Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello! Long time no post.

I'm in a much better place than I was in the first few months of 2021 and now I feel like I'm at a stage where I can make some moves towards being healthier without scrambling my brain again.

I am armed with my fitbit and my nutracheck app and I'm not bothered how fast the weight loss is so I'm aiming to eat 'under maintenance' (whether that is 500 calories under or 50 calories under) rather than set a strict calorie goal as that means I can eat more on days where I'm hungrier.

I'm also going to set a 'health stretch goal' once a week and this week it is 'at least one home-made meal per day'.

...and that's pretty much it. I have approx 7st 3lbs to lose and I will weigh in again a week tomorrow so it's on a Friday.
Sounds a great plan! Good luck!

Nice NSV, I hit a 500 day streak on MFP today!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Since lockdown in March 2020 I’ve lost two and a half stone which is great and I’m so happy about! But I’m only 10lbs away from my goal weight and it just isn’t seeming to shift.
Does anyone have any advice on how to move past a weight loss plateau? I just wanna shift this last 10lbs before I back to the office in two months.
I eat pretty healthily and aim for about 1400kcals a day, although probably go over that at the weekend sometimes.
You might be doing this already but you need to increase protein and eat regularly. Change up what you're currently doing if you can, I think a jolt to the system gets metabolism going again. I start with aloe vera juice mixed with warm water (great to keep you regular). About half hour later have a protein shake or a high protein breakfast (turkey rashers/eggs). Don't go over 3 hours without eating. I usually have greek yogurt and berries as mid morning snack. Have salad with protein (tuna/chicken/turkey/egg) for lunch. Another snack mid afternoon, maybe apple and peanut butter or a couple of babybels. Then I have dinner with at least 25g protein and I usually have a carb of some sort with dinner. Just one more small snack around 7.30pm, usually a protein bar with 10g protein, just the supermarket ones, don't eat later than that. This will definitely get the weight moving for you. The protein boosts your metabolism and eating regularly is key. Hope this helps :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
You might be doing this already but you need to increase protein and eat regularly. Change up what you're currently doing if you can, I think a jolt to the system gets metabolism going again. I start with aloe vera juice mixed with warm water (great to keep you regular). About half hour later have a protein shake or a high protein breakfast (turkey rashers/eggs). Don't go over 3 hours without eating. I usually have greek yogurt and berries as mid morning snack. Have salad with protein (tuna/chicken/turkey/egg) for lunch. Another snack mid afternoon, maybe apple and peanut butter or a couple of babybels. Then I have dinner with at least 25g protein and I usually have a carb of some sort with dinner. Just one more small snack around 7.30pm, usually a protein bar with 10g protein, just the supermarket ones, don't eat later than that. This will definitely get the weight moving for you. The protein boosts your metabolism and eating regularly is key. Hope this helps :)
to be honest, although I’ve been losing weight, my diet is very carb heavy and my protein intake definitely could be much better! I’ve bought some protein shake stuff a few days ago, so I’ll make sure I use that, and I definitely need to incorporate more protein into my main meals for sure!
thanks for the help

Reactions: 1
to be honest, although I’ve been losing weight, my diet is very carb heavy and my protein intake definitely could be much better! I’ve bought some protein shake stuff a few days ago, so I’ll make sure I use that, and I definitely need to incorporate more protein into my main meals for sure!
thanks for the help
Its not too difficult to up your protein even without shake, I buy the big tubs of fat free greek yougurt and flavour it with Flavdrops from Myprotein, I usually have berries or fruit of some sort and even a bit of high protein granola from Aldi is lovely. That would give you 20g of protein. Turkey rashers are brilliant, they're 6g protein each. Eggs again are at least 6g protein. Peanut butter with apple or ryvita/corncakes. I love the alpen protein bars they're 10g protein and although laden with bad stuff as well at least if you're making a bad decision it has 10g protein! Eating more protein changes your shape too, even if the scales don't move much, make sure to measure yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
currently on my holidays and living my best foodie life lol
once i’m home i’ve got about 3kg to lose so fingers crossed i can’t stay on it

Reactions: 10
Lost 1lb this week so in a new stone zone.

Those who are calorie counting how often do you recalculate your calories? I read for every stone you lose so I need to do mine but wondering what everyone else does?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh god I’ve gone totally off the rails. Summer holidays, trips away etc making it harder to make good choices and count. Eating on the go etc. I know I need to rein it in. I was already feeling disheartened but arghhhhh.

• Heart
Oh god I’ve gone totally off the rails. Summer holidays, trips away etc making it harder to make good choices and count. Eating on the go etc. I know I need to rein it in. I was already feeling disheartened but arghhhhh.
i always find summer the hardest, especially now the world is opening up again and everyone wants to go out to eat all the time.

Had this for dinner yesterday, would really recommend! https://www.mindfulchef.com/healthy-recipes/turkey-biriyani (in place of the spice mix I used tikka paste, and 1/4 tsp of garam masala, turmeric, ground coriander and cumin, curry powder and chilli powder)

Im slowly moving down on the scales but still have three pounds until my previous lowest weight (and then 9 more til my supposed target). I’m not exercising every day (or even reaching my step count), just trying to get through my runs. One more to go until I finish C25k, all being well 🤞🏻 Trying not to be as obsessive as I have been previously, with a view to imagining what maintenance will be like 😂

I’m still closing my rings so that’s my only saving grace at the moment is how much I’m actually moving. The food isn’t being monitored at all.

Reactions: 2
Just did a 30 minute strength workout and finished it in tears it was so hard :( beating myself up for eating the way I have especially since it was such a struggle for me to lose anything in the first place.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I just did a youtube leg exercise video because I have done nothing for months and have put on a stone recently. I am so unfit because after like 5 squats my legs are on fire! I really dislike getting hot and bothered with these sorts of exercises. I need to break out of this mindset.

Just did a 30 minute strength workout and finished it in tears it was so hard :( beating myself up for eating the way I have especially since it was such a struggle for me to lose anything in the first place.
Don't beat yourself up! You did brilliantly to finish it ❤

• Heart
I just did a youtube leg exercise video because I have done nothing for months and have put on a stone recently. I am so unfit because after like 5 squats my legs are on fire! I really dislike getting hot and bothered with these sorts of exercises. I need to break out of this mindset.
I hate getting hot too. I started to try and exercise in front of a fan which helped hugely.

Reactions: 3
Good morning all. Week 31: -3.5 🙌. So i’ve lost what I put on in my epic week off plus another 1.75lb. Back on track. Hope everyone is doing ok, whether you’re in the zone or taking time out.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Wow 1.8lb loss for me! Not sure how as it was mine and BFs bdays last week, maybe I kick started my metabolism 😅

3.4lbs to go!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I've been telling myself every day I'll get back on track .... it has not happened 😅 I'm on holiday next week and dreading what the scales are gonna say after 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 7
After not losing weight for over a month, I finally lost a pound! Which isn’t much, but it feels like I’m finally getting back on track.

And that extra pound weight loss means that I’m now the lowest weight I’ve been since I was 21 (I’m 28 now).

I feel like my motivation is finally coming back.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I lost 3lb this week. 🎉🎉🎉

We’re going to Wales for the week today and it’s going to be pretty impossible to track my food intake (other people preparing, etc) so I’m just going to try and be mindful and also rack up the steps on my Apple Watch. Hopefully that minimises potential damage!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.