Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any low calorie lunch ideas?

250 kcal and lower would be good! I've not strayed from salads for a while but they're quickly getting boring!

Reactions: 1

250 kcal and lower would be good! I've not strayed from salads for a while but they're quickly getting boring!
Do you eat soups? Shop bought ones are generally no good if you have issues with gluten, but homemade soups are the way forward and you can usually save a lot of cals that way too. If you can have shop bought, Sainsburys and Coop do some nice "good for you" type ones that are under 250 cals a tin and quite filling.

Reactions: 4

Omelettes? Could just put veggies in them to keep them low kcal or add the likes of chicken to pack in protein! They really fill me up so I have them most days!

Reactions: 2
It is disheartening, particularly because I’ve got a fair bit to lose and should be fairly easy to lose a reasonable amount to start with even if it slows moving forwards.

I feel like I want the scales to reward me for the effort I’m putting in and they’re not. I’ve done Dry January this year and thought that would help too. I know these things are making me healthier but I want to be slimmer 🤬😂
Can totally relate to this, I feel like I’ve got so much to lose and the slower it comes off the longer the road looks which is frustrating - especially as I am absolutely halving if not more the calories I was eating before dieting. But you never know, you could step on the scales over the next couple of weeks and lose 3/4/5lbs - it does all even out, I think you do have to trust the process (or so I keep telling myself!!!). Also have found lots of fibre and water helps too alongside protein to keep you fuller 😊

Reactions: 6

I rotate between salad, soup and thin bagels with low fat cream cheese, and beans or scrambled egg on toast. 😊

ETA I have one egg and top up with two tablespoons of extra egg whites (from those cartons you can buy) - good protein but less fat, cholesterol etc or my other half says!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Calculated my BMR and TDEE 3 weeks ago. Im down 9 pounds. Im 5 ft 11 so its noticeable already. Im delighted!

I suffered from ana at 18 to 20 then gained a LOT from binge eating disorder. Im size 18 but blessed Im so tall

Not sticking to calories or weighing- yet. I'll do that when it slows down. Im not cutting anything out - so no relapse !

Making sure I do 5000 steps a day minimum. Although I work in haematology, a lot of work is now seated since covid and most of my day is over the phone. I was only getting 3000 to 4000 steps a day October to December cause I was mentally drained!

And doing Kettlebells twice or three times a week for Feb !

I rotate between salad, soup and thin bagels with low fat cream cheese, and beans or scrambled egg on toast. 😊
Feicin love a bagel with low fat philadelphia, bacon, edam cheese 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Can totally relate to this, I feel like I’ve got so much to lose and the slower it comes off the longer the road looks which is frustrating - especially as I am absolutely halving if not more the calories I was eating before dieting. I think you do have to trust the process (or so I keep telling myself!!!).
Thanks, it’s always good to know you’re not alone. I’ve decided that I’m not going to weigh myself until next Monday and just be super strict this week. If that doesn’t work I’m having a large drink on Saturday to drown my sorrows!

home made vegetable soup is good - you can easily get a big bowl for less than 100 calories. If you want something very quick I buy the John West Tuna Light Lunches when they're on special - I think most are under 250.

• Heart
Can totally relate to this, I feel like I’ve got so much to lose and the slower it comes off the longer the road looks which is frustrating - especially as I am absolutely halving if not more the calories I was eating before dieting.
Me too, if anything at least this thread shows we’re not alone 👏🏻 When you have a bad week it’s so easy to lose motivation ☹ But then I suppose if it was easy and prescriptive, nobody would be overweight!

I have learnt not to treat apps as gospel. My MFP app has put me on 1200 cals which should be a big deficit, but even so over the week it won’t add up to the 2 lbs I want to lose! I’m really going to make an effort with cardio this week 🤞🏻

Me too, if anything at least this thread shows we’re not alone 👏🏻 When you have a bad week it’s so easy to lose motivation ☹ But then I suppose if it was easy and prescriptive, nobody would be overweight!

I have learnt not to treat apps as gospel. My MFP app has put me on 1200 cals which should be a big deficit, but even so over the week it won’t add up to the 2 lbs I want to lose! I’m really going to make an effort with cardio this week 🤞🏻
1200 is very little, have you checked that against a TDEE calculator?? If you under eat your body will store calories as fat so it could contribute to not losing?? It’s scary to eat more but it could potentially help?

