Weight Loss and Healthy Living #4 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update here and think will see what scales say tommorow before I celebrate.
My scales only work in kg my mind works on pounds and stones.
This morning it said 82.55kg I been in 83kg for 2 weeks started between 85 and 86kg.
Just want make sure actual weight loss not water as my weight seems fluctuate a lot.
Samsung health app still has me in overweight but 28.5 and 24.9 is the normal range.

Why does everyone hate my fitness pal.
In day 26 mfp which guess means day 26 of being serious about diet.
So if weigh same tommorow lost 6lb and nearly under 13 stone mark..
Splurged last weekend but been good all week.

Visited couple of bigger supermarkets further away and spent ages trying find healthy or low cal alternatives to help with calories.
One thing Splurged on tesco was whole earth dark roasted peanut butter i love for breakfast sometimes with 30g of special k red Berry cereal with semi skimmed milk
Another snack enjoyed is Nutella b ready wafer bars they only 115 cals.
Got cauliflower hash browns and r
Meridian cocoa and hazelnut spread more like natural Nutella.
Trying to go for some cleaner and low er calorie veg options.
Tonight had sainsbury fresh sweet potato fries 186 cals per half a pack.
Got Linda McCartney veg meatballs to try.
Cauldron falafels are only 188 per 2 balls make nice lunch.
Got spray olive oil try lower my cals when cooking and mini pots light philadelphia.
I'm just trying stay in the zone and stick with it having bit wine today but within cals.

Ever notice some days cals go so fast today they mounting up slow but snacks for lunch as wanted nice dinner and wine.
Did 1 long dog walk.
Last few days did more steps.

I get energy slump most afternoons.
Still half term here.
Thinking of trying drink more water and do some you tube work outs next week.
May might join a gym and attempt to do couch to 5k.
I really like MFP! I am on a 380 day streak now. I did try Nutracheck but wasn't keen and am super tight so won't pay for anything I can get for free 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Day off counting today. I’m definitely over but you know what? I’ve still done all my exercise every day this week and I’ve been under for a couple of days so I think I should be ok.

Reactions: 12
I have such a mental struggle with the calorie numbers the TDEE calculators give me. I don’t feel hungry eating this amount (1700). I worry because I don’t feel hungry I won’t see results.

Previously when I have successfully lost weight I have eaten 1200 calories or done slimming world where I would eat anything from 1000 to 1600 calories a day. I ran 4 days a week. I would feel pretty hungry most of the time. It feels wrong that I could eat this much and it could possibly lead to weight loss. I know the point is that it is slow and sustainable though.

Any other serial dieters have the same mental struggle? I know scientifically that I will lose weight eating this but it feels wrong.

I feel like because I’m not hungry I feel like I am failing even when I stick within my calories 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 8
380 days? wow, that's impressive 👏👏👏
try 4 years... but mine gets called an eating disorder 😂😂😂

I have such a mental struggle with the calorie numbers the TDEE calculators give me. I don’t feel hungry eating this amount (1700). I worry because I don’t feel hungry I won’t see results.

Previously when I have successfully lost weight I have eaten 1200 calories or done slimming world where I would eat anything from 1000 to 1600 calories a day. I ran 4 days a week. I would feel pretty hungry most of the time. It feels wrong that could eat this much and it could possibly lead to weight loss. I know the point is that it is slow and sustainable though.

Any other serial dieters have the same mental struggle? I know scientifically that I will lose weight eating this but it feels wrong.

I feel like because I’m not hungry I feel like I am failing even when I stick within my calories 😩
omg yes!! i almost feel like i neeed to feel hungry to see results or to know it’s working

Previously when I have successfully lost weight I have eaten 1200 calories or done slimming world where I would eat anything from 1000 to 1600 calories a day. I ran 4 days a week. I would feel pretty hungry most of the time. It feels wrong that I could eat this much and it could possibly lead to weight loss. I know the point is that it is slow and sustainable though.

Oddly I’m actually the opposite, when I‘ve cut my calories too low and am hungry a lot my weight loss really slows down, so I actually panic a bit if I feel too hungry imagining that my body is going to cling to everything I eat. I feel like I lose weight easier if I eat enough and don’t exercise to the point I feel constantly exhausted and unwell (I’ve done this a few times previously)

Reactions: 3
Just weighed myself after my shower and I'm back down to 71.85kg. I know what I need to do I'm just not bothered this week. Hoping from Sunday I'll get back to it. . Those protein bars arrived and FYI they are not exclusively my breakfast, I should have clarified my early tea break in work. I usually have a bagel with cream cheese or some tomatoes with turkey rashers before work. I also know I need to cut dairy out but I can't not have a cup of tea with milk - I will try limit to once a day.

