Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to those who are ill and feeling rubbish... hope you get better soon so you can get back to doing what you love.

Deep breath here.... fell off the wagon big style last night šŸ˜žšŸ˜žšŸ˜ž. Went for a long run then washed the car and cleaned the house and fell into trap of not eating enough. Mrs Tunnel was online teaching and had zoom meeting until 6 so I went shopping for milk and stuff alone.

Stood in front of my shelf of doom with no one to call to get me out of there (sorry about self pity). Bought all the usual crap that I do. Sat in the car and debated putting it all in the food bank box. Didnā€™t.

Got home. Left it in the boot to hide. Mrs Tunnel still working. Got food out of boot. Ate it all.

Spent the night feeling sick and guilty and as though I will never look like I did again. Wrote some crappy lying post on fb and Instagram about how I donā€™t care about looks given the current situation but I do. I hate myself. I hate how I look now.

I am really sorry, but I needed to be honest somewhere. This has been my life for years and I need it to stop.

On a different note, I count all veg.... mainly because they can add up and the only spice I count is curry powder as it seems to have a lot of calories oddly.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I've been trying half heartedly all month but yesterday was my first day where I fully tracked my calories and excercise and stayed within my goal. It was really hard, not going to lie. I'm feeling extra January-ish this year and my usual sense of optimism and a fresh start just isn't there (for obvious reasons that I'm sure we can all relate to!). I got through by telling myself if I don't make a start now it'll be July and I'll be wishing I started in January.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry to those who are ill and feeling rubbish... hope you get better soon so you can get back to doing what you love.

Deep breath here.... fell off the wagon big style last night šŸ˜žšŸ˜žšŸ˜ž. Went for a long run then washed the car and cleaned the house and fell into trap of not eating enough. Mrs Tunnel was online teaching and had zoom meeting until 6 so I went shopping for milk and stuff alone.

Stood in front of my shelf of doom with no one to call to get me out of there (sorry about self pity). Bought all the usual crap that I do. Sat in the car and debated putting it all in the food bank box. Didnā€™t.

Got home. Left it in the boot to hide. Mrs Tunnel still working. Got food out of boot. Ate it all.

Spent the night feeling sick and guilty and as though I will never look like I did again. Wrote some crappy lying post on fb and Instagram about how I donā€™t care about looks given the current situation but I do. I hate myself. I hate how I look now.

I am really sorry, but I needed to be honest somewhere. This has been my life for years and I need it to stop.

On a different note, I count all veg.... mainly because they can add up and the only spice I count is curry powder as it seems to have a lot of calories oddly.
You can be honest here mate, no one will judge you! Iā€™ve been there soooo many times, having a cheeky drive thru when I thought I could get away with it.

Iā€™m actually doing click and collect food shopping at the moment because I know I couldnā€™t trust myself walking round a big supermarket! I donā€™t know if thatā€™s an option for you?

I find it so much easier doing an order on Monday night (after dinner so not hungry!!) planning my meals for the next seven days, and picking it up on a Tuesday lunchtime. It means thereā€™s no need to pop out mid week and so much less temptation. šŸ™ŒšŸ»

I've been trying half heartedly all month but yesterday was my first day where I fully tracked my calories and excercise and stayed within my goal. It was really hard, not going to lie. I'm feeling extra January-ish this year and my usual sense of optimism and a fresh start just isn't there (for obvious reasons that I'm sure we can all relate to!). I got through by telling myself if I don't make a start now it'll be July and I'll be wishing I started in January.
Starting on Blue Monday is a tough one! Itā€™s been a really stressful start to the year hasnt it šŸ˜” if it helps, Iā€™m thinking that, as difficult as it is to overhaul your health and lifestyle, lockdown is actually a really good time for some to kick start!

Iā€™m WFH so Iā€™m using my commute time for exercise, and to cook new recipes (no way I would be bothered with cooking anything elaborate after a full day at work and travelling home),Iā€™m not buying my unhealthy lunch everyday, there are no restaurants open so I canā€™t be tempted by lunches out with family or catch ups with friends, and exercise is the only excuse for leaving your house!

I know others have really challenging key worker roles and completely different circumstances to, but for me Iā€™m trying to tell myself I will never have it as ā€˜easyā€™ as I do right now, so not to waste the opportunity.