Those of you who suggested nutracheck over my fitness pal, I LOVE YOU. It's way more user friendly and calculated a really sensible calorie amount, unlike MFP who told me to have 1200 a day :rolleyes: I lost 3lbs in January which wasn't bad considering I wasn't very well for half of it! Now I've almost recovered I'm determined to start running again. I'm not going to push myself, I want to do one 5k run this week! Then slowly build it back up. I'm hoping to hit my target by the end of April! I'm weighing myself on the last day of each month but may have to have a cheeky weigh in halfway through out of curiosity😂

Also I've scheduled an on plan McDonalds for tomorrow and I'm so bloody excited! I haven't had one since November 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 8
February not off to a good start will power wise 😅 woke up in a very cba mood, didn’t do my usual 5k walk and didn’t fancy breakfast so had a really random lunch which wasn’t very nice / filling so that sent me into a spin of wanting comfort food so caved and ordered a Pizza Hut. Would have fit into my calories as ordered just a thin chicken one but reeeeally wanted mayo with it so went 40 over.

I guess not a big deal but it’s my sons 1st birthday on Sunday and we’re ordering a Chinese to celebrate. Oh well, I suppose that’s for next weeks weigh in to worry about I guess 😂 deffo will be walking and eating breakfast tomorrow !!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've not had the best few days. Been overeating for sure. Not looking forward to facing the scales tomorrow 😕 my exercise has been slacking too 😔 I'm only on my 3rd week

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m feeling the same! This is my 4th week and feeling uninspired/ uninterested... but tomorrow is a new day!!! 💪🏻 Gonna try again tomorrow

• Heart

My lunches for this week are:
Thai noodles with an egg which is about 300
Omlettes which are low I like putting some harissa paste through the egg mix (less than 250)
Some flavoured chicken from the butcher's (less than 250)
Mini quesadillas using the mini wraps at 90kcal each then whatever filling, I like spinach and mushroom
Baked potato with mushrooms and Philadelphia (potato is 202 plus light phili)
Pizza baguette for a Friday treat (269)

• Heart
1200 is very little, have you checked that against a TDEE calculator?? If you under eat your body will store calories as fat so it could contribute to not losing?? It’s scary to eat more but it could potentially help?
Yeah I actually checked the one you linked to earlier, with light exercise 1-3 times a week it gave me just over 1200 a day, with no exercise something like 900!!!! 😭😭 I read about the zig zag calories which was interesting and im going to bring in a cheat meal in a couple of weeks so that might help, maybe just need to come to terms with a 1lb plus loss per week, rather than a 2lb loss 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Also I presume most of us are girlos?
Our hormones always play with us.

So
- weigh yourself
- take pictures!!!!
- take measurements!!!

Yeah I actually checked the one you linked to earlier, with light exercise it gave me just over 1200 a week 😭😭 I read about the zig zag calories which was interesting and im going to bring in a cheat meal in a couple of weeks so that might help, maybe just need to come to terms with a 1lb plus loss per week, rather than a 2lb loss 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
This is horribly low ! Are you extremely short?

Im 5 11, BMR is 1890.

Yeah I actually checked the one you linked to earlier, with light exercise it gave me just over 1200 a day, with no exercise something like 900!!!! 😭😭 I read about the zig zag calories which was interesting and im going to bring in a cheat meal in a couple of weeks so that might help, maybe just need to come to terms with a 1lb plus loss per week, rather than a 2lb loss 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
Also dont do the cheat meal option. Every few days have an ice cream, packet of crisps etc. Cheat meals leads to EDs. Unless it had worked for you already !

This is the best piece of information pictures speak a thousand words I take lots and lots of pictures and honestly it’s incredible when you look and see parts of you shrinking if it wasn’t for the photos I’d think there was no difference! I see my back fat hanging over my bra less and less and the measurements too also I have one piece of clothes (a pair of shorts) I’ve tried on every week since the beginning of January and taken photos the difference is amazing I just hope by summer I’ll be wearing those shorts comfortably! I used to think long term, now I think every meal, everyday, every week is such an achievement also reminding myself one cheat thing isn’t going to ruin all the work and effort I’m putting in, sometimes when you fancy a little something it’s almost better to have it and move on I usually dwell on things and have a hundred things instead of the one thing I fancied 🤍💫

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Over a week now I am still 10 stone 10. I even reduced my calories for the last few days.

Arrrrrrrrgh! 😫🤪
After losing my Christmas weight gain, I'm now stuck at the same number, despite walking most days, eating lots of salad and more fish - and sticking to my calories! 😩 I vary my foods, too, so it's frustrating and I don't know what to do....

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.