Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NMK

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

CANT BELIEVE IVE DONE IT IVE HIT THE TWO STONE LOSS 🥰🥰🥺🥺 cried most of the day happy danced the rest!!! 🥰🥰

you’re all doing amazing ladies xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 31

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Did a boohoo order last night as clothes were hanging off me.
Size 12s fit comfortably. I was in a size 18 at the start of this year so I'm feeling pretty proud of myself

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

DanaScully

Chatty Member
Hi :) just wanted to share my results this week as I'm feeling really proud.

I've lost 3lbs and also lost an inch from my waist and thighs. If I can lose another 2.5lbs by next Saturday I'll be down to 12st which was my first goal I set in January.

These threads are very inspirational so keep up the good work! 😊👏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Moonflower

Chatty Member
It is a year ago today that I started calorie counting. It started out as weight loss but has absolutely transformed my life.

It has been slow, I never lost more than a pound a week, it has been boring but it has taught me so much about myself and what I am capable of. I'm so pleased I started when I did.

3 stone gone, from 13 stone to 10, a size 16 to a 8/10 (maybe, dunno, can't try anything on can we 🤣). I still have a bit to lose but I am so much closer to it than I was a year ago and actually the scale is just a number anyway. I feel like a completely different person.

Even though it may feel slow, it really does add up!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

NMK

girls girls girls girls girls 2 stone 7 pounds lost I had to get off and on and off and on and I couldn’t breathe I can’t believe I’m sticking to something + it’s now a complete lifestyle change!!! I have no need to ‘binge’ because I’m still eating everything I love! April, let’s do this 💘

• Heart
Reactions: 28

TJ90

VIP Member
Morning all. Weigh day today and I’m down 3lbs. In Jan 2020 I was 14 stone. Managed to get down to 13 stone in July 2020 and have kept it off. Started calorie counting again last week and I’m down 3lb so pleased with that

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Raquencha

Chatty Member
Hi I’ve been reading through this thread and hoping I can join you all. You all sound so lovely and supportive.

I feel like such a mess. I started lockdown 2stone heavier than I wanted and am now 4 stone heavier. I could cry. I’m dreading warmer weather because I can’t hide behind my winter coat. None of my clothes fit and I’m living in leggings and baggy jumpers. I’m even back in two maternity dresses because at least they hide my weight gain. I’m as heavy as I was at 9months pregnant.

I’ve used mfp on and off for years but you’ve given me the incentive to get back into calorie counting and get my pedometer back out. Thank you all!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Happy weekend everyone! I’ve weighed in this morning and hit my 2.5 stone loss, very happy. Hopefully it won’t be too long until I reach a healthy BMI 🤞🏻 Feeling lucky as I had a cheeky (admittedly small) chippy tea last night, it’s nice to be at a point where I don’t feel that stuff like that will put me off track.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

PepsiCherry

VIP Member
17 stone 5.5 pounds today. 36.5 pounds down in total. 19.5 lbs down since Jan 11th. Fucking delighted with myself.

28, 5 ft 11.2
Calorie intake 1800 to 2200.
Exercise: walk 7 to 12k 6 days a week. Cycling twice a week for 40 mins. Need to add back in strength training.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

PepsiCherry

VIP Member
30 March 2021
Bless this day.
17 stone 7 pounds.
2 and a half stone down.

In eating disorder recovery since Jan 2020. Had anorexia then binge eating disorder.

Fit it into a size 16 tshirt today 🥳 I'm 5 ft 11 so don't look my weight at all and I am 60% legs 😂 They already looked long but omg the difference in them !

Since Feb 1st:
Down 1.5 inches in thighs, 1 inch in calves and 2 inches in hips 🥳

Calorie intake: 1800 to 2200 calories daily.
Exercise: Highly active. 8000 to 16000 steps a day. Working out 3 days a week with weights or just pilates. 😎

20210330_174516.jpg

Ooh found this on my phone ! Goal now is 3 pounds a month for rest of the year, so 15 stone 7 pounds for new years. Anything else is a plus 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

101d

VIP Member
Noooo, I maintained this week. Only 0.4lbs away from a stone loss which is so insanely frustrating. I was going to have today and tomos off but now I’m not sure 😭😩
Replying to myself but I went to the loo (TMI sorry) and the 0.4lb has gone so fuck it I’m celebrating the stone loss!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

PepsiCherry

VIP Member
Had takeaway and shite this week cause its St Patricks day and weighed myself again today and I've lost weight 🤣

17 stone 9 lbs
Highest weight 20 stone
Starting weight Jan 11th 18 stone 11

Total loss: 32 pounds. 3 more to 2 and a half stone loss !!!!!