But you made it through day one! One step at a time is all it takes. You can do it! Iā€™m two weeks in now and things are getting easier.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

bless you! We've all been there. My car used to be full on McDonalds wrappers that I'd sneakily eat in my car and then hide under the seat. I don't really have any advice expect maybe have a reflect on how you were feeling that day, when you bought the stuff etc? Maybe if you have some awareness of the feelings that cause it you could potentially recognise where that comes from.

Personal post coming: For me it's needing a bit of happiness cause when I was a kid my dad and I would go to McDonalds every week on his custody day and it's the only time anyone ever sat with me to eat. Other than that I would eat alone in front of the tv or in my room. Don't get me wrong it doesn't always stop it, but knowing where it comes from is half the battle for sure.

Sending a big hug and remember that you're still growing and learning. You can't hate yourself into the version of you that you want to be! ā¤ ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My husband has been ordering some weekly meals from a meal kit company. This has been great for me as I usually buy the food via an online shop, and I seem to be actually RUBBISH at budgeting and usually spend a fortune, honestly itā€™s embarrassing when thereā€™s just 2 of us how much my online shop would cost šŸ˜¬ If I try to meal plan it just costs me tonnes and then I get stressed feel bad useless etc. Anyway, weā€™ve been picking lower calorie meal options and it has helped me so much over the last month not feel stressed by food shopping and waste and whether we fancy what Iā€™ve planned etc. It costs way less than my online shop used to cost me. Am hoping this is going to help my head as I find if I know what my dinner is gonna be in calories I can handle to day better.

Reactions: 5
TW if you had an ed please dont read :(. background my goal weight is 9st and i'm currently 9st12. 5ft3 and 26 yrs old. i have been 9st before around this time last year and felt the best in my body i'd ever felt!

i could really use some advice guys i feel like i'm spiralling :( i've felt quite good in my body for the past year, up until about 2 months ago. i committed to my healthy eating and exercise plan but i went through a breakup in november where i barely ate and lost about 5 pounds in a week.

after a really bumpy month patching things up with him, I felt majorly better about myself but then we went back into national lockdown, i felt so depressed and just kept eating absolute crap. i started from 3rd Jan eating healthy for about a week or two, lost a couple pounds but then started binging again last week for like 4 days straight.

yesterday i had a breakdown and realised i absolutely hate my stomach and my thighs i've been having really bad thoughts that i'm not worthy and i'm an ugly hideous beast. i've genuinely had thoughts of starving myself and using the spit/chew method but i cant believe i've even come to this. logically, i'm not even classed as overweight and i only have about 10 pounds to lose. I KNOW i can do it but the way i'm feeling i just absolutely hate my body. this has now spiralled into hating other things about myself, stupid things like my hair, my teeth, my face. i've never felt so insecure in myself!

does anyone have any advice if they felt this way before and how they overcame it? i'm so sorry to derail the thread but tattle helps me so much and you're all doing so well!

• Sad
  • Heart

I can absolutely relate to this. Before this whole thing, on the days I go to work for lunch I picked out the most glutinous combinations from Sainsburyā€™s to eat in secret so no one can judge me then feel totally awful for it. Iā€™m talking literally share bars of chocolate for breakfast with Coke, donuts for lunch with chocolate mousses alongside more than I needed from McDonaldā€™s and then probably another 2L bottle of Coke and another share pack of chocolate for an ā€œafternoon snackā€ it was appalling then a huge dinner and snacks when I got home. The secret eating thing has been going on for years for me. But do you know what...donā€™t. Donā€™t feel awful for it today. Leave those guilty feelings for yesterdays Tunnel and today is a new one. Try and eat all of your calories today so you donā€™t feel hungry later and fall into the same trap. I make my partner go shopping or get click and collect as someone said above so I donā€™t fall into the trap of picking up loads of junk. Pre-prepping meals is also a good shout? Like making 3 /4/5 days of meals in advance and putting them in the fridge/freezer for later so you donā€™t even have to think? Just please donā€™t beat yourself up and carry the feelings over. Be honest with your partner about it and say you need support on this because itā€™s hard to carry those thoughts and feelings alone. Youā€™ve got this.

