Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I said I’d be back on track last week.. but I wasn’t 🙃

But I am here now!

Got out of bed this morning for a C25K.. I find I’m so much more likely to focus on bring good food-wise if i make a dint in my step count and put the effort in with exercise in the morning.

However.. it was probably one of the toughest ones I’ve done after a two week break with zero exercise. I felt tired about half way through, managed to finish but was quite alarmed when I hit the Fitbit peak zone about 5 mins in.. 😬 looking at my stats my HR was shockingly high throughout, I know TOTM can have an impact but I’ll be keeping an eye on that 🤦🏻‍♀️ Christ.

On to Week 9 though.. hopefully should graduate from the programme this week 🤓🤞🏻 Pride will be off the scale if I can do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Well I said I’d be back on track last week.. but I wasn’t 🙃

But I am here now!

Got out of bed this morning for a C25K.. I find I’m so much more likely to focus on bring good food-wise if i make a dint in my step count and put the effort in with exercise in the morning.

However.. it was probably one of the toughest ones I’ve done after a two week break with zero exercise. I felt tired about half way through, managed to finish but was quite alarmed when I hit the Fitbit peak zone about 5 mins in.. 😬 looking at my stats my HR was shockingly high throughout, I know TOTM can have an impact but I’ll be keeping an eye on that 🤦🏻‍♀️ Christ.

On to Week 9 though.. hopefully should graduate from the programme this week 🤓🤞🏻 Pride will be off the scale if I can do it.
:D Thats pretty common with running, regardless of how good you are, it makes you a real runner when you hit the wall occasionally

Reactions: 3
It was my birthday this weekend and had a couple days off, do notttt want to go back to plan 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve lost another 3 pounds this week so that brings me to 16 pounds loss in 5 weeks. Happy with that 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Why did I jinx myself like this.. the worst knee pain has developed throughout the day ☹ Off for a radox bath and pray it’s better in a few days 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I'm back after taking a break from end if June so 6 week break for my holiday. Hoe school as kids were isolating.
My birthday .
Yes I have gained some weight i lost but just dident feel in right head space.

Mood wise I don't feel great right now.
I need to get back on it..
So this weeks mission ease my way back into it try and eat healthy and increase exercise.
Todays mission sort house out and some cooking as well as walk dog long walk later.
Trying sort my huge wardrobe out so many sizes.
Would love to drop a size by September.

Considering trying intermittent fasting.
Maybe 16 8.

Hope everyone's doing OK.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Fasting is something to do a bit of research on and work out what works for you. Some people set aside one day in the week for fasting. I did this a few times and it worked out quite well. I asked my nutritionist about fasting. She said that fasting for one day cleanses your body. For a more beneficial effect you can do it for a few days. She recommends just drinking fruit/vegetable juice during the fast with no solids.

There are different approaches and obviously best to get good advice from a nutritionist/doctor. Best of luck!

• Wow
Fasting is something to do a bit of research on and work out what works for you. Some people set aside one day in the week for fasting. I did this a few times and it worked out quite well. I asked my nutritionist about fasting. She said that fasting for one day cleanses your body. For a more beneficial effect you can do it for a few days. She recommends just drinking fruit/vegetable juice during the fast with no solids.

There are different approaches and obviously best to get good advice from a nutritionist/doctor. Best of luck!
OK, what qulaifications does your 'nutrionist' actually have. Our body has an entire system constantly cleansing itself, it doesn't require fasting to do that so your nutrionist is talking absolute bollocks.

Reactions: 7
Not sure what to try.
Done 5 2 in past but its hard.
I want a diet where I can still eat dame meals as the family which is why 16 8 caught my eye. Only issue is I hate black coffee and always have coffee 1st thing so not sure if my eating window should be 8am to 4pm but evening could be very tough.
Or I go 5 2 have 2 extrem days and 2 healthy days.

I just felt so frustrated in June when weight wasent coming off after trying all year my weight felt stuck.

The holiday was good but felt really crappy in swimming costume and mostly dressed to cover myself up.
Tidying my wardrobe I have so many clothes now as resorted buying a whole new size 16 wardrobe this year 2nd hand but kept hold size 14 and 12 stuff too.
I am trying make effort with clothes and makeup to try and make me feel better but im really unhappy with my weight.
I thought a break do me good however longer off harder is get back into it.
Had 2nd jab sat still feeling rubbish.
Expressed interest in joining a netball team and contemplating joining gym.

