Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jellybean79

VIP Member
A question for those of you who do weights. I’ve been mainly walking since Jan to lose weight, but the last 4 weeks i’ve started back at the gym and have been using the weights machines. I’m not entirely sure what I’m doing, it just depends what’s available, but it’s mainly arms/shoulders/crunches type things. I track my weight daily and always have a slight increase the day after the gym, which i’m assuming is water retention in my muscles? My question is, does that water retention always happen so I should always expect an increase the next day, or does your body stop doing it after a while?

Reactions: 1
Thought I’d join as I’m also on a weight loss journey 👋!

I’ve managed to get down to 61.6kg from 65kg since June 1st. I gained a lot of weight during lockdown and I’d like to get back down to 58/59kg.
i’m similar to you! i used to be about 58ish and got up to 63 during lockdown. i’m now at around 61.5/62 and hoping to be back in the 50’s by november (aka, my birthday)

101d

VIP Member
What calories /plan are you following? Have you redone your caloriesas you have lost weight?
I’m using Nutracheck and my diary is set to lose 1/2 lb a week. It is 100% my fault as I’m not strict on weekends, but I’ve been like that throughout my whole journey and have lost 1st 5lb! Might put my diary back up to lose 1lb a week instead and see if that helps!!

It’s still the same because I’ve not lost anything so maintenance is around 2000 so I was eating 1500 to lose. Except nothing happened haha.
Your figures give a TDEE of 2434 with exercising 3-5 times a week.

You're trying to match your BMR; no wonder you feel crappy.

Sven

VIP Member
Just started Week 6 of C25K.. for the first time since starting the programme I got the most horrendous stitch 😮💨 was puffing like a steam train but still managed to make it through and finish the run. My other half ran past me during the 5min cool down walk so I chased him for a few minutes shouting WAIT FOR MEEEE but he didn’t hear over his music (everyone else in a five mile radius did though 🙄🥴) how embarrassing
Hahaha sorry I couldn’t help but laugh. Bless you!!

• Haha

I'm not Putin

VIP Member
I did think she had in a scarily short amount of time! I really don’t care but the fact she’s still acting like she’s on a diet and getting freebies etc is false advertising
Yes thats the point isnt it dont lie about doing keto when your clearly not doing keto anymore

orangelolly

Chatty Member
I'm going to Wagamama's tomorrow for lunch. Any suggestions for what is low calorie? I've never been before

bellinibobble

VIP Member
I had all bran and skimmed milk for breakfast, not sure about the rest of the day because I need to do my shopping.. probably soup and a bagel with light philly for lunch 🤔

Lollypad

VIP Member
So we know fitness tracker calories aren’t necessarily accurate, are fitness equipment calories? I did 5km on the bike earlier and it told me that was around 200 calories… and I’d like that to be true 😂

Falkor

VIP Member
Wow, I could not imagine going even 24 hours without sugar! How are you finding it?
Fine, just trying to keep myself occupied and not think about it! From previous experience of kicking it, once I've done three or four days without it the cravings pretty much stop completely.

Falkor

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend some decent weighing scales? Mine are salter but a few years old and tend to stick on a weight for a few days (to the exact oz so I know it can’t be right??).
I bought some Renpho ones and they're great - you pair them with an app and it gives you a load of different measurements (like fat, muscle, water etc.) and shows them in red, amber or green depending on whether or not they're in the range considered normal for your age, weight and height.

Jc456

VIP Member
Okay.. Tea is going to be Indian spiced chicken, pinch of nom bhajis and fat free dal.. I LOVE DAL!! 😍

Got my meals planned for the week, so going to do a Sainsburys click and collect this evening. Makes it so much easier for me to stay on track.
That sounds good, are the bhajis and Dal pinch of nom?

Notworthy

VIP Member
I know its on the low side I'm just scared to go above it to be honest. and true! Peanut butter has lots of protein, I love it on bread though lol ohhhh the cookies sound amazing! I will actually try making those thank you 💕
Use very ripe bananas, mush them up, add oats and a spoon of honey then dollop on a baking tray and bake for 15 @180 fan. They aren't professional quality but perfect for a healthy snack.
Keeping your calories that low is doomed to failure, you aren't relearning how to eat properly, just starving yourself. It's not sustainable long term. People on here are trying a variety of different things to lose weight, it's not a one size fits all. Personally I do find filling up in the morning works for me, I also focus on the black bin waste I generate, it's not foolproof as a biscuit wrapping is tiny but in general healthy food has less wrapping so by focussing on that I eat better (althugh not necessarily less) It just feels more positive than all the faddy diets and helps my mindset as I'm not thinking so much about calories, again it won't work for everyone but I would say try different things and hopefully you'll find a solution to your eating pattern. When I quit smoking I discovered it was never about the nicotine but the routine. I even had to change my route to work to stop the triggers, you might find your eating habits are similar, find the trigger and then work to avoid those situations.

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
I started at the same weight and am the same height, now 9st 10 (taken me 15 months). How much are you eating, do you exercise etc? Have you done your tdee?
I've worked out my TDEE, I do between 6000-7000 steps a day (but no other exercise) from January 2021 to today I've lost a stone.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
You might be doing this already but you need to increase protein and eat regularly. Change up what you're currently doing if you can, I think a jolt to the system gets metabolism going again. I start with aloe vera juice mixed with warm water (great to keep you regular). About half hour later have a protein shake or a high protein breakfast (turkey rashers/eggs). Don't go over 3 hours without eating. I usually have greek yogurt and berries as mid morning snack. Have salad with protein (tuna/chicken/turkey/egg) for lunch. Another snack mid afternoon, maybe apple and peanut butter or a couple of babybels. Then I have dinner with at least 25g protein and I usually have a carb of some sort with dinner. Just one more small snack around 7.30pm, usually a protein bar with 10g protein, just the supermarket ones, don't eat later than that. This will definitely get the weight moving for you. The protein boosts your metabolism and eating regularly is key. Hope this helps :)
to be honest, although I’ve been losing weight, my diet is very carb heavy and my protein intake definitely could be much better! I’ve bought some protein shake stuff a few days ago, so I’ll make sure I use that, and I definitely need to incorporate more protein into my main meals for sure!
thanks for the help

A bit of Tabasco on your pizza will liven it up
We have a jar of Jalapenos, so he actually made a very, very nice meal in the end. I don't trust him with hot sauces - he has a habit of confusing the bottle of tomato ketchup with the bottle of hot pepper sauce when they're both in front of him...

• Haha