Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Argh.

Just realised one consequence of the weight loss. Loose skin & fat - which was expected, but there's a sudden increase in it over the last week. Ran in some different gear and it bleeping slapped audibly. Trying to convince myself that if the rest of my belly, back and arse get smaller, there's a chance some of it will be pulled back, but now trying to think of ways to deal with it in the meantime - can't get smaller/more compressive clothes without cutting off the circulation to my legs, already wear practically polo neck knickers and leggings as it is - what else can I do? I can't be having sound effects like a sodding percussion section going on with every stride.

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Argh.

Just realised one consequence of the weight loss. Loose skin & fat - which was expected, but there's a sudden increase in it over the last week. Ran in some different gear and it bleeping slapped audibly. Trying to convince myself that if the rest of my belly, back and arse get smaller, there's a chance some of it will be pulled back, but now trying to think of ways to deal with it in the meantime - can't get smaller/more compressive clothes without cutting off the circulation to my legs, already wear practically polo neck knickers and leggings as it is - what else can I do? I can't be having sound effects like a sodding percussion section going on with every stride.

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.
Ah mate I feel you. My boobs are basically like tennis balls in socks at this point. I thought I wouldn’t bother putting on a sports bra to exercise the other day and nearly knocked myself out. What are you wearing when you run out of interest? I have been wearing some H&M sports leggings and feel like they properly hold me in so it may be worth having a look around different shops and finding something that feels the same?

Reactions: 1
2.4 pounds down this week 🙃
Definitely in a rut with food though-absolutely sick of eating the same foods all of the time 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ah mate I feel you. My boobs are basically like tennis balls in socks at this point. I thought I wouldn’t bother putting on a sports bra to exercise the other day and nearly knocked myself out. What are you wearing when you run out of interest? I have been wearing some H&M sports leggings and feel like they properly hold me in so it may be worth having a look around different shops and finding something that feels the same?

Stuff from Amazon with allegedly 20% elastane at the moment - some of it does such a good job, I have to get Mr D to pull it over my head as I can't get out of it once I'm tired. It's the size of the newly floppy bit relative to the rest of me that's decided to cause problems. Once I've lost some more so that I can get into standard sizes of exercise wear, I'll have greater choice and hopefully fewer issues - but the combination of two large babies, one section, the sodding contraceptive injection that made me put on several stone in about 6 months in the first place, years of steroids and a long time being a fat bastard afterwards means it'll be a while yet.

On the bright side, my top half has definitely improved - I've gone from having boobs that pointed due south to ones that just look low slung, which I think has been due to a combination of fat loss over my back and shoulders together with the weight training on my arms, shoulders, back and pecs, my legs still don't quite look like they're mine, as I've never had them ever looking quite so 'long' rather than stumpy and my upper arms look like I'm less likely to end up with dinner lady underarms as well because there's no sign of any stretch marks as they go down.

Ack, it will sort itself out in time and I'll just be left with the loose skin to squish up into normal size compression stuff. But it's annoying as hell right now.

Definitely in a rut with food though-absolutely sick of eating the same foods all of the time 😂

OK, I can do this bit now I've finished whingeing.

What do you usually have now and what sort of things do you like?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’d definitely recommend looking on the mindful chef website, they do menu boxes but also post all their recipes (??) so I just pick a few and add the ingredients to my weekly shop. Meals are great and very good on cals. I do this when I’m lacking inspiration on what to eat 😊

Reactions: 2
Had a rough week - Finally met some friends after a year!! But that ended up with us drinking in the sunshine for a whole afternoon and the resulting hangover... So I'm writing off this entire week as a bad un 😂 I'd almost made it down to 10lb lost but a couple of binge-y days and alcohol have me bloated and up two lbs. Going to have a nice clean week and hopefully get the bloat gone!

Definitely can empathise with getting sick of the same food - I think it's most of the reason why I end up going over my calories. If I see a fancy new chocolate bar or something my bored food brain HAS GOT TO TRY IT. I've started going to other supermarkets rather than my usual occasionally to pick up different things for dinner and lunch, which has helped a lot!

