Weight Loss and Healthy Living #4 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Week 14 weigh in: -2lb! I’m just 2.5lb away from losing 2 stone which is amazing for me. It took me 6 months to lose 2 stone the last time it happened. I’m going back into the office from monday and won’t be able to disappear during the day for a walk like I do when i’m at home, so it will be interesting to see how my progress goes from now.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I love when other people notice!! Well done 💗
Thank you! I’ve been struggling badly and wanting to give up because the scales are saying no different. In fact one time they were up a lb and I was so upset, I cried.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Weigh in this morning, week 3 I think it is. Up 1lb.
I'm not going to lie I was disappointed but taking my own advice and sticking with it and pushing through.
It's a new week, time to make sure calories are 100% accounted and I stick with workouts.

Happy weekend everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hi I’ve been reading through this thread and hoping I can join you all. You all sound so lovely and supportive.

I feel like such a mess. I started lockdown 2stone heavier than I wanted and am now 4 stone heavier. I could cry. I’m dreading warmer weather because I can’t hide behind my winter coat. None of my clothes fit and I’m living in leggings and baggy jumpers. I’m even back in two maternity dresses because at least they hide my weight gain. I’m as heavy as I was at 9months pregnant.

I’ve used mfp on and off for years but you’ve given me the incentive to get back into calorie counting and get my pedometer back out. Thank you all!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Did an 8.5 mile walk this morning and now freezing my bum off but nearly 18k steps so hopefully will give me a nice deficit for today! Apple Watch says over 800 active calories so that is good.

I have one of the m&s 420 calorie pizzas and a posh salad for dinner so I am excited for that 😋

• Heart
-0.4lb

A tiny loss, but a loss nonetheless! I’ll take it 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Happy weekend everyone! I’ve weighed in this morning and hit my 2.5 stone loss, very happy. Hopefully it won’t be too long until I reach a healthy BMI 🤞🏻 Feeling lucky as I had a cheeky (admittedly small) chippy tea last night, it’s nice to be at a point where I don’t feel that stuff like that will put me off track.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Happy weekend everyone! I’ve weighed in this morning and hit my 2.5 stone loss, very happy. Hopefully it won’t be too long until I reach a healthy BMI 🤞🏻 Feeling lucky as I had a cheeky (admittedly small) chippy tea last night, it’s nice to be at a point where I don’t feel that stuff like that will put me off track.
Congratulations on your 2.5st!! 🎉🎉🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve discovered a lovely 81 cal snack! Rice crispy squares birthday cake thins😍😍 prefer them to fibre one bars atm😋

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
my problem is
i can’t just have some fruit
or something for a snack
i have to be like oh
some fruit AND a biscuit
or some fruit AND low cal snack
it really annoys me that i can’t just pick up a snack and eat it rather than have to make something with it or accompany it
like with rice cakes - i love them plain - genuinely! but for some reason i mentally have to put toppings on it and it’s usually like peanut butter, chocolate chips and coconut which then defeats the object of a low cal snack

do you see my issue or am i just being a big girl🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Thanks, that's looking similar, 1600 - 2300. 1800ish looks like my starting point then.
Much less scary than the 1400 MFP wants me on.
I have been attempting to follow mfp 1380 cals a day and some days I keep to it some days im bit above.
I set it to lose 1 5lb a week.
In addition to this I try burn 1200 to 1500 cals a day by walking and existing I guess
Tdde calculator said 2010 my maintaiance calories.
After previous week before Easter maintain I have finally lost 1lb as weighed myself again morning 2 and 82.50 kg so nearly lost half a stone and below 13 stone mark .

I am day 27 logging on mfp so just over 3 weeks. I hoped to lose a stone in 4weeks but will keep at it.
Spent yesterday buying a few low cal snacks bars in lilds.
I'm still not keen on alpen light they remind me if sw days but they 67 cals.
I hate fibre ones

Meals don't seem be my issue its snacks and drinks so switching lower cal drinks..
Loving this thread so supportive and informative.
Did some meal prep today so have some healthy lunches for next few days.
Feel like I'm in the zone so to speak next target next week is see 80 or 81kg.

Reactions: 7
Fallen off the wagon this evening. Behaved all day! Damn. Oh well.

Reactions: 3
I'm joining this thread! I've been reading through all the previous replies and you all seem very kind and supportive. I'm about to begin training for a half marathon, and I have a couple of pounds I'd like to lose in the process. I spent the past month or so slowly cutting down on sugary foods, and just in the past couple days I've started counting calories on MFP to track more diligently. Excited to be joining you all!

Reactions: 14
Welcome newbies and lurkers! I'll be here for at least a few more months so please don't be intimidated or think it's 'too late' to join in. 😊

I saw a friend IRL for the first time since last year. She was upset about her weight gain (like many of us, she's hit her highest weight ever), thinking she'd missed the boat on losing weight during covid. I talked her down and she's starting CICO (calorie counting) on Monday. We're going to try and meet for a walk once a week to check in and give support. It's never too late to get healthy! 💪

Another 3lbs off for me, 0.5 away from a 2 stone loss. Feel so much better about myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Weigh in 10st 3lbs, 2.6lbs down but I think my weight last week was up due to period so not sure if I really lost anything. Not going to track today but will start again tomorrow and increase exercise. However I'm getting a procedure done tomorrow so not sure how I'll be for exercise but will stay positive
And hope I can at least walk a good bit this week.

Weighed for the first time in a month and lost another 3lbs. 1 stone 4lbs in total!
Made up as I’ve had more takeaways than normal and been a bit more lax since I knew I didn’t have a weigh in coming up 😂😂
Think I’ll weigh weekly again for a while then drop to fortnightly.
Back at Bootcamp on Tuesday 🤩💪🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I met up with some friends for a picnic today. It’s the first time i’ve seen them since early December. They don’t know i’ve been losing weight. The first thing they said when they saw me was that i’d lost weight and looked amazing! Yay!! I don’t see it in myself yet, although things fit better and i’ve bought a few smaller sized items so it’s really encouraging that my almost 2stone loss is noticable!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Ooohhhh this looks like a good thread to read! Just dropping by as I’m on a journey to sort out my tit show of a life and become a slimmer happier version of myself....look forward to reading the thread 😌

Reading a few replies looks like I’m not the only newbie. I’ve struggled with my weight for years and years. I’ve never been truly happy with how I look and I’m really trying to make a go of things this time round. I’ve had a really tough few weeks but with kids going back to school tomorrow I’m hoping to be more focused and will be able to get my tit together. Meal plan, food diary and daily exercise. I’m not calorie counting, aiming for 3 nutrient rich meals a day, possible snacks in between, 2.5 litre water intake, evening treat!

what foods / meals have you all been eating? Are you all calorie counting?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.