Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope I can join you all here! Finding myself in a bit of a crisis. I've put on 25 lb since lockdown started and I'm the heaviest I've ever been!

I'm struggling with sciatica and makes it hard to do lots of physical stuff. When I'm ok I do lots but like today I can hardly walk. I end up in a cycle of feeling bad coz I can't do enough physically then eat. Such an emotional eater.

Anyway I'm getting back on the wagon and really making an effort this time as I need to change can't go on like this!
Get yourself a massage gun, you can get them for around £50. They're easier to use on a faster speed

Reactions: 1
Right well, bad start to the day. Between the kids they've been acting up at night so I'm running on 10 hours sleep since Tuesday.

I wouldn't say I need help per se but when I'm tired/emotional I make very bad food choices. And I can't just have one biscuit. It needs to be four. Or like today - over half of a family sharing bag of crisps. But today's lesson is to bin the food once it's opened. The only reason I had crisps/biscuits in the house was because we had visitors 😖 So next time - bin the leftovers.

Mr B has gone to get us a pizza. We're sharing one and it's a big deal as we usually get one each 😔 Expecting to maintain or gain at my weigh in tomorrow but I'm too tired to care, lads. Fresh start tomorrow.

Edited as I sounded like Cleaning with Mario on a mad one 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Right well, bad start to the day. Between the kids they've been acting up at night so I'm running on 10 hours sleep since Tuesday.

I wouldn't say I need help per se but when I'm tired/emotional I make very bad food choices. And I can't just have one biscuit. It needs to be four. Or like today - over half of a family sharing bag of crisps. But today's lesson is to bin the food once it's opened. The only reason I had crisps/biscuits in the house was because we had visitors 😖 So next time - bin the leftovers.

Mr B has gone to get us a pizza. We're sharing one and it's a big deal as we usually get one each 😔 Expecting to maintain or gain at my weigh in tomorrow but I'm too tired to care, lads. Fresh start tomorrow.

Edited as I sounded like Cleaning with Mario on a mad one 🙄
You sound very much like me with your mindset around binge eating. Be proud of yourself for the little changes you're making though, like sharing a pizza instead of a whole one each. And the fact it was half a family size crisp bag not a whole one. Don't be too hard on yourself

Reactions: 3
You sound very much like me with your mindset around binge eating. Be proud of yourself for the little changes you're making though, like sharing a pizza instead of a whole one each. And the fact it was half a family size crisp bag not a whole one. Don't be too hard on yourself
Yes you sound like me too! I've noticed its taken a long time for me to get to this stage of only eating half or sharing a pizza. and it really does make you feel a lot better mentally even if it doesn't show on the scale. its the small wins that will make a big difference in the long run :)

• Heart
Hi everyone, new to this thread :)

My whole life I've struggled with my weight and been trying to do something about it. I exercise but diet is where it all fails for me.
I've eaten clean for the whole of this week and tomorrow will have a cheat meal and get back on it straight away. Weekends are the worst for me because I just want to eat everything in sight but for the first time in my life, I feel determined so I'm actually looking forward to doing this. I'm really hoping this thread will help.

I'm not unhappy with my weight to the point where it makes me miserable but I know how much happier I will be if I am slimmer. I have a huge desire to travel and plan to start my travels within the next 6 months and I'm not even comfortable to have my arms out. And I refuse to miss out on the opportunity of living my life because I didn't do anything about my weight - but for the first time ever, I want to do it just for my health and not just for vanity.

Recently I got a job in an office over the summer and I realised how uncomfortable I am in certain clothes, especially due to COVID when I didn't wear so many of them and then gained more weight, and then in the winter it was just jumpers. All it will take is a year on average to get me where I want to be, and even half way through that year, I'll start to look slimmer. I think I want the goal to be to lose around 30kg and then decide what I want to do from there.

I've just rambled on so thank you if you got this far but I needed to get this out lol.. but I have a question or two:

What is everybody's favourite low cal snack? I was going to make kale crisps today but my local Tesco didn't have kale.

(I know it's different for everybody) but what has worked for your weight loss?

• Heart
I'm getting so fed up and disenchanted with losing weight 🙇🏽‍♀️ I'm bored of calorie counting. But then I saw my reflection in a shop window earlier and was like 🤢
My weight loss has stalled a bit and for a while I felt amazing and could see it in the mirror. Now I’m back to thinking my face looks fat or my arms look fat again :(

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I started back being cautious around my diet 12 days ago and I am 4.4lbs down. Over the moon!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My weight loss has stalled a bit and for a while I felt amazing and could see it in the mirror. Now I’m back to thinking my face looks fat or my arms look fat again :(
I know what you mean. I’ve kept up this week exercise wise but had a good couple of eating days and a bad couple of days as well (cursing Cadbury darkmilk for that because I want to eat it all the time 😂).. I am still 3st down but don’t feel as good as I did mid July when I weighed a few lbs less than I do now.