I made it to the gym again yesterday, and it’s because of you guys. I thought, “I have to go for Tattle!” You’re like my very own personal trainers and cheerleaders. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello everyone, is it OK if I join in here? I'm a long term fatty who dislikes exercise, although I love walking so that's something. Over the past couple of months I've managed to lose the additional lockdown stone, but I'm still really really heavy. So, 1st August, healthy eating & a bit more exercise, here I come! So unfit just now. I have some social occasions in August, a holiday in September, & a wild weekend in October, so even losing another stone would make me feel better. Despite the username, I'm female and not young (or super 😂)

I’ve managed to lose 3 1/2 stone since last year (some is post baby weight and lockdown weight) and gone from a size 12/14 to a size 8 but I’ve got some awful flabby bits which I’m mega paranoid about. Does anybody have any good tips for bingo wings and thighs? It’s excess skin and making me miserable. I was sucked in by Courtney Black until I read her thread on here 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Week 23: -1lbs
Total loss: 58lbs
2lbs to target.

One last week of calorie counting and then I’ve got a week away with the family so fully intend to enjoy myself 🍿🍪🍟🍕🍫🌭🍩🧁🍰

Would love to get to my target by next Sunday but have a few things on this week so not likely but I’ll be straight back on it after my break 😄

• Heart
I made it to the gym again yesterday, and it’s because of you guys. I thought, “I have to go for Tattle!” You’re like my very own personal trainers and cheerleaders. 🥰
All the love is making me super-emosh, you guys!

The initial bloat / water weight is on its way out, and it’s so nice not to feel like a sausage in casing in my jeans.

My friend is getting married in six weeks’ time, so I’m using that as my first goal to keep me focused. About to start a promotion, too, so might even treat myself to a new dress.

Reactions: 5
I get paid this week so spent the morning online shopping! I’d figured the first step would be to not go into a shop as I’m such an impulse buyer. I also landed a decent job now, except there are 13 hour shifts around 4 x a week and it’s pretty sedentary. I get bored, which would ultimately morph itself into boredom eating. So I’ve wrote a plan, I just need to stick to it. I’ve added Oats into my day so hoping this fills me up more. And cruised around Instagram, and once you get past all the pizzas and selfies. There are some good recipes! Ready for the gym tomorrow and to keep my beige food to a minimum this week til shopping comes. And I’m so excited to see this bloat go down.

Reactions: 9
Help.

I feel like my head is spinning. I've never been a great cook but currently I'm juggling trying to feed a toddler and weaning baby quick and nutritious meals. Plus food for my self and my husband. But most days I hardly have the time or head space to do all the essential tasks to keep us going. It's much easier to reach into the freezer for chips or phone a takeaway.

How can I change my mind set? How can I get my head around providing tasty, healthy food for the four of us that doesn't contain processed crap?

We're also vegan so there's also that to consider.

Any help would be appreciated as I feel like I'm drowning most days 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Help.

I feel like my head is spinning. I've never been a great cook but currently I'm juggling trying to feed a toddler and weaning baby quick and nutritious meals. Plus food for my self and my husband. But most days I hardly have the time or head space to do all the essential tasks to keep us going. It's much easier to reach into the freezer for chips or phone a takeaway.

How can I change my mind set? How can I get my head around providing tasty, healthy food for the four of us that doesn't contain processed crap?

Cook ahead of time, would be the best advice I can give. Do you have 1-2 hours on a Sunday? You could make two big batches of something (veggie chilli/curry/casserole/moussaka) and that means you’ve got 3-4 meals ready to go in the fridge or freezer. Similarly with lunch. I like to make a big batch of roasted veg with cous cous or bulgur wheat in the fridge for good lunches that you can then add bits and bobs to. Don’t panic! You got this.

Help.

I would get yourself an electric pressure cooker, you can get them quite cheaply now. When you have a little spare time have a look online for free vegan recipes (usually for Instant Pot brand but they relate to any model). I have had a couple for years and make lots of what they call one pot dump and go recipes where you just put all the ingredients in the pot, shut the lid and leave it until the food is cooked. They are not like the old hissing models. If you want any more info I will be happy to tell you - we have been vegan for years and could not live without my cooker.
Like Greencatfysh says cook in advance and keep in the fridge, most made up foods keep for at least 4 days when stored correctly in the fridge or put them in the freezer.

Help.

