Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TW if you had an ed please dont read :(. background my goal weight is 9st and i'm currently 9st12. 5ft3 and 26 yrs old. i have been 9st before around this time last year and felt the best in my body i'd ever felt!

i could really use some advice guys i feel like i'm spiralling :( i've felt quite good in my body for the past year, up until about 2 months ago. i committed to my healthy eating and exercise plan but i went through a breakup in november where i barely ate and lost about 5 pounds in a week.

after a really bumpy month patching things up with him, I felt majorly better about myself but then we went back into national lockdown, i felt so depressed and just kept eating absolute crap. i started from 3rd Jan eating healthy for about a week or two, lost a couple pounds but then started binging again last week for like 4 days straight.

yesterday i had a breakdown and realised i absolutely hate my stomach and my thighs i've been having really bad thoughts that i'm not worthy and i'm an ugly hideous beast. i've genuinely had thoughts of starving myself and using the spit/chew method but i cant believe i've even come to this. logically, i'm not even classed as overweight and i only have about 10 pounds to lose. I KNOW i can do it but the way i'm feeling i just absolutely hate my body. this has now spiralled into hating other things about myself, stupid things like my hair, my teeth, my face. i've never felt so insecure in myself!

does anyone have any advice if they felt this way before and how they overcame it? i'm so sorry to derail the thread but tattle helps me so much and you're all doing so well!
I've dealt with this on and off for years (still do sometimes) and I've found it's more to do with my feelings about myself and putting things like eating and my weight on it as a fix-all for my more deep rooted self esteem issues. My brain jumps to the fact that if I can just lose this 10/15/whatever lbs then everything will be fine and I'll be happy in myself, which is virtually never the case (as discussed earlier in the thread about people not feeling good even at their GW). I don't have any practical advice unfortunately but I just wanted to say I get it - I'm about to start therapy again soon for my problems (all of them :rolleyes:) so that may be something to look into. Self esteem is such a difficult thing to get to grips with and so so awful when you feel rubbish about yourself xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Big healthy food shop done this morning. Ive got some 10kcal jellys as a treat 🙈

Girls rome wasn't built in a day. Its as simple as cals in cals out. If your not getting results immediately it will come! Always weigh you self naked first thing on your chosen day.

NOT EVERY DAY AT DIFFERENT TIMES!!!
Check the jelly, if they’re heartlys or whatever the brand they say 10kcal on the packaging but on the nutritional info they’re often less!! The strawberry ones are 4kcal! I have one every evening 🤣🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Check the jelly, if they’re heartlys or whatever the brand they say 10kcal on the packaging but on the nutritional info they’re often less!! The strawberry ones are 4kcal! I have one every evening 🤣🤣
Thought they would be nice with fruit

• Heart
Thought they would be nice with fruit
Ooo yes!! Never thought of that! I saw someone on Instagram buying the jelly crystals you use to make it yourself and sprinkling it over grapes and freezing them. They looked absolutely lush🤩

oh thank you and i'm sorry to hear you struggle too <3

i've tried to look at my settings and change them so im not sure why we cant private message!
the only exercise i really do is walking, if i can be bothered, im currently unemployed but waiting for my new job to start on 1st feb so i am pretty much stuck indoors constantly!
whenever i do a workout on the odd occasion my muscles ache so much the next day that it puts me off :( i know that is pretty normal but honestly my motivation is so low at the moment and im feeling like i just want the easy option to feel good about myself again

it hurts me that i have tied so much of my self confidence and self worth to my weight and how i look! i would never say some of the things i say to myself to anyone else
This is such a tricky one and I can only go off my own experience so this may not apply to you at all.
Also going to sound like a counsellor here, it's not on purpose I swear 😂 I just know how my mind works with this kind of thing.
Are you maybe seeking control? I'm just thinking cause you've said unemployed and waiting to start a new job, I know when I'm in limbo I get really anxious so the first thing I turn to control is food and my appearance. Whether that's restricting, cutting out sugar, wanting to dye my hair, etc. Could that be where it's coming from?

You say you don't like the feeling of working out which is fair enough! Could you try a little goal of walking for 5 minutes a day at the same tine everyday? I feel like maybe the outdoors and the walking might break the intensity of your feelings cause you're not stuck in the same 4 walls thinking about the same thing. Everything is magnified when you have no context to put it in cause it's just you and your thoughts. Does that make sense?
(it's tricky as weight lifting workouts really help me. I can't do cardio but I find that weights make me feel strong and gives me some structure and control which in turn makes me look after myself as I want to eat protein etc so I can get the optimum benefit. Like I said, seems quite controversial and counter productive as it's exercising to solve anorexia but it's not in the sense that it makes me eat. I really plummet when the gyms are closed cause it's a safety net for me.)

Your confidence is so such a hard one to tackle cause it's literally what society tells us! Could you make a list of all your qualities that aren't weight or appearance related? Maybe accomplishments as well? Could you set small goals for yourself each day (when I say small I mean small, literally like drink half a bottle of water, listen to 2 of my favourite songs and have a little dance for 5 mins, eat a piece of fruit) and then tick them off? Might make you feel you've accomplished something which might boost your confidence and each day you'll be able to add a slightly bigger goal?

I don't know if this will help at all but whenever I'm in a bad way I always think "on my death bed am I going to be thinking about my weight or appearance? no. I am more likely to be upset at how much time I worried about it when it was nothing in the grand scheme of things" and that's true. Weight and appearance really does count for very little when you think of everything you have and are going to contribute to the world.

