Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the best piece of information pictures speak a thousand words I take lots and lots of pictures and honestly it’s incredible when you look and see parts of you shrinking if it wasn’t for the photos I’d think there was no difference! I see my back fat hanging over my bra less and less and the measurements too also I have one piece of clothes (a pair of shorts) I’ve tried on every week since the beginning of January and taken photos the difference is amazing I just hope by summer I’ll be wearing those shorts comfortably! I used to think long term, now I think every meal, everyday, every week is such an achievement also reminding myself one cheat thing isn’t going to ruin all the work and effort I’m putting in, sometimes when you fancy a little something it’s almost better to have it and move on I usually dwell on things and have a hundred things instead of the one thing I fancied 🤍💫
I love this advice! Thank you

• Heart
Reactions: 1
This is horribly low ! Are you extremely short?
5 foot 7! So no 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
Also dont do the cheat meal option. Every few days have an ice cream, packet of crisps etc. Cheat meals leads to EDs. Unless it had worked for you already !
I’ve done a month without them but quite a few of the girls on here have had payday takeaways and stuff so I considered that.

God it’s a minefield.. just hoping I wake up tomorrow in a better frame of mind.

Might sound daft but in an effort to completely overhaul my body I’ve also recently started a new skincare regime and I’m not sure if I’m purging or if the stuff doesn’t agree with me because it’s the worst my face has ever looked, which has totally knocked my confidence as well *goes off in search of skincare thread..* ahhh FML

5 foot 7! So no 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

I’ve done a month without them but quite a few of the girls on here have had payday takeaways and stuff so I considered that.

God it’s a minefield.. just hoping I wake up tomorrow in a better frame of mind.

Might sound daft but in an effort to completely overhaul my body I’ve also recently started a new skincare regime and I’m not sure if I’m purging or if the stuff doesn’t agree with me because it’s the worst my face has ever looked, which has totally knocked my confidence as well *goes off in search of skincare thread..* ahhh FML
My sister is 5'7 and on 1730 !
Right whats your BMR and your TDEE? Also make sure you check a few different sites !

Nah girl, spots are normal lol. I swear by Dermalogica. No man will ever compare !!
I get a few extra spots and get toilet issues 😒
I had 2 EDs, recovering from one

My ED psychiatrist told me the main thing is
- Eat your 3 main meals. Less likely to want cral

My sister is 5'7 and on 1730 !
Right whats your BMR and your TDEE? Also make sure you check a few different sites !

Nah girl, spots are normal lol. I swear by Dermalogica. No man will ever compare !!
I get a few extra spots and get toilet issues 😒
I had 2 EDs, recovering from one

My ED psychiatrist told me the main thing is
- Eat your 3 main meals. Less likely to want cral
I’ve just checked a few and they all have the same figures. Who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks for your help, and I’m so pleased you’re in recovery 👏🏻 Well done! You’re absolutely right about the three meals, I never had breakfast before and making time for it really makes a difference 😋

I’ve lost the plot and binged crap a couple of times over the last week. My period is late so my hormones are all over the place. I proper bawled my head off for 20 mins this evening and have no idea why.
Me too! I decided that I was going to try and do self care properly and I’m all spotty. I don’t think I’m reacting to the products so hoping it’s a purge and my skin will look awesome in a few weeks.

Thank god for lockdown and living alone 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m struggling massively with binge eating lately. I don’t think it’s ever been this bad. I can’t go two days on my calorie deficit without ending up bingeing on the third. I can’t even do a week of weight loss.

I’m so angry with myself. It’s always in the middle of the night. Just now I ate 2x pieces of white bread, 3 biscuits, a twix, packet of crisps, 2 fibre bars and some haribo all within 5 minutes. I hate it because I don’t even enjoy the food. Those of you that suffer with binge tendencies will know it’s not about enjoying it it’s just about filling that emptiness for a few minutes.

i don’t even know what to do anymore. This has been going on back and forth since Christmas and I can’t break the cycle. I haven’t lost a pound since Christmas I seemed to have somehow maintained my weight which is a miracle but i can’t continue like this 😭😭

I get anxious beforehand because I can feel a binge coming on then anxious afterwards because I’m so stressed with the vicious cycle. For a minute I genuinely contemplated laxatives or making myself sick. I’ve never done either of those I was just in a desperate state. I won’t do it but it’s kind of worrying me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking a while but finally time to post as I am starting properly now! I decided to give myself January to gradually get back to normal after Christmas etc and then have 1st February as my kickstart.

