Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Week 24: -2lbs
Total loss: 60lbs

I did it 🎉 From 15 stone 3.5 to 10 stone 13.5. Going on a week long caravan holiday tomorrow and I intend to enjoy myself 😄 Once I’m back will get my gain off then just need to maintain.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

I did it 🎉 From 15 stone 3.5 to 10 stone 13.5. Going on a week long caravan holiday tomorrow and I intend to enjoy myself 😄 Once I’m back will get my gain off then just need to maintain.
Well done you that is fantastic !! Any advice for someone who seems to be in an ever repeating cycle of new starts?
And…. Enjoy that holiday !! Well done 👏

Reactions: 5

In👏🏻Cred👏🏻I👏🏻Ble👏🏻 Well done Stimpii! Please come back and let us know how you find maintaining.

• Heart
Well done you that is fantastic !! Any advice for someone who seems to be in an ever repeating cycle of new starts?
My advice is to really think about why you failed previously, what were the triggers, did you set your goal too high too quick, starve and then break, was the diet too complicated to maintain etc. Also really educate yourself about food and particularly empty calories such as alcohol and cake. I have a dreadful sweet tooth. People on here talk about having a funsize mini milk or something after their meal but for me I have to avoid all sweet stuff as I'll just go on the rampage so my way of dealing with it is to just have a pudding once a month with no dinner. Personally I think It's all about finding techniques to manage your weaknesses and also coming to terms with either the loss of regular takeaways or a penance for them such as adding more exercise in to compensate.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wow there are some incredible results on here! Well done to everyone, even if you aren't where you want to be yet, making the effort is still something to be proud of. :giggle:

I'm going to start seeing a personal trainer this week as I need someone to push me, I'm so useless at exercise! I'm a bit nervous but also looking forward to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Well done, my queens!!!! 👑

Super inspirational and majorly motivating me to keep going. 💪

This is incredibly motivating - well done. I’ve got two stone that I want to get off by the end of October. Are you doing anything in particular e.g following Slimming World for example, or are you healthy eating and exercising?

I’m back to the gym tomorrow. Aiming for 5x a week and calorie counting 🤞

This is the 3rd time I’ve had a big amount to lose (3rd baby) Once I get my head into the zone I’ve got past the first battle.

I aimed for 10,000 steps a day minimum and did 3/4 Body Project workouts a week on YouTube. Because I’m on maternity leave I had more time to fit in the exercise.

I always put in my calories for my biggest meal first and then went from there. I’m a snacker but just had smaller amounts. I didn’t cut out anything. I had chocolate, crisps, biscuits and bread every day. My main problem before was binges.

This is incredibly motivating - well done. I’ve got two stone that I want to get off by the end of October. Are you doing anything in particular e.g following Slimming World for example, or are you healthy eating and exercising?

I’m back to the gym tomorrow. Aiming for 5x a week and calorie counting 🤞
I did calorie counting. I did do more exercise this time around and upped my water intake. I’m a Diet Coke addict but only let myself have 2 cans a day. I’m really rubbish for fruit (literally eat none 🙈) but I do eat a lot of vegetables.

This is the 3rd time I’ve had a big amount to lose (3rd baby) Once I get my head into the zone I’ve got past the first battle.

I aimed for 10,000 steps a day minimum and did 3/4 Body Project workouts a week on YouTube. Because I’m on maternity leave I had more time to fit in the exercise.

I always put in my calories for my biggest meal first and then went from there. I’m a snacker but just had smaller amounts. I didn’t cut out anything. I had chocolate, crisps, biscuits and bread every day. My main problem before was binges.

I did calorie counting. I did do more exercise this time around and upped my water intake. I’m a Diet Coke addict but only let myself have 2 cans a day. I’m really rubbish for fruit (literally eat none 🙈) but I do eat a lot of vegetables.
Haha I'm the same with fruit I don't really like any fruit 🤭 but love veggies.

can I ask what you did to help with your binges? As I'm struggling with that too!

