Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey. New to the thread, I’ve been calorie counting for a week and lost 7lbs. Does anyone have any tips?
Great loss! My tip: I keep a list of go-to meals that are around 400 cals (and that I actually like) so it minimises having to think about calories and being on a diet. Saves a lot of headspace so I can just get on with it.

Reactions: 11
After lurking for a while finally joining as the scales aren't moving! I haven't been doing it right in any way so my own fault but I think I need this to keep me accountable!

Been doing lots of exercise the past 2 weeks, counting what I eat during the day but then never really counting what I eat for dinner. (and more take aways than I should have maybe...) I find it the most difficult one as my partner is tall and skinny and can eat whatever he wants.. anyone has some tips for this so we don't need to cook 2 totally separate meals?

I have about 1,5 stone to lose, maybe more. Like some others above mentioned, I have been 1,5 stone lighter before and wasn't completely happy back then but that was 10 years or so ago, so that's just my first goal weight and I guess I'll take it from there!
Same situation here, my partner is a bean poll and always has been. He actually wants to gain weight so we are cooking the same dinner except he is adding rice/potatoes/bread/other fillers and I’m having without.

Examples:
Last night we had creamy mushroom chicken, I had just that with broccoli and he had it with rice. (very low cal btw, and delicious)

This week we are having things like fajitas. I’ll take out the wraps and substitute more salad but he’ll have wraps and maybe some rice too. Also having things like burgers, mine will be bunless but with loads of salad and smaller amounts of cheese, he’ll probably have buns and cheese galore and probably chips.

Also having pan fried lamb with Mediterranean veggies, he’ll probably have potatoes with that but I wouldn’t.

Just stuff like that, you get my drift. It’s super easy to assess a dinner and cut down on calories by taking away high carbed things. I always eat more carbs than protein anyway by accident but as long as you’re calorie counting I’m not sure it really matters unless you’re getting into macronutrients etc.

Reactions: 4
I've been buying the warburtons high protein gluten free ones (in the free from section of supermarkets) - theyre a bit smaller than normal wraps but 126 cals each with 4.5g fibre and 7g protein per one and I find them really filling.
These sound great, going to look them up thanks! 👏🏻

Ps whoever recommended the dance work out on the last thread, did it this morning and loved it! Thanks for the recommendation, going to try some more of her stuff.

Hey. New to the thread, I’ve been calorie counting for a week and lost 7lbs. Does anyone have any tips?
I lost 4 stone and few years ago with slimming world but I have grown to think that actually it teaches quite toxic lessons about weight loss.
By the sound of it you should be giving us the tips! Wow 🤩

I find it the most difficult one as my partner is tall and skinny and can eat whatever he wants..
I’m sorry I have no advice but I really sympathise with you, it’s tough doing it on your own with someone else in the house doing what they want!

Me and my other half are thankfully on the same regime (pre wedding) and it’s so helpful that we can hold each other to account.

Reactions: 1
Hey can I please join? Promising myself that this will be the year I actually stick to my resolution of becoming healthier and getting into a good eating and exercise routine and actually keeping the weight off for good instead of constantly yo-yoing! Although 18th jan and not started so not the best start to the year!!! I have been a long time calorie counter, user of MyFitnessPal but hearing a lot about nutracheck. Has anyone made the switch and would recommend?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hey can I please join? Promising myself that this will be the year I actually stick to my resolution of becoming healthier and getting into a good eating and exercise routine and actually keeping the weight off for good instead of constantly yo-yoing! Although 18th jan and not started so not the best start to the year!!! I have been a long time calorie counter, user of MyFitnessPal but hearing a lot about nutracheck. Has anyone made the switch and would recommend?
Everyone’s welcome!!

I just switched from MFP to Nutracheck last week and so pleased I did. Yes, you have to pay but the interface is much more user friendly especially for UK based users. It also doesn’t encourage you to eat back any exercise calories like MFP does!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I switched and find it much easier as there is only 1 option for each food so you know it’s right. MFP is ok but I’d say takes more time to make sure your entries are accurate whereas nutracheck I just scan it and go without really having to check the accuracy :)

Reactions: 3
The only thing I missed from MFP was finishing your day and it estimating what you would weigh in 5 weeks if you kept it up - super motivating to me!

so I quick add my daily calories at the end of every day to mfp as one meal and then press finish my day to get the prediction.

