Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1.8 pounds down this week bringing me to a total of 56 pounds lost since Jan 7th. Feeling quite happy with myself although himself and my mam have warned me not to go too far. (I'm in no danger of that as still classed as overweight by bmi). Planning to keep going the way I am and adding a strength +conditioning class this week which I'm nervous about because I don't want to seem like the fat kid in the corner 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve maintained this week which given I’m only 2 weeks in is a little disappointing but I have upped my exercise quite a bit so I suspect that is making me retain some water. Not going to let myself feel discouraged, I’m still 2.5 pounds down from my start weight so it’s not all bad.

Plan for this week is to drink a TON of water, be mindful of not overeating when I go out for a meal on Wednesday, keep doing some exercise everyday whether that is a walk or run or dance workout. Will be trying to stick to my calorie goal 6/7 days so hopefully see a difference next Monday!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
01.Sept: 78kgs

Week 2 of convincing myself that I need to do something about my health :/
So this week I decided on salad every lunch and just a fruit and some protein for dinner. And walk from and to work.
But yesterday I went out with a friend to the city and had a huuuge cone of gelato 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4

So this week I decided on salad every lunch and just a fruit and some protein for dinner. And walk from and to work.
But yesterday I went out with a friend to the city and had a huuuge cone of gelato 😭
one small blip won’t make any difference
it needs to be a lifestyle change! ask yourself, can i see myself eating like this a year from now?
include things you love in moderation and find yummy healthy meals you enjoy
find healthier swaps that don’t feel like you’re getting rid of things completely but allow yourself the real deal every once in a while

so much easier said than done tho lol

it needs to be a lifestyle change! ask yourself, can i see myself eating like this a year from now?
find healthier swaps that don’t feel like you’re getting rid of things completely but allow yourself the real deal every once in a while

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Fast day in Biscuit Towers but eldest is home I'll from nursery 😖 That tends to make me stressed and I snack when I'm stressed. But then I remind myself it's meant to be chuffing home tomorrow yet I'll still be in jeans because I can't stand wearing shorts. Next summer though.....

In other news I've been invited to a wedding last minute and am hoping I can squeeze into one of the only dresses I own. So that's a good incentive not to snack either.

I also didn't buy any biscuits/crisps in the shop this week which has left Mr B destraught 🤣

Reactions: 5
Looks like it’s going to be a hot one today! Did my first pre-work gym session this morning, 40mins on the elliptical. I find the gym sooooo boring, going to have to start watching Netflix when I’m on the cardio machines 😂

• Heart

Thank you 🙏🙏 I'm will try to I promise!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Looks like it’s going to be a hot one today! Did my first pre-work gym session this morning, 40mins on the elliptical. I find the gym sooooo boring, going to have to start watching Netflix when I’m on the cardio machines 😂
Well done! Even when I'm doing videos at home, I put Friends or Will & Grace on in the background so I have something to distract from how monotonous it is. 😵

• Haha
Sorry this is a bit off topic but is there a thread for Shannon Futcher on here? She was a big keto fan on the gram and claims to still bit but wow her weight gain in the last few months is actually insane!
I just come here to say same thing her wedding pictures are shocking she looks really big ( harsh to say but true ) like shes gained a heck of a lot of weight

Reactions: 1
I just come here to say same thing her wedding pictures are shocking she looks really big ( harsh to say but true ) like shes gained a heck of a lot of weight
I did think she had in a scarily short amount of time! I really don’t care but the fact she’s still acting like she’s on a diet and getting freebies etc is false advertising

I did think she had in a scarily short amount of time! I really don’t care but the fact she’s still acting like she’s on a diet and getting freebies etc is false advertising
Yes thats the point isnt it dont lie about doing keto when your clearly not doing keto anymore

I'm getting so fed up and disenchanted with losing weight 🙇🏽‍♀️ I'm bored of calorie counting. But then I saw my reflection in a shop window earlier and was like 🤢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I've not been sleeping enough (partially due to undereating actually) and got a mediocre weight result today (still down though and lost a full percenage of fat). My dad as usual asked to know and has now tried to pitch in with his own ideas (including more walking, no carb days, no food at night). I actually do some of these things anyway (except for no carb days, only reduced). He has a history of acting like he's an expert on everything, he might mean well but it's overbearing. He wanted me to do exercise twice a day every day a few summers ago before I moved out. I actually think he's obsessed with my weight.

The process has gotten even more difficult because of him.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I've not been sleeping enough (partially due to undereating actually) and got a mediocre weight result today (still down though and lost a full percenage of fat). My dad as usual asked to know and has now tried to pitch in with his own ideas (including more walking, no carb days, no food at night). I actually do some of these things anyway (except for no carb days, only reduced). He has a history of acting like he's an expert on everything, he might mean well but it's overbearing. He wanted me to do exercise twice a day every day a few summers ago before I moved out. I actually think he's obsessed with my weight.

I feel your frustration. My mum is the same. Advising me on what to eat when I am a grown woman who knows a lot more about nutrition and health than she does 🙄

I lost 2lbs over the last week which is good considering I was at a wedding on the weekend drinking wine as if my life depended on it 🤢 hoping it continues!

New to the thread so apologies if this isn’t helpful - but could be good to set some boundaries with him if you can. Could you tell him that you won’t be sharing your weight as it’s private and just a way of tracking your personal progress? You could also jot down three things you are doing (I.e low carb, working out 3 times a week, walking every day) and say that’s your plan you’re sticking to. You don’t need input or to change it. It will work if you stick to some simple rules and it just takes time, so don’t need comments like that.

Just popping in to say I went to my first exercise class in six years last night and absolutely loved it! However I had to pop to the shops afterwards which was not fun 🤣 But I was partly there thanks to the support from this thread. I've found this so much more helpful than WW or the thought of SW (no shade to those that do btw. Different things work for different people).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I hope I can join you all here! Finding myself in a bit of a crisis. I've put on 25 lb since lockdown started and I'm the heaviest I've ever been!

I'm struggling with sciatica and makes it hard to do lots of physical stuff. When I'm ok I do lots but like today I can hardly walk. I end up in a cycle of feeling bad coz I can't do enough physically then eat. Such an emotional eater.

Anyway I'm getting back on the wagon and really making an effort this time as I need to change can't go on like this!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.