Sounds like everyone is doing so well, especially when combined with all the rubbish everyone has going on right now so I hope I can be another supporter in here :)

My story (if anyone is interested...:sleep:) 4 years ago I lost around 3 stone, first doing 5:2 and then starting weight training at the gym and tracking my macros (higher protein/fat) which really helped my fat loss. I maintained that pretty easily, just dipping back into 5:2 if I felt a couple of pounds creeping on. Lockdown has blown that out the water, and braving the scales this week for the first time in ages it was a bit worse than I hoped but not as bad as I really feared so I know I can do it

Yesterday was my first fasting day (500 cals) so I used some of my old tricks I know worked for me first time round - saving all my calories for one meal in the evening with a little sweet treat after. And during the day lots of hot drinks (black tea/coffee, fruit teas or a marigold veg stock powder if I feel I need some salt/savoury)

Hope everyone is well and I’m sending virtual support to you all, it’s a lovely group in here!:giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
stepped on the scales today instead of yesterday and lost 2.5 kg or (according to google) 5.8 pounds since starting 2 weeks ago! didn't expect a big loss last week as I did exercise a lot, I didn't watch my food toooo closely. :giggle:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Finally the scales have gone down this morning. Only by 0.3kg but it was on 81.3 for ages. Has given me a bit of a boost to keep going.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m struggling massively with binge eating lately. I don’t think it’s ever been this bad. I can’t go two days on my calorie deficit without ending up bingeing on the third. I can’t even do a week of weight loss.

I’m so angry with myself. It’s always in the middle of the night. Just now I ate 2x pieces of white bread, 3 biscuits, a twix, packet of crisps, 2 fibre bars and some haribo all within 5 minutes. I hate it because I don’t even enjoy the food. Those of you that suffer with binge tendencies will know it’s not about enjoying it it’s just about filling that emptiness for a few minutes.

i don’t even know what to do anymore. This has been going on back and forth since Christmas and I can’t break the cycle. I haven’t lost a pound since Christmas I seemed to have somehow maintained my weight which is a miracle but i can’t continue like this 😭😭

I get anxious beforehand because I can feel a binge coming on then anxious afterwards because I’m so stressed with the vicious cycle. For a minute I genuinely contemplated laxatives or making myself sick. I’ve never done either of those I was just in a desperate state. I won’t do it but it’s kind of worrying me.
I could have written this. So far this year I have managed 5 days in a row and thats it. For me, I cannot have stuff in the house. Its torture but if I have binge foods (cakes/chocolate/nice bread) I will just eat the whole lot. I have to buy things my husband and kids like that I don't.

I don't have any real advice, but I just keep trying. I have tried to look into therapy but haven't actually got anywhere in terms of seeing anyone for help. I did one sessions with someone, but she had food issues herself and I didn't feel she could help me if she couldn't help herself, along with she expected me to commit to 6 months there and then.

I have also found being busy really helps. I am have lots to do I do not think of food. Sitting around doing nothing gets my mind going on food, no easy right now. Unfortunately for me, I think SW fuel the binging in me. I am nearly 2 stone heavier than when I joined in 2013. Allow treats in a moderated form and within your calories, I found kebabs fit quite well, pizza express pizzas from the supermarket and I had a really nice WW Chocolate desert last night which hit every spot and wasn't too small.

Always here in my DMs if you need to vent or chat.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Me too! I decided that I was going to try and do self care properly and I’m all spotty. I don’t think I’m reacting to the products so hoping it’s a purge and my skin will look awesome in a few weeks.

