Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fireflies

VIP Member
Feeling bit fed up today.
No change on scales for days.
Husband saying 6lb weigh loss in 30 days is bit poor he would have expected more. He always goes on extreme diets and hardly exercises.
His day time working diet consists of coffee and fags but then evening he has big meal and snacks loads.
Off to walk the dog again.
Taking kids to park later just feel frustrated.
Went a few hundred calories over yesterday's but half term here still and w kids were playing up.
I'm just trying stay postive mindset.
That if I keep being consistent with calories and exercise it will pay off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Hello everyone :)

I hit a wall a fortnight ago with some awful cabin fever; the lockdown really got to me: I was a tearful mess feeling too cooped up to stay in, but too scared to go out. I started going out daily as part of a routine which has really helped and - I've joined a gym. My membership starts next week and I think a change of scene and tweak to my environment will really help.

I'm really looking forward to doing some proper strength training again, I know the weight loss will eventually follow. I just want to stop feeling so stagnant, I guess everyone is feeling that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
I’m feeling really dumb right now 😂 I genuinely think the reason I stopped losing weight for ages was the lack of any steps, I mean some days I am doing like 100 steps in the house. Now I’m aiming for 5k a day, I seem to be losing weight on 1400 cals. Since Tuesday I’m down a whole lb and I still have a few days to go! Nearly back at my lowest 🤞🏻🤞🏻
I didn't realise how important steps were either until recently

Reactions: 9

Robbie09

VIP Member
Another 1.5lb done for me and 2.5lb for my husband so that’s 31lb between us from 28th April after me finally switching from SW to CC

• Heart

Jellybean79

VIP Member
Week 17 (week 16 was a week off where I ate everything in sight in celebration of losing 2st and my friend & walking/diet buddy turning 40) - lost 3lb, however this is from the 5lb I put on in my week off 😂. 2lb to go to be back to 2 stone. Totally worth it 😂

• Heart

fireflies

VIP Member
Feel frustrated today but trying not dwell on it read period can add 3 to 5lb on.
Scales saying gained 2lb since sat morning despite doing 10k steps and keeping to calories.
Going keep going this week and might go on scale ban until Friday. Really want to see 12,9 on scales next.
Going try some you tube videos this week mix it up.
Try and drink more water.

Tried on a few outfits last night and even sizing up my tummy spoils so many outfits as I look like I'm pregnant.
Decided for June im going to to project 333
Capsule wardrobe and only wear 33 peices that make me feel and look fabulous for 30days and maybe by July that tummy may have shrank a little as that would mean another 7lb gone if lost 1lb a week
They say 10lb loss is roughly a dress size.
I don't feel like dropped a size yet.

Trying to focus on my hair and makeup. And not obsess over being and feeling big.

• Heart

Lollypad

VIP Member
Half a kilo down for me this week yayy! I thought I’d ruined it yesterday (had a very good week for food and exercise but ate a lot of sweet things yesterday) but seems like I’ve been ok!

• Heart

MrsFishandChips

I’ve rejoined the gym today for the first time since Jan last year and I can’t believe how much it improved my mood having gone. I keep losing weight and then coming to a stand still, I think it’s the lack of exercise and boredom of lockdown. With going back to the gym and normality returning I should get back into a proper routine and start to see some changes

• Heart

Gembo

VIP Member
Went over calories yesterday so determined be good.
Felt really unwell sat night so went bed early with no tea as awful headache.
Sunday morning ecstatic see 81 .90 kg on scales although this morning 82.30kg.
I think water retention and constipation is issue as ate over tdde but below maintainance calories .
Took toddler to park this morning.
Walked dog long walk this afternoon so done over 111 k steps and burnt 1500 cals.
Mfp has adjusted cals down with each 1lb list so now it's 1330 and I have lost 7lb in total in 45 days.
Would love to be in the 70s by weekend but will see.
Had row with husband yesterday kind my fault I made a roast duck dinner but I started picking at duck before rest was ready then when went to serve wasent much left.
Theres never as much meat in a duck and I was starving husband said I was selfish and no wonder I haven't lost that much with no restraint.
Please ignore him, losing weight is hard. You’re doing really well, don’t give up! Xx

Moonflower

Chatty Member
Does anyone have any overnight oats recipes you'd recommend? I made some this morning, they were nice, but baked oats way better and less calories!

