Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I'm just sticking my head in hear briefly, but I think there was a poster who made porridge with cream and honey that kept them full most of the day - could you post your how you make this please?

Officedoor123

VIP Member
I don't think you shuld be eaing less that your BMR. BMR is what your body needs to function properly. Losing 1lb a week is fine, you're fr more likely to stick with it and not regain weight back if you keep your weightloss to a sustainable level and incoporate lifestyle and diet changes.
Hmmm I can see your point around maintenance calories being needed to function properly, but bellinibobble above recommends taking 500 or 1000 calories off the maintenance number to lose weight. Sounds like that's what I need to do? I dont want to maintain, i want to lose, but equally if my body needs 1689 calories just to make it through the day ...

rivermonster

VIP Member
Weeks 36-37: -3 lbs
Total: 5 stone 1 lbs (71 lbs) 🤯
BMI: 24.7

Got a bit emotional when I saw these numbers on the scale this morning!

Big thanks to everyone who's joined in on this thread, all the way back to the beginning. It's not easy, no matter what method you're using. My method has been calorie counting and walking for most of the year, with HIIT added in only recently to help tone up. I lost 2 lbs/week on average, sometimes 3 lbs, and as the weight dropped, sometimes 1 lb. If you're struggling, all I can say is keep coming back here. This place has been my main source of support and made all the difference! 🥰

I'm going to stick to my routine until October 1st, at which point I'll switch over to maintenance mode for the rest of the year. Nine months is a long time to be on a diet and I can feel my body telling me it's time for a break! My goal will be to end the year around the same weight and then tackle the last 13 or so lbs. 💪
How many cals a day have you been eating ? I was watching a youtube last night which said I should be eating 1800 cals a day but am worried if I up it from 1300 I won't lose any weight.

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
@takhana definitely wait until the heat passes. I tend to retain water and swell up. Also, could that just been food and water weight? What about TOTM? It’s very normal to fluctuate by that much sometimes. Just go back to what you were doing and give it a week or two and you may see the scale suddenly change.

anon0503

Anything under 1000 is far too low. And to be honest I think going under 1200 is too low as well. You'll make yourself sick (physically and mentally) :confused:
I agree, I can't say I feel great at the moment. Maybe I should up my calories to about 1600 if I'm exercising, not sure where MFP has plucked 1200 from, maybe I said I was sedentary when I signed up a while back.

bellinibobble

VIP Member
@takhana I wouldn’t worry about 5/6lbs, the hot weather and hormones/TOTM could quite easily account for the majority of that ❤
Sorry for the waffle but I read about a specific calorie calculator on one of these threads. Now I cannot remember what it was called 🤦‍♀️ Something Estimated Something Calculator? I liked it as it suggested I needed 2000 calories a day to lose weight instead of MFP's usual 1200 for everyone.
TDEE calculator?

Jellybean79

VIP Member
Thank you to everyone recommending the Libra app! These are my current stats, I've lost 12lb since February so I don't think I'm doing too bad. Still navigating portion sizes and calories but feeling confident at the moment. I usually hit a brick wall at some point and then stop but I am determined to lose as much weight as I can before my daughters first birthday in October when I know I'll be wanting to be in some pictures with her. Realistically I know I probably won't achieve the goal I have set but I'm going to try my hardest.

I've seen yoga mentioned a few times on this thread and my mum says it's really good for weight loss, can anyone recommend any videos/workouts for beginners on Youtube? :)

No description available.
No description available.
i’ve been using an app called Libra but it’s not as fancy as yours! I want your one! I can’t see it in the app store though. What is it called please? 😊

stun_zeed

i’m similar to you! i used to be about 58ish and got up to 63 during lockdown. i’m now at around 61.5/62 and hoping to be back in the 50’s by november (aka, my birthday)
wow we’re actually extremely similar because I also want to be back in my 50s for my birthday in…November! 23rd by any chance?! 😂

Blondie

VIP Member
Hi everyone! 👋

I've lost a stone since February 2021, had my daughter in October 2020. I feel proud that I have achieved this but I took some progress pictures yesterday and can't see a difference at all 😕

I'm currently on 1,210 calories a day (MFP suggested) but I'm usually 2/300 calories below that once I've done exercise. Is this too little? To be honest I don't have the best relationship with food and I have a fear of eating too many calories and putting weight on/not losing weight but I genuinely don't know what's best to do 😔

I also struggle with meal ideas, mainly with evening meals if anyone can help? I never used to make family meals before having my daughter but the past few weeks I've been trying to make things like Lasagne, mince and dumplings, slow cooked beef, chicken curry. Any ideas welcome! 😊

Also any suggestions on how to eat less carbs and more protein? I try not to pay too much attention to macros because at this stage in my weight loss I don't think they're important but at a glance I'm eating wayyyy too many carbs and not enough protein 😔

Happy to connect on MFP if anyone would like to 😊
I would like to connect on MFP how do we do it? You sound like me with the whole meal things and carbs. Baby weigh to shift.
My downfall is eating too many sweets and snacking during love Island or a film!

Notworthy

VIP Member
Wow, some excellent results!

Does anyone else suffer with wanting instant gratification? I feel like I have a week of good eating and I'm like 'am I skinny yet?' 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

Also what do you all have for evening meals? Going shopping this week and need some inspiration!
You can't go too wrong with chicken and vegetables or fish and vegetables.
ETA some 5 spice on the fish and ponzu sauce (teriyaki and lime) for a bit of liveliness. Also if anyone is making a pizza. Mushroom, peppers, mozzarella and then a sprinkle of tabasco before you cook is delicious

Laur91

VIP Member
Can anybody recommend the best calculator for working out for your calories please?

I aim for a daily walk 30-45 mins and am currently doing 3 weights/hiit sessions a week and one 5k run - when using these calculators I never know what to class myself as I presume moderately active? Thanks! 😊
hey! Use tdeecalculator website as a rough guide and go with moderately active! It might take a few weeks of playing around with the numbers to make them work for you but it’s a good starting point!

Sven

VIP Member
Oh @Sven I'm so sorry to read this. It seems like you are doing everything right. Maybe it's time to give your doctor a call and see if there's an underlying issue? My friend has an underactive thyroid and until that was fixed she struggled to lose any weight.
I had my bloods done in may and they said they came back all fine so I am really confused. It’s not like I’m having massive blowouts for a week or whatever, I might have a takeaway at a weekend but get back to it straight away after and still stay active on that day. It shouldn’t put me off by that much should it? I’m not sure what is happening really. It’s so hard.