I'm definatly comfort eating and drinking lately as feel really down recently.
Trying stay busy and make healthy choices and take dog on long walks but that by itself is not enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not sure what to try.
Done 5 2 in past but its hard.
I want a diet where I can still eat dame meals as the family which is why 16 8 caught my eye. Only issue is I hate black coffee and always have coffee 1st thing so not sure if my eating window should be 8am to 4pm but evening could be very tough.
Or I go 5 2 have 2 extrem days and 2 healthy days.

I just felt so frustrated in June when weight wasent coming off after trying all year my weight felt stuck.

The holiday was good but felt really crappy in swimming costume and mostly dressed to cover myself up.
Tidying my wardrobe I have so many clothes now as resorted buying a whole new size 16 wardrobe this year 2nd hand but kept hold size 14 and 12 stuff too.
I am trying make effort with clothes and makeup to try and make me feel better but im really unhappy with my weight.
I thought a break do me good however longer off harder is get back into it.
Had 2nd jab sat still feeling rubbish.
Expressed interest in joining a netball team and contemplating joining gym.

I'm definatly comfort eating and drinking lately as feel really down recently.
Trying stay busy and make healthy choices and take dog on long walks but that by itself is not enough.
I eat the same meals as my family, every day. You don't have to eat different meals! I have a husband and 3 hungry boys so their portions are different to mine, and maybe they have more pasta and I add more veg to mine, but it is doable. Like today we are having burgers. I'll have one, they'll have 2. They'll have chips, ill have courgettes (don't laugh, I love courgette and they are ridiculously low calorie so I can eat loads!)

Losing weight shouldn't just be about losing it as quickly as possible. It should also be about making sustainable lifestyle changes that will help you to keep it off long term.

• Heart
I'm STARVING today for some reason. Pretty sure my work calls could hear my stomach rumbling over Zoom. 😆

• Haha
I had a day like that yesterday @carriebooboo 😂 the back of the cupboard emergency minestrone soup wasn’t cutting it at lunch.

Bought a knee support and picking it up after work, going to run home from the Amazon locker (getting dropped off there as it’s up a huge hill). Sometimes I get really excited to run so I’m hoping the motivation sees me through 🙌🏻

Reactions: 2
Nearly went for a run. I say nearly because Mr D took so long to get up and ready, it was wayyyyy too hot by the time we got there. So it ended up as a 5K walk instead, with him wearing my Buff as a bandana to protect his scalp as he didn't put on any sunblock. Need to persuade him that early morning is far, far better.

My two ham and tomato on crusty white sandwiches when we got back were very welcome.

I've not been eating great the last few days but still been weighing daily and maintaining
Had my 5 a day today for the first time in ages 😬

Reactions: 4
Ahhhh it does feel good to get back on track food wise, meal planning and getting shopping delivery once a week really reduces my stress levels and makes following the plan a lot easier!

Today I did my first 30 minute run 🏃‍♀️ two more sessions to go until I finish C25K! 🥳 The knee strap worked wonders.

• Heart
Thanks to everyone who replied after my wobble on Monday. Both myself and Mr B ended up going to bed *super early* which helped my frame of mind.

Made my self overnight oats for tomorrow morning as I've been skipping breakfast. In turn this has been making me pig out a bit, such as snacking whilst making the kids' tea. But hey, tiny steps.

This weekend I hope to carve out some time to batch cook a tried and tested dahl that the whole family likes.

• Heart
Thanks to everyone who replied after my wobble on Monday. Both myself and Mr B ended up going to bed *super early* which helped my frame of mind.

Made my self overnight oats for tomorrow morning as I've been skipping breakfast. In turn this has been making me pig out a bit, such as snacking whilst making the kids' tea. But hey, tiny steps.

This weekend I hope to carve out some time to batch cook a tried and tested dahl that the whole family likes.
A good sleep always helps 😴 you’ve got this!

I’m getting back into the treadmill, it’s always hard at first (after a break) but I can feel it getting easier every time. I don’t think I’ll ever be a marathon runner, a 5k is enough for me!

• Heart
Hello! Long time no post.

I'm in a much better place than I was in the first few months of 2021 and now I feel like I'm at a stage where I can make some moves towards being healthier without scrambling my brain again.

I am armed with my fitbit and my nutracheck app and I'm not bothered how fast the weight loss is so I'm aiming to eat 'under maintenance' (whether that is 500 calories under or 50 calories under) rather than set a strict calorie goal as that means I can eat more on days where I'm hungrier.

I'm also going to set a 'health stretch goal' once a week and this week it is 'at least one home-made meal per day'.

...and that's pretty much it. I have approx 7st 3lbs to lose and I will weigh in again a week tomorrow so it's on a Friday.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.