Also I still update weight etc on mfp as all my progress info from years back is in there and it’s useful for me to see where I was happiest.

Reactions: 7
So almost three weeks in and the scales haven’t moved! I’ve stopped drinking (was drinking every day!), been exercising (HIIT/Couch to 5k) and CC pretty strictly and drinking allllll the water.
#lurker but my scales have also not moved for a week After quite a big loss for the first few weeks (all water from over indulgence i am aware!) despite exercising like mad and watching what I eat. I don't calorie count in terms of physically logging it (its really bad for my mental health for a number of reasons) but I've defo burned more than I've eaten

Hoping its something to do with where I am in my monthly cycle as I know that can cause all sorts of fluctuations, but its really hard to not think "sod you then I'm eating crap if eating healthy doesn't do anything" 😂

Reactions: 5
Finally got my arse in gear and was consistent with my meals & excercise last week and woke up to a 4lbs loss today!

Well on track to meeting up first goal of 12st by the end of the month, only 1.6lbs to go. 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 12
After lurking for a while finally joining as the scales aren't moving! I haven't been doing it right in any way so my own fault but I think I need this to keep me accountable!

Been doing lots of exercise the past 2 weeks, counting what I eat during the day but then never really counting what I eat for dinner. (and more take aways than I should have maybe...) I find it the most difficult one as my partner is tall and skinny and can eat whatever he wants.. anyone has some tips for this so we don't need to cook 2 totally separate meals?

I have about 1,5 stone to lose, maybe more. Like some others above mentioned, I have been 1,5 stone lighter before and wasn't completely happy back then but that was 10 years or so ago, so that's just my first goal weight and I guess I'll take it from there!
I don't know if this is true for you but do you have the same portion sizes? Could you reduce your portion size? I'm just thinking cause when my mum and step dad were trying to lose weight it was flying off him but she couldn't lose any. She was constantly saying how it was impossible as they were eating the same things but it turned out her meal portions were also the same size as his when he's 6ft and works a manual job, she's 5ft and works in an office.

Also exercise may not help the scale move as you retain a lot more water when you exercise and muscle is heavier than fat. Do you feel different? Do your clothes feel different? Have you measured yourself or do you just go off the scales?

Do you guys pay for Nutra Check or just use the free version?
I did the one week free trial first and then got a pop up that it was £23.99 for the year so I paid that, it’s well worth it I’m finding it so much more accurate than myfitnesspal

I did the one week free trial first and then got a pop up that it was £23.99 for the year so I paid that, it’s well worth it I’m finding it so much more accurate than myfitnesspal
I’ll be doing that too! Loving it so far, it’s so easy to use.

Reactions: 1
Hello everyone! I've been lurking these threads for a while now but just wanted to thank whoever it was who recommended the Leslie Sansone walking videos? I tried one yesterday and my goodness I was dripping afterwards!! My calves have completely stiffened up today too, which is good going for a half hour workout! Great recommendation thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’d say control portion sizes. Have whatever your partner is having but smaller. Maybe bulk yours out with veg instead??
Good luck 🤩

Same situation here, my partner is a bean poll and always has been. He actually wants to gain weight so we are cooking the same dinner except he is adding rice/potatoes/bread/other fillers and I’m having without.

Examples:
Last night we had creamy mushroom chicken, I had just that with broccoli and he had it with rice. (very low cal btw, and delicious)

This week we are having things like fajitas. I’ll take out the wraps and substitute more salad but he’ll have wraps and maybe some rice too. Also having things like burgers, mine will be bunless but with loads of salad and smaller amounts of cheese, he’ll probably have buns and cheese galore and probably chips.

Also having pan fried lamb with Mediterranean veggies, he’ll probably have potatoes with that but I wouldn’t.