I haven’t done much weight training so although I find it boring I really need to get back to that. Im hoping using gym machines will help as I got so bored of resistance bands. I’m off work next week and going away so I find it hard to stick to my food plan when I know it’s all going out the window in the next few days 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Thank you - I was trying hard not to detract from serious medical issues surrounding binging. I've been reading up on ADHD and apparently there's a whole subsection of food issues there which tap into my approach to food. Also growing up with parents who ate their feelings didn't help either.

Thank you again for your kind words x

• Heart
Did 25k steps yesterday and my legs are absolutely gone today 😂 I feel so stiff.

• Heart
Not a weigh-in update but just wanted to say I did the strength and conditioning class that I mentioned in my last post. I was so nervous and anxious going (mix of GAD and not liking new situations) and I was so nervous I'd look like the fat kid in the corner surrounded by all these super fit people 😬😂

BUT I feckin did it! I surprised myself because I really enjoyed it and didn't keel over in cardiac arrest half way through 😂 I was able to keep up with the class, chatted to other people in the class and came away feeling feckin amazing and buzzing to book the next class! (now I will admit the DOM's are killing me today and I ache all over but in a good way) 😂

TL/DR... If you want to try exercise in whatever form, running, gym class, walking etc but are afraid you are 'too fat' or 'too unfit', just give it a go! You will surprise yourself by how much you can actually manage 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Week 3 - 4lb loss

Total = 7lb loss so far

I know my body does this at the start of a weight loss "journey" but I'm happy to take that drop after the crappy week I've had 🤣 Got Sunday lunch at my mum's this weekend so that will be a challenge as my mum is a feeder and I try to avoid talking about weight in front of the kids.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend x

• Heart
I really need to work on my motivation. I’ve lost 39lbs and I’m literally 9lbs from my goal weight but I just can’t bring myself to finally get there. I’ve literally maintained for about a month now.
I bought a pair of jeans off depop last week and they just arrived and they listed the size wrong by 1inch on the waist measurement. Like, they do up but they’re hella tight. I feel like that’s the universe telling me to get my act together and lose that last 9lbs 😂

• Heart
Weeks 36-37: -3 lbs
Total: 5 stone 1 lbs (71 lbs) 🤯
BMI: 24.7

Got a bit emotional when I saw these numbers on the scale this morning!

Big thanks to everyone who's joined in on this thread, all the way back to the beginning. It's not easy, no matter what method you're using. My method has been calorie counting and walking for most of the year, with HIIT added in only recently to help tone up. I lost 2 lbs/week on average, sometimes 3 lbs, and as the weight dropped, sometimes 1 lb. If you're struggling, all I can say is keep coming back here. This place has been my main source of support and made all the difference! 🥰

I'm going to stick to my routine until October 1st, at which point I'll switch over to maintenance mode for the rest of the year. Nine months is a long time to be on a diet and I can feel my body telling me it's time for a break! My goal will be to end the year around the same weight and then tackle the last 13 or so lbs. 💪

• Heart
Reactions: 18
1.6lbs down, 2.4lbs to go till goal!

hoping I get there for my holiday in 3 weeks time

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Week 36: -0.5lb. A lot of drinking last weekend has resulted in a small loss, but it’s still a loss and it’s 20% of my original weight gone so i’m happy with that! I’ve got 2 weeks holiday now so no doubt i’ll be battling to get back to here after that!

• Heart

Big thanks to everyone who's joined in on this thread, all the way back to the beginning. It's not easy, no matter what method you're using. My method has been calorie counting and walking for most of the year, with HIIT added in only recently to help tone up. I lost 2 lbs/week on average, sometimes 3 lbs, and as the weight dropped, sometimes 1 lb. If you're struggling, all I can say is keep coming back here. This place has been my main source of support and made all the difference! 🥰

I'm going to stick to my routine until October 1st, at which point I'll switch over to maintenance mode for the rest of the year. Nine months is a long time to be on a diet and I can feel my body telling me it's time for a break! My goal will be to end the year around the same weight and then tackle the last 13 or so lbs. 💪
Well done! That's a great loss and you should be so proud of yourself!

Well done! That's a great loss and you should be so proud of yourself!

• Heart
Reactions: 2

How many cals a day have you been eating ? I was watching a youtube last night which said I should be eating 1800 cals a day but am worried if I up it from 1300 I won't lose any weight.

Well done you! I have a question if that’s ok - what did you do on the weekends? I’m okay in the week, but in the weekends I eat everything 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.