I'd love to give them another go though as they'd be perfect for when I'm back at work!
I have overnight oats everyday, I absolutely love them. I just put 40g oats in a pot with 70ml milk overnight, then in the morning I add greek yogurt and honey and berries, or sometimes tinned peach slices and cinnamon. I have a friend who doesn't use milk and adds yogurt the night before, so really there are so many different ways to make them it's just finding one you like.

• Heart

jarv

VIP Member
I'm already having such a bad day at work and it really makes me want to eat my feelings 😔 I'm trying to stay positive and remind myself that eating junk won't fix the problems I have (although I wish it did 😂).

I had a really good day yesterday with food and exercise so I really don't want to fall down again.

• Heart

Stimpii

VIP Member
1.5lbs off for me this week taking me to a total loss of 45lbs. Weighed a day early as off to visit family this weekend 😄

• Heart

fireflies

VIP Member
I’m really fed up. I had a week of medication which was really high in sodium, I tried to ignore my weight because I thought it would be water retention. I gained 5 lbs in the first two days alone. Came off it Monday, I’m still exactly the same. So 5 lbs up and I bet that will take months to shift now 😔
Its still very short term. Maybe try drinking more water and watching salt intake next few weeks whilst keep active and tracking cals.
I doubt you gained 5lb of fat.
But I know how frustrating it is see a higher number again.

Despite me saying wasent going go weigh well I did.
I don't understand it 3days ago I was 12 13 now back down to lowest weight achieved this year 12 stone 9.
Fingers crossed it stays that way and goes downwards from now on.
Still that time month I think I gain weight few days before it starts.
Wondering if last 4 weeks up and down is anything to do with the covid jab as had 1st dose pfizer 19th May.
Studies have shown that the lining of the womb can trigger an immune response and maybe its altering my hormones only short term which is causing the weight fluctuations.
So will keep doing what I'm doing getting my steps in and eating healthy.
I am snacking a lot less.
Had yummy home made wrap pizza for lunch.
Have walk toddler baby ballet and pop to shops then I need walk dog 🐕 later so going try get my 10k steps in.

Hope everyone else having good day.
Friday nights are my danger zone I like q few drinks on a Friday its been such a horribly stressful week been feeling really down and flat.

• Heart

bellinibobble

VIP Member
So my other half got to his target today 😩 I’m so pleased for him but when I saw his maintenance calories I was so jealous!! I’m more determined than ever to join him in two months 🤞🏻

PepsiCherry

VIP Member
Thank you.
It’s just been so shit and the thought of attempting some kind of exercise makes me want to cry!
I've had an off few days too. Ate over my calories 2 day in a row. My dad took a picture of me at the beach and I think i look ugly in it 🥺

Its all about getting up the next day and trying again and not giving up 💗

• Sad
  • Heart

Sven

VIP Member
Someone at work today said I had such a lovely tiny waist. Made me smile!

I have always been lucky that even at my fattest I still went ‘in’ in the middle. I am trying really hard to tone up and lose weight. I love how strong I feel and can’t wait to add even more to it.
We’ve moved our holiday to October so hopefully by then, I’ll be feeling and looking pretty good!

• Heart

Lyricallie

Chatty Member
just wondering- are there any calories you guys DONT count? eg milk in tea etc?
The only thing I don't weigh but I still count is spinach no matter how much I put in I call it "one dry cup of spinach" and I'm done with it. I feel if I don't lose weight because of some extra spinach something has gone horribly wrong 😂

But yea I measure out my milk for my coffee in a shot glass 😋

• Haha

lesleybanks

Chatty Member
Feeling bit fed up today.
No change on scales for days.
Husband saying 6lb weigh loss in 30 days is bit poor he would have expected more. He always goes on extreme diets and hardly exercises.
His day time working diet consists of coffee and fags but then evening he has big meal and snacks loads.
Off to walk the dog again.
Taking kids to park later just feel frustrated.
Went a few hundred calories over yesterday's but half term here still and w kids were playing up.
I'm just trying stay postive mindset.
That if I keep being consistent with calories and exercise it will pay off.
6lbs in 30 days is AMAZING. i would be over the moon with that, you’re going in the right direction at a great pace!!