Just stuff like that, you get my drift. It’s super easy to assess a dinner and cut down on calories by taking away high carbed things. I always eat more carbs than protein anyway by accident but as long as you’re calorie counting I’m not sure it really matters unless you’re getting into macronutrients etc.
Thanks for the tips!! I do swap out the rice for things like cauliflower rice etc but recently I've been in the mindset of 'ahh I exercised so much today could definitely eat some more...' :rolleyes:

I don't know if this is true for you but do you have the same portion sizes? Could you reduce your portion size? I'm just thinking cause when my mum and step dad were trying to lose weight it was flying off him but she couldn't lose any. She was constantly saying how it was impossible as they were eating the same things but it turned out her meal portions were also the same size as his when he's 6ft and works a manual job, she's 5ft and works in an office.

Also exercise may not help the scale move as you retain a lot more water when you exercise and muscle is heavier than fat. Do you feel different? Do your clothes feel different? Have you measured yourself or do you just go off the scales?
And yes.. you got me there! I do eat a little bit less, but I'm afraid 'not less enough' to be within my calories. So from today on I am really going to weigh out every single thing and see where that leaves me in 1-2 weeks.

So far my clothes fit like usual, I didn't expect big things in these 2 weeks I've been doing it but hey. Also was on my period last week, this might be a reason as well.

So maybe it's not as bad as I think it is, it did give me the kick up the butt to really track everything I eat. A little square of chocolate or 3 brazil nuts do all add up in the end and i need to be held accountable...

I'll report back somewhere next week!!

Should have written on here earlier :love:

Reactions: 2
Thanks for the tips!! I do swap out the rice for things like cauliflower rice etc but recently I've been in the mindset of 'ahh I exercised so much today could definitely eat some more...' :rolleyes:

And yes.. you got me there! I do eat a little bit less, but I'm afraid 'not less enough' to be within my calories. So from today on I am really going to weigh out every single thing and see where that leaves me in 1-2 weeks.

So far my clothes fit like usual, I didn't expect big things in these 2 weeks I've been doing it but hey. Also was on my period last week, this might be a reason as well.

So maybe it's not as bad as I think it is, it did give me the kick up the butt to really track everything I eat. A little square of chocolate or 3 brazil nuts do all add up in the end and i need to be held accountable...

I'll report back somewhere next week!!

Should have written on here earlier :love:
I would say measure out or use a smaller plate? My other advice is to have 1/2 - 3/4 what you would normally on a smaller plate or bowl as it might trick your brain into thinking you've eaten what you normally would. You can always eat some more if you're still hungry.

Tbf your period will make you heavier and you do hold water so that won't help things. Try and remember that if you're exercising you might be holding onto weight on the scale (not necessarily on your body) ❤

• Heart
Some other things I was wondering..

Do you count vegetables? I count fruit, but vegetables...?

Let's say I eat a salad at lunch which contains cucumber, red onion, rocket, feta, chickpeas. I count the feta and chickpeas, but not the rest, should I do this?

And how would you count soup you get somewhere from a local restaurant to take away for lunch?

Thank you! :giggle:

Do you girls count vegetables? I count fruit, but vegetables...?

Let's say I eat a salad at lunch which contains cucumber, red onion, rocket, feta, chickpeas. I count the feta and chickpeas, but not the rest, should I do this?

And how would you count soup you get somewhere from a local restaurant to take away for lunch?

I count veg but it’s mainly very low calorie! Compared to fruit that can actually be fairly high (obviously still very good for you)

Not sure about soup from a restaurant. I know nutracheck holds info from the big chain restaurants but not sure about little local places. Haven’t had to worry about it yet with lockdown😂

I count it all as I'm always surprised how much it adds up when I'm having quite low kcal (I'm short 😭). If you're on more it may not make as much of difference.

For example 100g of broccoli is approx 40 kcal, I could have a biscuit for that and I would definitely track a biscuit.

I think it really depends on how many kcal you have per day. I know I've read before say you can stick with what you're doing and if working then carry on. If it's not working and you're not losing the weight you'd expect then maybe start tracking to see if it makes a difference. That's what I'm doing with diet coke. I don't want to give it up, however if I'm not getting the weight loss I'd expect then I'll maybe give it up.

Reactions: 7

I count the higher calorie veg like potato peas, etc. The moderate calorie veg like onions and peppers I track in a rough estimate e.g if I’m tracking a recipe I’ll put in each onion used as the calories for 150g. Low calorie veg like leafy greens, mushrooms, cucumbers I don’t bother tracking.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.