Thank god for lockdown and living alone 😂
This!!!! 😂😂 fingers crossed we emerge from lockdown as beautiful, healthy butterflies 🤞🏻After writing that mine actually looks significantly better this morning 😬😬

I got back on the scales this morning after yesterday’s blip and it was down from 13st 6 to 13st 4.75 🤷🏻‍♀️ Bizarre but it’s made me feel better today anyway. I’m now slightly hopeful I can reach my first stone off by next weigh in 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Gave in and ordered some Lo Dough to try! I’ve heard really mixed reviews so only went for the 2 pack of bases and the brownie mix

Reactions: 4
Gave in and ordered some Lo Dough to try! I’ve heard really mixed reviews so only went for the 2 pack of bases and the brownie mix
same! Hoping they’re here in the next few days so I can have a pizza on Friday 🙈

Reactions: 3
same! Hoping they’re here in the next few days so I can have a pizza on Friday 🙈
I really liked mine but they’re only the size of a wrap so I’d say use filling toppings, especially if you’re having them for dinner! I used chicken sausages on one which was nice and filling but once I just used ham and it wasn’t quite enough and could have done with something on the side to bulk it out a bit more! I haven’t tried to use them for anything other than pizza yet but someone I follow on IG used them for pancakes which looked insane🤩

The brownies I love!! But only when I warm them up 😂 the texture is different to a normal brownie full of sugar but that’s less noticeable when it’s warmed up so a bit gooey. Very good with some low kcal ice cream 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I personally wouldn’t bother with lodough. Tried it once. Sainsbury’s do a low calorie pizza, less than 500 and it’s like a proper pizza.

Reactions: 2

I don’t want to be an armchair psychologist but I would suggest that you need to start focusing on the triggers for the binging which don’t from what you’ve said seem to be hunger-related unless I’m mistaken?

Are you struggling in general with anxiety and/or insomnia or is the late night thing so you can do it in secret?

Whilst it is a good idea not to have foods in you know you’re tempted by I think you’re saying it doesn’t really matter what it is as it’s not a craving for a particular food, it’s a compulsion to fill a void?

Personally I’d suggest seeing if you’re able to access some counselling to discuss this with a proper professional who can listen without judgement.

My other advice would be to be kind to yourself - getting angry and bullying yourself for doing self-destructive behaviours is just creating a vicious circle of not loving yourself enough to stop.

And if I’ve got that all wrong and it is just hunger driven perhaps you need to look at the foods you’re eating and understand what keeps you fuller for longer.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I personally wouldn’t bother with lodough. Tried it once. Sainsbury’s do a low calorie pizza, less than 500 and it’s like a proper pizza.
Oh I love these pizzas too 🤩🤩 definitely more of a “real pizza” than lodough. I mainly like lodough for lunch time rather than a big meal but I do think they’re tasty!

Reactions: 2
I don’t want to be an armchair psychologist but I would suggest that you need to start focusing on the triggers for the binging which don’t from what you’ve said seem to be hunger-related unless I’m mistaken?

Are you struggling in general with anxiety and/or insomnia or is the late night thing so you can do it in secret?

Whilst it is a good idea not to have foods in you know you’re tempted by I think you’re saying it doesn’t really matter what it is as it’s not a craving for a particular food, it’s a compulsion to fill a void?

Personally I’d suggest seeing if you’re able to access some counselling to discuss this with a proper professional who can listen without judgement.

My other advice would be to be kind to yourself - getting angry and bullying yourself for doing self-destructive behaviours is just creating a vicious circle of not loving yourself enough to stop.

And if I’ve got that all wrong and it is just hunger driven perhaps you need to look at the foods you’re eating and understand what keeps you fuller for longer.
I'd also add to that are you drinking enough, could it be with heating on, etc that you're actually dehydrated rather than hungry. Could you settle the middle of the night cravings with a drink instead? Camomile tea if you like it for instance?

I got nutracheck after hearing you lovely people talk about and it’s game changing! So much better than MyFitnessPal and the daily allowance is much more sensible

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.