My key things:

Rarely go over my weight loss calories. Which is 1930. I eat 1700 to 1800 most days, then one day a week Im getting around 2300.
I walk 5 to 15k a day.
I still haven't cut out anything. Today I had a roll, steak veg and baked potato for dinner, chocolate for tonight 😂😍

• Heart
Reactions: 22

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Well done everyone! I am strangely down 4lbs since last Friday, no idea how 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m most excited that I have hit the half way goal, on Fitbit it now says 30lbs down, 29 to go 🎉 it’s very motivating. My next mini goal is reaching the healthy BMI - 8 lbs til I get there. DIY curry night tonight, all on plan and looking forward to it.

• Heart

NMK

Ladies 2 stone 3 pounds gone 🥰🥰🥰 I’ve done zero exercise I can’t fit it in with work but my steps at work are 20,000+ a day so assume that’s helping! Anyway I’m eating a doughnut for breakfast 🤤 Happy Saturday 🥰

• Heart

MrsFishandChips

I lost 1.5lb this week 🥳 we ordered Rick Steins breakfast box for this morning which we really enjoyed and we are going to have a takeaway tonight. It would of been my dads 50th today (we lost him at 31 to suicide) so I think an evening off is in order, along with my egg tomorrow and then I’m back to it from Monday and drawing a line
Enjoy your Easter weekends everyone🥰

• Heart
Long time since I've been here (well, on previous threads).

Still keeping going and even if I can't see it (and Mr D, ever the observant one, is completely oblivious to such matters), it is working. My not fitting work stuff is fitting or too big.

However, I do have a new additional target in mind now.

I've been offered a huge promotion that carries a fucking massive pay rise. And a (financially compensated for) expectation of dress several price points above elasticated waist trousers costing under a tenner on Amazon teamed with a polyester blouse from Primark. M&S isn't going to cut it with this (as they described it) 'high profile position'.

So I'm going to have to get into the size ranges for higher end workwear. I think that means Hobbs and LK Bennett.

I'm thinking that size 16 is my best case scenario in the time before the job starts (20 weeks - these things take time in my sector). Which I think is about 3 stone away (Would probably help if I had some scales, wouldn't it?). Which is theoretically doable if I can keep this up strategically ignoring the last 48 hours of eating shite and two roast dinners and get off my arse more frequently.

Plan:

1. 2lb a week on average. Needs a deficit of 7000 a week. Don't like VLCD/Fast 800/crash diets/fainting. Or EDs coming back after all these years. So CICO.

2. Increase TDEE through exercise/increasing muscle mass. FitBit claims I burn 2500-3000 at present. Could probably manage an hour of exercise every other day including some resistance/weights work once or twice a week. Gym membership is on the list for a start. I have missed it so much!

3. Keep to meal replacement drink for breakfast 5 days a week. I like it, I don't feel sick at the thought of them like I do with solid food in the mornings and I'm not at the point of collapse/fainting by lunchtime (which completely rules out intermittent fasting) if I have them.

4. Eat back exercise calories when I feel I need to. Increasing protein and vegetables helps, plus the occasional 'fuck it' day to keep me sane and reasonable around food and Mr D.

5. Lots of core strength. That huge blob of lard sitting on the front of my body needs as much help as it can get. Yes, there will be loose skin. But as long as the loose skin can be flattened out a bit to keep me in the stupidly expensive clothing I'm going to be buying, nobody else is going to be seeing it, are they?

6. Joint protection, tendon protection, ligament protection. No point going full out and then damaging myself.

7. Have a word with Mr D. He takes on most of the catering here, but largely relies upon carbs. He is also less than confident planning and cooking a bit shit at thinking for himself if it doesn't come in a packet with explicit instructions.

I can do this, right? There are literally thousands of pounds there for the taking - if I can get to the point of being able to fulfil the 'presentation standards expected when representing xxxx with dignitaries, patrons and other dignitaries', that is.

Yeah, there's probably a case for who do they think they are expecting this of me? Except they aren't telling me to lose weight, they'd be fine if I could get clothing of the required quality and standard in larger sizes. And who they are are people who are prepared to more than double my current salary if I do this. So I'm OK with it.

I just have to do it. EEEEKKKKK!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Big NSV for me today - I’ve said many times I seem to perpetually be a size 12. Well I’ve just bought a size 10 top and it actually fits! I’m over the moon, it’s not even slim fitting!

• Heart

greenvelvet

VIP Member
Thinking about adding a thread Wiki with the all star recommendations from this thread (like TDEE & Nutracheck) - would that be a good idea/appropriate? Would need to run it by the mods first! Otherwise would be a good idea to include these all stars in the first post in every new thread in this topic, like the Jackisms in the Jack Monroe thread

Last edited:
  • Heart