Weight Loss and Healthy Living #4 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weigh day tomorrow. I’m in two minds whether to skip this one since after my Easter blowout or just weigh anyway and try to understand how my weight will fluctuate when I do go over! Hmm 🤔

Reactions: 5
10 st 5.4 this morning! Really pleased with that. It feels like it’s starting to move now, I’ve lost 5lbs since the start of March and 10lbs the whole year, it has been so slow but really sped up since I cut out the weekend takeaways. I feel like I’ve relaxed a bit and got into a rhythm with my food and exercise and I’m not stressing about it so much. Just hoping it doesn’t stop again 😬
About 1 stone left to go now!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Usually I have overnight oats for breakfast and that keeps me going. I was too lazy on Wednesday night to prepare them so I grabbed some granola yesterday morning. Big mistake. For the rest of the day no matter how much I ate I couldn't feel sated and ended up eating loads which made me feel bloated.

It made me realise breakfast is so important.

The goal is a flat stomach by summer so back on it today!

Reactions: 7
Well I was 79kg 3 weeks ago and I'm still 79kg today which is lucky tbh because I've really not been on it these last 3 weeks 😂 I've been logging every day though and I think I only had a couple of days over maintenance so it's good to know that I can go "off track" but without going completely off the rails.

I'm doing couch to 10k and that is starting to get harder and longer so hopefully with some bigger deficits and a bit more rigidity with my diet that'll give me some good results now.

Today though I am on my period so my motivation for anything is 0 - hopefully tomorrow I feel more like my normal self!

What exercises do you do/follow with the bands please?
My fiancé cobbled it together so I can’t link it but it’s:
Squats 3 x 10 reps (heavy band)
Deadlift 3 x 10 (heavy band)
Rowing 3 x 10 (medium band)
Chest press 3 x 10 (medium band)
Lat Pull downs 3 x 15 (heavy band - I have a sponge thing so I can trap it in the top of a closed door and pull on it)
One arm chest fly 3 x 15 on both sides (light band, trapped in the side of a closed door)
Overhead press 3 x 10 (medium band)
Front raises 3 x 10 (light band)
Pull aparts 3 x 10 (light band)
Bicep curls 3 x 10 (medium band)
Then I finish off with tricep dips on my kitchen bench because I couldn’t feel a benefit from his tricep exercise 😂

That usually takes me about 30mins. I hope that is helpful! When I was googling the names of the exercises I saw MadFit has some resistance band workouts on YouTube - I bet they are worth a try as well, she’s great.

Reactions: 9
Aww I love reading through this thread and seeing everyone showing each other so much support, we are all doing so well!

I’m still trying to shift my birthday/Easter gain - I actually stayed within calories over Easter but I did eat a high volume of food and it always takes me a few days to get back to where I was when I do that 🙃

so I had lost 2.8 pounds and I’m now only on a 1.5 pound loss. I feel okay though, I’ve done workouts the last 3 mornings and an hour walk everyday, always had a deficit of 500 or more so far this week so I am hoping I’ll start seeing the scales move back down the next few days 🤞🏻

I am having a McDonald’s tonight within my calories and I am buzzing 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ok so I had a bit of an eye opener today. Disclaimer: This is so disgusting really.

Last night I was sleeping on my stomach when I suddenly woke vurping and literally had a bit of vomit in my mouth. I then had to lie still for at least an hour trying not to be sick. I have no idea what happened. I didn’t really overeat THAT much and I didn’t feel stupidly full when I went to bed. But clearly because of the size of my stomach, I seem to have managed to cause some sort of disruption lying on it over night.
I woke this morning realising this is the most disgusting thing that’s ever happened to me due to my weight. So I weighed in this morning and vowed I would change my ways starting today. I’ve tried since January but haven’t gotten anywhere apart from losing and gaining the same 6 lbs.
so weigh in done, starting at 15 st 4

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I'm on day 6 now and yest the hunger really kicked my ass, its like the hunger compounded over the first few days and was almost unbearable yesterday. im not doing a massive deficit as i know what im like for coping with hunger but even at that, its just so hard. my mindset i squite good this time so im feeling very determined but just find this part of it so hard, its what has made me quit in the past. I'm relying on soup and porridge to fill me so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I feel pretty good today. It did help of course that my weight dropped but I did the arm workout of BBG week 13 today. Really wasn’t in the mood but put my Spotify on random and had some good tunes come on, was using weights a lot more which made me feel like a bit of a badass (it does not matter if they’re only 3kg I am weak!😄) and I’ve just been for an hour walk in the sunshine. I feel fit and healthy ☺

Do feel sad about Prince Phillip though 😔

• Heart
I feel pretty good today. It did help of course that my weight dropped but I did the arm workout of BBG week 13 today. Really wasn’t in the mood but put my Spotify on random and had some good tunes come on, was using weights a lot more which made me feel like a bit of a badass (it does not matter if they’re only 3kg I am weak!😄) and I’ve just been for an hour walk in the sunshine. I feel fit and healthy ☺

Do feel sad about Prince Phillip though 😔
fantastic. my weights are 3 kg too and im not able to manage much with them.

fantastic. my weights are 3 kg too and im not able to manage much with them.
They’re the lightest Ive got and I found myself wishing for some lighter ones 😄 I did have to pause in places but hopefully it won’t be long until I’ve built some strength...full push ups are a goal of mine!

