reactions: 3
Been lurking here for a week.. so proud of all of you! and the motivation wow
Good for you everyone.

I have 10kg to lose. I have no idea where to start... zero motivation.
Welcome, Lolita!! 🥰🥰
First step is acknowledging we need to take steps to get healthier.
I started by cutting out foods that made me feel bloated/rubbish. To me it was bread, pasta, anything with white flour and sugar. The first few days were really difficult, but then I started feeling really great. No headaches, stomach aches and the cravings stopped. Or you can do small healthier changes instead. Whatever you think will be sustainable for you. 😊
Also, don't skip meals!
You can do it, Lolita! 🤗🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Welcome, Lolita!! 🥰🥰
First step is acknowledging we need to take steps to get healthier.
I started by cutting out foods that made me feel bloated/rubbish. To me it was bread, pasta, anything with white flour and sugar. The first few days were really difficult, but then I started feeling really great. No headaches, stomach aches and the cravings stopped. Or you can do small healthier changes instead. Whatever you think will be sustainable for you. 😊
Also, don't skip meals!
You can do it, Lolita! 🤗🤗
I agree, people start off cutting way too many calories, best to look at your diet and try to overhaul that gradually. It;s not easy but if you aren't really a cook start trying to build up a portfilio of easy, quick healthy meals over the next few weeks and keep an eye of the satiety index.

• Heart
1.5lb gain this week which isn’t surprising as I know what I ate last weekend.

Unfortunately my toddler decided to start the day at 3am today 😴 and I need to do some food shopping so must resist all the sugar I think will help me through the day.

Reactions: 3
i’ve been super ill these past few days, common cold
i’ve upped my cals from 1550 to 1750 so i’m still in a deficit- i need my body working again!!😂

• Heart
Hello all, had a horrendously crappy week thanks to a an old back injury flaring up. Mr B was working away and there's no-one else around to help at the moment. Fasting did go out the window a bit as I was eating my feelings a bit (evenings were spend collapsed on the sofa once the kids were in bed and chewing pain). However I'm feeling so much better since cutting out bread although did treat myself to toast and peanut butter when I got home from the physio last night.

I have learnt this week that I simply cannot keep crisps in the house AT ALL as I have no self control 😔

About to go weigh myself but really just hoping for a maintain at the absolute best.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So I did into the thread now and again and have been a total failure at weight loss however, I am doing the no diet thing but am trying to listen to my body and only eat when hungry along with starting therapy in a few weeks and going to go to a nutritionist. I’ve lost 2lbs in 4 days so far.

Dieting does nothing for me MH but neither does being fat.

Reactions: 10
Hello all, had a horrendously crappy week thanks to a an old back injury flaring up. Mr B was working away and there's no-one else around to help at the moment. Fasting did go out the window a bit as I was eating my feelings a bit (evenings were spend collapsed on the sofa once the kids were in bed and chewing pain). However I'm feeling so much better since cutting out bread although did treat myself to toast and peanut butter when I got home from the physio last night.

I have learnt this week that I simply cannot keep crisps in the house AT ALL as I have no self control 😔

About to go weigh myself but really just hoping for a maintain at the absolute best.
Oh well, 1lb off this week so that was a turn up for the books! Will take that. Although I'm out for dinner tonight and tomorrow so need to take care not to celebrate *too* much.

That's 4lb in two weeks with quite a few blips in the road.

• Heart
So I did into the thread now and again and have been a total failure at weight loss however, I am doing the no diet thing but am trying to listen to my body and only eat when hungry along with starting therapy in a few weeks and going to go to a nutritionist. I’ve lost 2lbs in 4 days so far.

Dieting does nothing for me MH but neither does being fat.
Just got to find your own way. I can't calorie count at all so I focus on eating no more than 3 times a day and making healthy choices most of the time although today I had to do a 5k run as a penance for the crisps I ate last night. Finding things to keep you busy really helps and I'm drinking more water too.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Booked a holiday for early October and I willllll lose my final 3lbs... hopefully.

up 2lbs this week however, i’ve weighed much later than i usually do and i’ve been super ill so i think my body is holding onto much more water than usual because of stress
(fingers crossed anyway)

Reactions: 4
I have a vaguely posh meeting tomorrow (yes, at the weekend) and the dress I literally had nightmares over following getting trapped in it now fits - well, not quite perfectly, to be honest.

It's loose.

And my two pairs of expensive wide leg trousers I've relied upon for work for two years are now absolutely unwearable. I had to dig out the emergency trousers with an elasticated back for work today purely because they will stay up even when there's an awful lot of excess fabric round my arse.

Today's food has been a GF beetroot wrap with salad, packet of Pom Bears and a snack bar. Mr D is currently assembling a GF pizza base with assorted goodies (cured meat for his benefit, peppers, onion and olives for mine) - I'm not a particularly huge fan of pizza, but he is and, quite frankly, there was duck all else in the shop that was GF and quick and easy (he froze everything that was delivered on Thursday in a fit of helpfulness and forgot to make sure something was defrosted for tonight in the process).

I think tomorrow will include some homemade beetroot soup after the meeting and hopefully something a bit more substantial for tea.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A bit of Tabasco on your pizza will liven it up
We have a jar of Jalapenos, so he actually made a very, very nice meal in the end. I don't trust him with hot sauces - he has a habit of confusing the bottle of tomato ketchup with the bottle of hot pepper sauce when they're both in front of him...

• Haha
Thought I’d join as I’m also on a weight loss journey 👋!

I’ve managed to get down to 61.6kg from 65kg since June 1st. I gained a lot of weight during lockdown and I’d like to get back down to 58/59kg.

Reactions: 6
Thought I’d join as I’m also on a weight loss journey 👋!

I’ve managed to get down to 61.6kg from 65kg since June 1st. I gained a lot of weight during lockdown and I’d like to get back down to 58/59kg.
i’m similar to you! i used to be about 58ish and got up to 63 during lockdown. i’m now at around 61.5/62 and hoping to be back in the 50’s by november (aka, my birthday)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.