Reactions: 4
NSV: I went to a playground with my nephew yesterday and sat on a swing without worrying it would buckle under my weight 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Lost 1lb this week so in a new stone zone.

Those who are calorie counting how often do you recalculate your calories? I read for every stone you lose so I need to do mine but wondering what everyone else does?
For me, I just stick to what I'm doing unless I'm unable to lose anything for a while, or I'm finding myself too hungry to stay on my calories. Imo the best calorie calculation is the one that keeps you full and still consistently losing something, rather than following any specific rules for how to change it as you go along.

Hi all, kids start back at nursery/school next week and so begins my countdown to getting into some form of shape 😂 I'm tracking my calories intake via MFP and trying to be more mindful with snacking. If I feel hungry I am having a drink of water instead of opening the food cupboard. I've also started reading Kate Harrison's 5:2 book for inspiration and some meal plan ideas to get me on a good path. I figure if I can sort out food first then add in exercise once I crack the calorie consumption.

But thank you to this thread and those who have offered help, feedback and support. You're all smashing 😘

Well done stimpii that’s amazing 👏

I’m -1 this week, so down to 15st1lb from 16st 4lb in 6 weeks. Still a long way to go 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sigh. Went to the gym today and had to stop because Mr D couldn't manage any more and then had to dawdle back home that's what you get for not bloody eating anything last night or this morning. Not sure if it's a positive thing, but could do 20 minutes on the rower without feeling it. I should probably whack the resistance up and see if that makes any difference.

I have the annual humiliation of the middleage health check bloods tomorrow. Which means initially, no food and worse, no tea from 7pm today and even worse than that, no coffee tomorrow morning. Once the results are back, I think I then have to do the weighing and blood pressure thing.

And then there's the appointment with the Practice Nurse after all of that. She pissed me off last year by initially refusing to give me the figures but claiming dire things were literally about to happen to me in the next few weeks unless I stopped eating chocolate, cakes, biscuits, takeaways and pies every day. Upon insisting I had the numbers, my HBa1c was absolutely normal. My blood pressure was low normal. My heart rate was low normal. My lipids profile was absolutely normal-good. The only thing that was not normal was my weight, which wasn't in any way a surprise to me, Mr D, the cat or anybody who has ever seen me over the last 30 years. Oh, and as it was the first time I'd left the house in four months after having Covid, my activity levels were also tit - because I couldn't breathe. By all means, nag me about my sodding weight, I mean, everybody enjoys being told they eat crap all the time when they don't, :cool: - but don't LIE about the test results to get your point across.

Anyhow, up at stupid o'clock tomorrow for the vampiring and then will chug a shake and head off to the gym whilst it's quieter.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I made the mistake of weighing myself and according to my BMI I'm overweight. I recently had a baby so I know I still have baby fat but my god its made me upset. I can never be consistent with diet or exercise, I'm fine for a day or 2 then cave into bad food. Literally nothing has been motivating me to lose weight but I really really need to. Is it possible to do kcal counting and not become so obsessed over it?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Is it possible to do kcal counting and not become so obsessed over it?
When I started in January I wrote up a list of meals I enjoy that are in the 300-400 calorie range. That means I don't have to think about my calorie allowance unless I want to add something new in. It's REALLY helped with the anxiety/obsessive overthinking that can come with controlling your intake.

When I get frustrated or bored of it, I remind myself it's only temporary and I can add in more calories/variety when I'm at goal. Good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I made the mistake of weighing myself and according to my BMI I'm overweight. I recently had a baby so I know I still have baby fat but my god its made me upset. I can never be consistent with diet or exercise, I'm fine for a day or 2 then cave into bad food. Literally nothing has been motivating me to lose weight but I really really need to. Is it possible to do kcal counting and not become so obsessed over it?
Your clever wonderful body has just made a baby, that's wonderful, and not a reason to give yourself a hard time. I'd suggest being gentle and kind to yourself, maybe cut back on a few obvious things. I'm sounding like a rubbish motivational quote, but where you are is NORMAL. 😘

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.