• Heart
I'm on day 6 now and yest the hunger really kicked my ass, its like the hunger compounded over the first few days and was almost unbearable yesterday. im not doing a massive deficit as i know what im like for coping with hunger but even at that, its just so hard. my mindset i squite good this time so im feeling very determined but just find this part of it so hard, its what has made me quit in the past. I'm relying on soup and porridge to fill me so far.
I am also someone who cannot cope with being hungry (I’m a massive drama queen about missing breakfast or lunch 😂). I feel like sometimes it’s not physical hunger though just mental so I’ve sort of made a rule that outside of my 3 planned meals and snacks within calories I can have strawberries or some celery.

If I don’t want the strawberries or celery then I realise it’s probably not real hunger, and if I do then I go ahead and eat them. They normally satisfy for under 50 calories so it doesn’t ever do too much damage (Both very low calorie). Maybe try that if there is some very low calorie fruit and veg you can keep around?

Reactions: 2
I always find the first two weeks the hardest. That’s why I can’t seem to get past that at the moment. But once you are on week 3, it becomes so much easier and almost second nature to just eat your calories and not even think about hunger. It’s just getting past these first two weeks is all

I am also someone who cannot cope with being hungry (I’m a massive drama queen about missing breakfast or lunch 😂). I feel like sometimes it’s not physical hunger though just mental so I’ve sort of made a rule that outside of my 3 planned meals and snacks within calories I can have strawberries or some celery.

If I don’t want the strawberries or celery then I realise it’s probably not real hunger, and if I do then I go ahead and eat them. They normally satisfy for under 50 calories so it doesn’t ever do too much damage (Both very low calorie). Maybe try that if there is some very low calorie fruit and veg you can keep around?
yeah if i have to go over my calories i make sure its soemthing like that, but to be honest, i dont find that anything too water based (fruit, salad veg) fills me at all, i actaully would feel a better effect just drinking water sometimes. It might be ingrained in my brain as you say - at least my attitude is much better this time round so im not struggling with that side of it too...

I always find the first two weeks the hardest. That’s why I can’t seem to get past that at the moment. But once you are on week 3, it becomes so much easier and almost second nature to just eat your calories and not even think about hunger. It’s just getting past these first two weeks is all
thats so interesting i havent made it past two weeks in about 20 years but im so hoping that will happen. this is encouraging so thank you and hope you break through the 2 week mark too!!

I’ve bitten the bullet and bought a 6kg kettlebell, 8kg kettlebell, a yoga ball and a new sports bra, I really want to get another couple of kilos off before I go back to work and I need to get back to properly counting and more water again next week!

Just popping in👋 I've run everyday bar 1 day this week and added little bits of exercise around that... really missing the gym & they aren't open in Wales until the 3rd May:cry: lost a bit of exercise mojo today, so going to try and get a run in now to sort myself out for the weekend. Luckily the weather seems to be looking up over the weekend as that helps me massively to workout and to eat salad hahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've focused on trying to eat higher protein foods today and I definitely do feel fuller, if less emotional satisfied haha.

I've also hit my 5 a day for the last 2 days 🙌🏽

Put my brave face on and weighed myself, I've maintained since I last weighed on Saturday. I've lost 5lb in 30 days so I'm trying to think of it that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've focused on trying to eat higher protein foods today and I definitely do feel fuller, if less emotional satisfied haha.

I've also hit my 5 a day for the last 2 days 🙌🏽

Put my brave face on and weighed myself, I've maintained since I last weighed on Saturday. I've lost 5lb in 30 days so I'm trying to think of it that way.
Thats 5 lbs more then I have so well done 👏🏻 that’s really good 😁

• Heart
I’ve let myself go a bit (well, a lot) the last week (easter, totm)... and didn’t do any of my usual excercise even this week, and thought, well, we’ll start again on monday, but then thought, NOPE start fresh tomorrow already and go for a run first thing in the morning!

Reactions: 6
Update here and think will see what scales say tommorow before I celebrate.
My scales only work in kg my mind works on pounds and stones.
This morning it said 82.55kg I been in 83kg for 2 weeks started between 85 and 86kg.
Just want make sure actual weight loss not water as my weight seems fluctuate a lot.
Samsung health app still has me in overweight but 28.5 and 24.9 is the normal range.

Why does everyone hate my fitness pal.
In day 26 mfp which guess means day 26 of being serious about diet.
So if weigh same tommorow lost 6lb and nearly under 13 stone mark..
Splurged last weekend but been good all week.

Visited couple of bigger supermarkets further away and spent ages trying find healthy or low cal alternatives to help with calories.
One thing Splurged on tesco was whole earth dark roasted peanut butter i love for breakfast sometimes with 30g of special k red Berry cereal with semi skimmed milk
Another snack enjoyed is Nutella b ready wafer bars they only 115 cals.
Got cauliflower hash browns and r
Meridian cocoa and hazelnut spread more like natural Nutella.
Trying to go for some cleaner and low er calorie veg options.
Tonight had sainsbury fresh sweet potato fries 186 cals per half a pack.
Got Linda McCartney veg meatballs to try.
Cauldron falafels are only 188 per 2 balls make nice lunch.
Got spray olive oil try lower my cals when cooking and mini pots light philadelphia.
I'm just trying stay in the zone and stick with it having bit wine today but within cals.

Ever notice some days cals go so fast today they mounting up slow but snacks for lunch as wanted nice dinner and wine.
Did 1 long dog walk.
Last few days did more steps.

I get energy slump most afternoons.
Still half term here.
Thinking of trying drink more water and do some you tube work outs next week.
May might join a gym and attempt to do couch to 5k.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.