• Heart
TW if you had an ed please dont read :(. background my goal weight is 9st and i'm currently 9st12. 5ft3 and 26 yrs old. i have been 9st before around this time last year and felt the best in my body i'd ever felt!

i could really use some advice guys i feel like i'm spiralling :( i've felt quite good in my body for the past year, up until about 2 months ago. i committed to my healthy eating and exercise plan but i went through a breakup in november where i barely ate and lost about 5 pounds in a week.

after a really bumpy month patching things up with him, I felt majorly better about myself but then we went back into national lockdown, i felt so depressed and just kept eating absolute crap. i started from 3rd Jan eating healthy for about a week or two, lost a couple pounds but then started binging again last week for like 4 days straight.

yesterday i had a breakdown and realised i absolutely hate my stomach and my thighs i've been having really bad thoughts that i'm not worthy and i'm an ugly hideous beast. i've genuinely had thoughts of starving myself and using the spit/chew method but i cant believe i've even come to this. logically, i'm not even classed as overweight and i only have about 10 pounds to lose. I KNOW i can do it but the way i'm feeling i just absolutely hate my body. this has now spiralled into hating other things about myself, stupid things like my hair, my teeth, my face. i've never felt so insecure in myself!

does anyone have any advice if they felt this way before and how they overcame it? i'm so sorry to derail the thread but tattle helps me so much and you're all doing so well!
I dont really have any good advice, I struggle like this too sometimes but I couldnā€™t read and run. It does sound like none of these things are true and your mind has just spiralled out of control. Remember that long term you want to be a healthy and happy person so spit/chew is not the path to go down but I understand how youā€™ve gotten there. Take a few deep breaths and try to step back a little. 10lbs is not that much to lose in the grand scheme of things so it would be better to do it in a healthier more sustainable way than to mess up your eating habits and possibly metabolism for just a small amount of weight. I wish I had more I can offer, please donā€™t keep struggling with this, go and see your dr if things get worse xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Each day is a new day.
Donā€™t hold onto yesterdayā€™s ā€œfailuresā€. Or even this mornings little blips. They were just something that happened. Letā€™s try to create healthy habits whilst getting used to what our calorie goals actually look like, the food that will nourish us and keep us healthy. One bad day doesnā€™t have to be a bad week. I tell myself this all the time. I am struggling to keep within my calorie allowance but Iā€™m working on it. Iā€™m leaning to say no when my husband brings in a share packet of crisps. Iā€™m trying to learn to say ā€œactually Iā€™m still full from dinnerā€. At the same time trying to love my life. And enjoy life. And not beat myself up all the time.

• Heart
I can absolutely relate to this. Before this whole thing, on the days I go to work for lunch I picked out the most glutinous combinations from Sainsburyā€™s to eat in secret so no one can judge me then feel totally awful for it. Iā€™m talking literally share bars of chocolate for breakfast with Coke, donuts for lunch with chocolate mousses alongside more than I needed from McDonaldā€™s and then probably another 2L bottle of Coke and another share pack of chocolate for an ā€œafternoon snackā€ it was appalling then a huge dinner and snacks when I got home. The secret eating thing has been going on for years for me. But do you know what...donā€™t. Donā€™t feel awful for it today. Leave those guilty feelings for yesterdays Tunnel and today is a new one. Try and eat all of your calories today so you donā€™t feel hungry later and fall into the same trap. I make my partner go shopping or get click and collect as someone said above so I donā€™t fall into the trap of picking up loads of junk. Pre-prepping meals is also a good shout? Like making 3 /4/5 days of meals in advance and putting them in the fridge/freezer for later so you donā€™t even have to think? Just please donā€™t beat yourself up and carry the feelings over. Be honest with your partner about it and say you need support on this because itā€™s hard to carry those thoughts and feelings alone. Youā€™ve got this.
Brilliant ideas... on it with todayā€™s food. I know I need to eat and not do the blame game with calories.

Thank you so much for being so supportive. This is why this place is so lovely.

ā¤ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Been calorie counting all week and exercising and the scales have not moved.... Iā€™m so disheartened ā˜¹ Trying to do it all slowly but makes me think you need to starve yourself to get any kind of results??!??

• Sad
My husband has been ordering some weekly meals from a meal kit company. This has been great for me as I usually buy the food via an online shop, and I seem to be actually RUBBISH at budgeting and usually spend a fortune, honestly itā€™s embarrassing when thereā€™s just 2 of us how much my online shop would cost šŸ˜¬ If I try to meal plan it just costs me tonnes and then I get stressed feel bad useless etc. Anyway, weā€™ve been picking lower calorie meal options and it has helped me so much over the last month not feel stressed by food shopping and waste and whether we fancy what Iā€™ve planned etc. It costs way less than my online shop used to cost me. Am hoping this is going to help my head as I find if I know what my dinner is gonna be in calories I can handle to day better.
I agree! We get Gousto, the meals are delicious and there's so many low calorie options on there. We was getting Hello Fresh but I found it had a lot more unhealthy options (one meal I had, enchilads, was over 1,400 calories per serving!!!!!!!!!! T'was delicious though)

Another massive secret eater here. After doing a lot of research Iā€™m pretty sure I have struggled with binge eating disorder (no formal diagnosis though.. just what I think from reading about it). All started for me when I went to uni and suddenly had the freedom to eat what I wanted. I would have drawers in my room full of sweet treats and then go to our canteen (I was in catered accommodation) and would eat a massive meal. Itā€™s been really difficult to get under control but Iā€™m getting there. Still struggle just to have 1 or 2 rather than bags and bags on end so at the minute Iā€™m having no chocolate at all.