As soon as my Son was on solids he ate the same as me. I've never cooked different meals. If I had currey, he did too, when he was really young I just liquidised it all.

Help.

Are you doing baby-led weaning? If so, pasta with Free From pesto and nooch goes down a treat in our house in terms of quick meals. I agree, though, that batch cooking - chillis, curries, soups - is the way forward.

Cook ahead of time, would be the best advice I can give. Do you have 1-2 hours on a Sunday? You could make two big batches of something (veggie chilli/curry/casserole/moussaka) and that means you’ve got 3-4 meals ready to go in the fridge or freezer. Similarly with lunch. I like to make a big batch of roasted veg with cous cous or bulgur wheat in the fridge for good lunches that you can then add bits and bobs to. Don’t panic! You got this.
I must admit that I used to batch cook years ago, back when it was just the two of us. It was manageable but I used to always find excuses not to do it 🤦‍♀️ I do have the fear that I accidentally make the children ill if I batch cook and don't freeze/defrost things properly. It's not as bad this time round but I was awful with my eldest.

I do love a big plate of roasted veg. I have a Morrisons click & Collect booked for tomorrow so might nip on and see if they do a Wonky Box at that store. If someone else chooses for me then I'm more likely to cook it, if that makes sense!

Thank you for your advice and kind words x

As soon as my Son was on solids he ate the same as me. I've never cooked different meals. If I had currey, he did too, when he was really young I just liquidised it all.
See, we eat so much processed food that I can't give it to the baby. That's why I need to change my eating habits too so I can feed the children better.

I would get yourself an electric pressure cooker, you can get them quite cheaply now. When you have a little spare time have a look online for free vegan recipes (usually for Instant Pot brand but they relate to any model). I have had a couple for years and make lots of what they call one pot dump and go recipes where you just put all the ingredients in the pot, shut the lid and leave it until the food is cooked. They are not like the old hissing models. If you want any more info I will be happy to tell you - we have been vegan for years and could not live without my cooker.
Like Greencatfysh says cook in advance and keep in the fridge, most made up foods keep for at least 4 days when stored correctly in the fridge or put them in the freezer.
My mum bought me a slow cooker when I finished uni ten years ago (!) and I was a pretty faithful user. However recipes I've recently made have not gone down well with my eldest so I stopped using it. Can you leave a pressure cooker unattended, like you would with a slow cooker?

The eldest is back at nursery soon so that does buy me extra time to throw ingredients together before I head out the door to collect him. I could weep for the days when I just had one kid and claimed I had no time 😂

Last edited:
I must admit that I used to batch cook years ago, back when it was just the two of us. It was manageable but I used to always find excuses not to do it 🤦‍♀️ I do have the fear that I accidentally make the children ill if I batch cook and don't freeze/defrost things properly. It's not as bad this time round but I was awful with my eldest.

I do love a big plate of roasted veg. I have a Morrisons click & Collect booked for tomorrow so might nip on and see if they do a Wonky Box at that store. If someone else chooses for me then I'm more likely to cook it, if that makes sense!

Thank you for your advice and kind words x

See, we eat so much processed food that I can't give it to the baby. That's why I need to change my eating habits too so I can feed the children better.

My mum bought me a slow cooker when I finished uni ten years ago (!) and I was a pretty faithful user. However recipes I've recently made have not gone down well with my eldest so I stopped using it. Can you leave a pressure cooker unattended, like you would with a slow cooker?

The eldest is back at nursery soon so that does buy me extra time to throw ingredients together before I head out the door to collect him. I could weep for the days when I just had one kid and claimed I had no time 😂
Yes with the electric pressure cooker the joy is leaving them once everything is in there. Just as an easy example I put brown rice in along with water, turn it on and know that 22 mins later there will be fluffy rice. Dhal takes 10 mins plus release time of 10 mins. When I am on my laptop will post you a cooking sheet. Pity there is no private messaging on here.

There are so many resources out there, it's never been easier to find quick recipes to make. I would suggest that you try a different recipe atleast once a week on a day that you have a bit of time and gradually you'll build up a core group of recipes that you know are quick and your family will eat. Eventually you should be down to just junk once or twice a week as a treat.

ETA tinned pulses are your best friend.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.