Weight Loss and Healthy Living #4 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
13000 steps, 40 min cycle and kettlebells for 10 minutes.. i dont know who I am anymore 😁😁😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Does anyone have any advice how not to get off a stationary bike with an extremely sore bottom? 🤣
Do I need to get a padded seat or will I just get used to it?
Tonight was my first time and it was so painful and uncomfortable about half way through.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone have any advice how not to get off a stationary bike with an extremely sore bottom? 🤣
Tonight was my first time and it was so painful and uncomfortable about half way through.
Cushion !

Reactions: 2
I bought a padded seat from amazon and it’s a life saver

It took me about a week to not feel it but it was agony 😂

Reactions: 3
I have a question... should I be giving up chocolate?
im sticking to my calories. And exercising every day. Does it matter if I have a chocolate a day? I have the 99cal Mars/twix/snickers or a couple of little things like malteser truffles.
as long as I’m sticking to my calories will I still be ok? I just love chocolate and I am unsure if I would ever make it not eating it haha

Reactions: 1
im sticking to my calories. And exercising every day. Does it matter if I have a chocolate a day? I have the 99cal Mars/twix/snickers or a couple of little things like malteser truffles.
as long as I’m sticking to my calories will I still be ok? I just love chocolate and I am unsure if I would ever make it not eating it haha
Absolutely not! I’ve just had a crunchie and a few mini eggs left over from Easter - I save at least 100 cals every day for a sweet treat with my evening brew. Couldn’t manage without it.

Reactions: 7
eat the chocolate if it fits inyour calories. There has to be balance and it has to be sustainable. Cutting out something you love just sounds miserable.

Reactions: 7
Good, ok I’ll carry on as I was! I think I’d genuinely feel terrible if I couldn’t have a tea and a chocolate at the end of the day!

Reactions: 8
13000 steps, 40 min cycle and kettlebells for 10 minutes.. i dont know who I am anymore 😁😁😂
Had more energy so went on a walk 10 to 1030 now up to like 15800 steps 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳😂

eat the chocolate if it fits inyour calories. There has to be balance and it has to be sustainable. Cutting out something you love just sounds miserable.
And if you eat say 1700 calories thats like 7% of your day. So 93% of the day is good 😎 I just aim for healthy food 80% of the time. I've an ice pop like a twister most days 😂

Reactions: 6
Have a look at resistance bands too. I have been doing it a couple of times a week and my arms are completely transformed already. Even when I’ve been a lot lighter weight-wise, my arms haven’t had this definition. I’ve really enjoyed it so far, plus they hardly take up any room equipment wise.
What exercises do you do/follow with the bands please?

What home fitness equipment does everyone own? What do you actually use?

I have:

A treadmill - LOVE IT. I use it daily, although not as much as you'd think. More like for short bursts (20 min, 10 min, 10 min, etc). I try to do 1.5 miles first thing as my baseline.

Barbells - I have this exact barbell set, except it was previously branded as something else and was cheaper! https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9341801 I was using it pre-Christmas, but I decided to focus on losing the weight first, then get into weights again when I'm closer to goal.

Hand weights - I have a set of 4 kg, the only ones I could get in lockdown. Same as above, I plan to use again when I get closer to goal.

Wrist weights - I have this set: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9203004 They do slip and slide a little on my wrists, but they're great for upping your resistance during aerobic workouts (like Leslie Sansone!).

I have:

A treadmill - LOVE IT. I use it daily, although not as much as you'd think. More like for short bursts (20 min, 10 min, 10 min, etc). I try to do 1.5 miles first thing as my baseline.

Barbells - I have this exact barbell set, except it was previously branded as something else and was cheaper! https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9341801 I was using it pre-Christmas, but I decided to focus on losing the weight first, then get into weights again when I'm closer to goal.

Hand weights - I have a set of 4 kg, the only ones I could get in lockdown. Same as above, I plan to use again when I get closer to goal.

Wrist weights - I have this set: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9203004 They do slip and slide a little on my wrists, but they're great for upping your resistance during aerobic workouts (like Leslie Sansone!).
1kg, 3kg and 5kg dumbbells. Use these everyday. My husband bought them just before the first lockdown and I laughed at him and called him a twit and said that no one would ever use them 🤣🤣 I know they sound pretty light but I've seen fantastic results, it's pretty impressive. I have these shoulders, and my arms! I'm very proud. (ladies, lift weights! Please! It will completely change your shape and is so important for muscle mass as we age)

And two resistance bands. Use these occasionally but I'm not that fussed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

I have:

I have a bike (which was delivered yesterday)

A mixture of dumbbell weights, they were originally my husband's but since getting into weight training I use them too.

A kettlbell. I want to get some more in different weights but they went up to crazy prices during lockdown.

A cheaper version of a TRX.

what is the best weight for a starter for a kettlebell? :giggle:

I have resistance bands and a weighted hoolahoop, next looking for some weights.

I am moving to a house with a garden this summer so planning on getting a skipping rope and one of those small fitness trampolines!

I have resistance bands and a weighted hoolahoop, next looking for some weights.

I am moving to a house with a garden this summer so planning on getting a skipping rope and one of those small fitness trampolines!
I started with 8kg. It sometimes feels too light for the first few exercises but after a while I'm glad I didn't start too heavy 🤣

Always feels like an achievement when I can lift heavier!

Id start with either a 6kg or an 8kg. Maybe an 8kg...the 6kg will feel light really quickly.

I've got some resistance bands too but don't really use them. Should I use them more?

Reactions: 2
I have kettlebells at home (not sure what weight, I’d have to check!). I should definitely start doing something with those. I’d like to have more toned arms/shoulders as they’re what I hate looking at in photos (as well as my massive belly!!)
I use my treadmill every day (don’t worry I’m not rich, it’s borrowed haha).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.