Itā€™s a long journey and a really really difficult one. But I recommend prepping meals, making snack boxes so you know you can eat everything in there (I think I like the visual of completely finishing something) and itā€™s still under 300 kcals and being honest with people round you. If I feel a need to binge I get out on a walk for an hour to get away from all food and that helps too. Sending love šŸ„°

Last edited:
  • Heart
Been calorie counting all week and exercising and the scales have not moved.... Iā€™m so disheartened ā˜¹ Trying to do it all slowly but makes me think you need to starve yourself to get any kind of results??!??
Definitely not true! I am on 1200 a day and, donā€™t get me wrong, my belly rumbles every now and again but I donā€™t feel starving, especially once Iā€™ve eaten a meal.

I said on the last thread that I was finding it hard to feel like Iā€™d succeeded in sticking to plan if I felt full, which is crazy! Iā€™ve still lost 7.5 pounds in two weeks. You absolutely donā€™t have to deprive yourself.

Also, I know itā€™s tempting to keep checking the scales, but try to only jump on once a week.

I am so heartbroken that you're feeling this way! It's such a heavy burden! ā¤

I've tried to DM you but I can't for some reason.
I'm a recovering anorexic. I contemplated for ages whether to write this because what helps me could be quite controversial and depending on where your mindset could just add to it instead of helping, is so is it okay if I ask you some questions first before I give my advice? You can just ignore it if you want to that's totally fine!

Do you exercise at all and how does it make you feel? Do you go out or are you shielding in lockdown and not leaving the house?

Reactions: 1
@at-the-disco you absolutely ARE worthy and not a hideous beast. You can come here for support or to rant at any time, thereā€™s always someone around listening.

I have never been in your position, but I know for a lot of people, this is a way to control something when you feel a loss of control elsewhere in your life. None of us are living the life weā€™d choose right now, and we canā€™t see the light at the end of the tunnel yet. Some advice I have picked up here is that you can have the odd trip up, but you can also draw a line under it and move on the next day. Also, a community really helps - a problem shared is a problem halved and all that. Itā€™s hard for us to see our loved ones at the minute, so whether itā€™s strangers online like us, or speaking to your GP for support in your area, donā€™t feel like you have to face this alone xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Please try not to beat yourself up. Binging is such a hard thing to get over and with everything going on at the moment it's completely understandable to fall off the wagon every now and then. Be kind to yourself and jump back on that wagon!

• Heart
I am so heartbroken that you're feeling this way! It's such a heavy burden! ā¤

I've tried to DM you but I can't for some reason.
I'm a recovering anorexic. I contemplated for ages whether to write this because what helps me could be quite controversial and depending on where your mindset could just add to it instead of helping, is so is it okay if I ask you some questions first before I give my advice? You can just ignore it if you want to that's totally fine!

Do you exercise at all and how does it make you feel? Do you go out or are you shielding in lockdown and not leaving the house?
oh thank you and i'm sorry to hear you struggle too <3

i've tried to look at my settings and change them so im not sure why we cant private message!
the only exercise i really do is walking, if i can be bothered, im currently unemployed but waiting for my new job to start on 1st feb so i am pretty much stuck indoors constantly!
whenever i do a workout on the odd occasion my muscles ache so much the next day that it puts me off :( i know that is pretty normal but honestly my motivation is so low at the moment and im feeling like i just want the easy option to feel good about myself again

it hurts me that i have tied so much of my self confidence and self worth to my weight and how i look! i would never say some of the things i say to myself to anyone else

Big healthy food shop done this morning. Ive got some 10kcal jellys as a treat šŸ™ˆ

Girls rome wasn't built in a day. Its as simple as cals in cals out. If your not getting results immediately it will come! Always weigh you self naked first thing on your chosen day.

NOT EVERY DAY AT DIFFERENT TIMES!!!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.