I have an excellent fitness and nutrition plan - I just feel like I'm her worst client barely doing my check ins. She's stealing a living based off of me :D
🤣 Hope everyones getting on well with their "journey". I'm nearly out of hula hoops so back to a good healthy week!

I'm definitely in the camp of never letting yourself go hungry when you are dieting, abolutely fatal in my opinion and as you mention, you've done the starvation diets and here you are again because long term they aren't effective. If you are in calorie deficit and on top of that you are exercising then you will lose weight over time.

Reactions: 2
Oddly I’m actually the opposite, when I‘ve cut my calories too low and am hungry a lot my weight loss really slows down, so I actually panic a bit if I feel too hungry imagining that my body is going to cling to everything I eat. I feel like I lose weight easier if I eat enough and don’t exercise to the point I feel constantly exhausted and unwell (I’ve done this a few times previously)
this might be really helpful for my mindset actually!! thank you!!

Does anyone have a daily calorie calculator you trust and that has worked? The NHS says with my weight and height I should be aiming between 1600 and 2150 calories, lower end will lose more weight...but that whole range seems quite high to me?
Is it just because I am reasonably tall for a woman (5'7" ish) and currently have a lot to lose?

Does anyone have a daily calorie calculator you trust and that has worked? The NHS says with my weight and height I should be aiming between 1600 and 2150 calories, lower end will lose more weight...but that whole range seems quite high to me?
Is it just because I am reasonably tall for a woman (5'7" ish) and currently have a lot to lose?
I use TDEEcalculator.net and then minus 500 for a 1lb weekly deficit (in theory at least). I am the same height as you and have lost 3stone following that (mostly)

I use TDEEcalculator.net and then minus 500 for a 1lb weekly deficit (in theory at least). I am the same height as you and have lost 3stone following that (mostly)
Thanks, that's looking similar, 1600 - 2300. 1800ish looks like my starting point then.
Much less scary than the 1400 MFP wants me on.

Thanks, that's looking similar, 1600 - 2300. 1800ish looks like my starting point then.
Much less scary than the 1400 MFP wants me on.
Yes sounds good, maybe give it a few weeks on 1800 and reassess from there. I started at 1200 (it was fine but no fun) but actually lost much more on 1600 ish.

Reactions: 1
I think I need to change my mindset and focus on smaller goals. I want to get down to under 70kg this year. It's only 10kg which doesn't seem like a huge amount but I'm losing focus too easily. Will try to just focus now on getting down to 77.9, then 76.9 etc. I don't know it never occurred to me to do that before I've just had a light bulb moment 😂

It
380 days? wow, that's impressive 👏👏👏
Its just a habit now! I've mentioned it before but I really recommend a book called Atomic Habits - it really helped me with lots of things over the course of my weight loss.

I've got it nailed, it has all my recipes in etc, I think it takes me about two minutes a day to log everything so it always makes me laugh when people rule out calorie counting as it "takes too long".

Reactions: 5
What home fitness equipment does everyone own? What do you actually use?

I have:

A treadmill - LOVE IT. I use it daily, although not as much as you'd think. More like for short bursts (20 min, 10 min, 10 min, etc). I try to do 1.5 miles first thing as my baseline.

Barbells - I have this exact barbell set, except it was previously branded as something else and was cheaper! https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9341801 I was using it pre-Christmas, but I decided to focus on losing the weight first, then get into weights again when I'm closer to goal.

Hand weights - I have a set of 4 kg, the only ones I could get in lockdown. Same as above, I plan to use again when I get closer to goal.

Wrist weights - I have this set: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9203004 They do slip and slide a little on my wrists, but they're great for upping your resistance during aerobic workouts (like Leslie Sansone!).
Peloton with 2lb weights
2,3,4,6,7.5 and 10kg dumbbells
6 and 12 kg kettlebell
50kg plates and barbell
Yoga blocks, sliders and resistance bands
8kg slam ball
Cost a lot of money but I love my kit and it’s well worth the investment for me! I want the peloton treadmill next 😂 I’ll next step foot in a gym again unless I’m away from home

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thanks for sharing your home fitness purchases! I likely won't return to the gym for a while so it's good to hear what's working for everyone.

Week 15: -2 lbs
Total: 2 stone 9 lb

I haven't really bothered with beauty stuff the past year - covid/isolation obviously has a lot to do with it, but also because I just didn't feel it would make much difference with how much weight I'd gained. I bought the infamous Aztec clay mask off Amazon last week and have been using a new face oil for the past month and it's making a difference! I look quite glow-y and healthy. At least from the neck up! I'm getting a shorter, summery haircut later this week so maybe that will have the added effect of taking a few extra ounces off. :LOL:

Happy weekend all. ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Still not going to weigh this week. I just need to keep on with the exercise. My husband said he notices a change.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.