I hope this helps a bit and remember you're not alone you have a thread here that is willing to help you and give you some safety

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Didn’t have the best day today again 😂 porridge etc for breakfast, baked portobello mushrooms with 40g blue Stilton on top for lunch then I had malteasers small packet + 1 twirl finger and then had a McDonald’s for tea 😅 BUT did take the bun off my burger (wow that was painful) and didn’t have a drink with it so only 80cals over my limit today and that’s for my 2lb a week loss, still loads below my TDEE being 2000 for 1lb a week loss so feeling ok about it.

Reactions: 9
Today’s diet status: Reporting ads for KFC in my Twitter feed as “I’m not interested” 💔

😂😂 I’ll be crying into my oven baked chicken and jacket potato on Friday night.

Also, my Fitbit didn’t recognise my interval training workout but did give me twenty active minutes afterwards whilst I sat eating some curry and naan bread. Riddle me that 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've done pretty good in the past 2 days, drank more water (5 mugs, can't drink anymore or I'll have to live in the toilet 😂) and stuck within my 1,200 calories, and having weighed this morning, I've lost my Christmas/New Year and birthday gain of 7lbs in 2 weeks! 😃😃 I'm sticking with it until Saturday when I'll be having a treat meal of burger and chips and a dessert if Cadbury's Fudge sticky toffee pudding with custard or ice cream! 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 5
i've fallen off the wagon a little bit, with food, and i also had a smoke today 🥲 i felt much worse mentally last week that i do now so i don't have an excuse really

• Heart
I’m going to be SO angry with myself if I don’t get in an online workout of some description tomorrow (walk or dance). I’ve been saying I’ll do one for a solid week now 😩 I like getting outside on a walk but so hard when the weather is tit and it’s not like I have a dog to force me out. So tomorrow I WILL do an online workout😅

• Heart
I'm about to purchase a kettlebell, so fingers crossed when it arrives in 10 days I'll start moving again (LOL).

Reactions: 2
i've fallen off the wagon a little bit, with food, and i also had a smoke today 🥲 i felt much worse mentally last week that i do now so i don't have an excuse really
You don’t need to have an excuse. Sometimes these things just happen.

Take each day as it comes. To give up smoking and do the healthy eating is so admirable!

❤

• Heart
The daily weighing is annoying me now - I'm using happy scale (highly recommended - I know people earlier in the thread were talking about Libra - I've got an iphone and I've used happy scale for years) but I'm so disheartened every day when the scale doesn't go down! I miss the first week when it went down every day 😭 I know it's due to water etc. and that I'm definitely losing fat regardless because I'm in a deficit and my weekly weight is going down but it's so aggravating! I am gonna carry on with daily because it keeps me accountable though.

Yesterday was an ok day food wise - I had huel for lunch with some cheese and then a falafel and houmous wrap for dinner, then I smoked a small joint and persuaded myself to get some chocolate - I thought I had some darkmilk in the fridge but there was only cadbury white left over from christmas (which I don't really like - normally I love white choc but this is bland) but because I'd already got to the fridge I decided to have some anyway so had 25g which was a total waste of 138 calories. I'm normally fine when I smoke as long as I keep my mind off food and eat first so that was annoying. (although could have been much worse).

Today I'm gonna have one of my high protein wraps and houmous for lunch instead of the huel because a) the houmous is on its way out and b) i wanna try having something with less carbs and more fat for lunch because even though I'm only having a small serving of the huel it's higher in carbs than I used to have on a working day (I used to do a sort of one meal a day where I'd have a protein shake at lunch and the rest of my cals at dinner) and I found that kept my energy more consistent throughout the day.

Have an amazing day everyone! I for one can't wait for the weather to improve! I feel even frumpier in jumpers and it's such a ballache walking about outside at the moment! Have some emotional sunshine from me ☀

• Heart
Fell off the wagon big style last night and ate half the celebrations tin at like 10pm lol 🙃 Hope everyone has a good day today, need to kick my arse back into gear

• Heart
Opened the curtains, Nope not going to be a walking day today!!
Aiming for another day just below calorie target, have had a good last few daŷs, 1200 calories mostly feels doable now!!

• Heart
I posted on another thread but was told this thread may be more appropriate..

I weighed 20 stone 12 last Tuesday and already have dropped down to 20 stone 3. I've eaten less, drank more water, walk at least an hour daily, fill half of my plate with veg and less carbs, some protein and calorie counting in basic terms. When I really need a snack, have fruit blah blah.... My only issue is I have an "apron belly" of a slight overhang, it's not completely overhanging but I'm concerned I can't get rid of this overhang and it's putting me off of keeping motivated to diet and exercise..... Alongside eating healthy and walking daily, I will be working out at home for half an hour a day at least. Is it possible to get rid of my apron belly or am I dreaming? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Can anyone recommend some YouTube workouts? Preferably easy and not too long, but worth doing!

Reactions: 1
I posted on another thread but was told this thread may be more appropriate..

I weighed 20 stone 12 last Tuesday and already have dropped down to 20 stone 3. I've eaten less, drank more water, walk at least an hour daily, fill half of my plate with veg and less carbs, some protein and calorie counting in basic terms. When I really need a snack, have fruit blah blah.... My only issue is I have an "apron belly" of a slight overhang, it's not completely overhanging but I'm concerned I can't get rid of this overhang and it's putting me off of keeping motivated to diet and exercise..... Alongside eating healthy and walking daily, I will be working out at home for half an hour a day at least. Is it possible to get rid of my apron belly or am I dreaming? 🤦🏼‍♀️
I have a slight one because of 2 previous c sections. I am hoping it will slightly ease but I’m not under any illusion even if I get down to my lightest ever it will still be there (I am a similar weight to you). Have you had anything like this? If not I think it’s entirely possible you will be able to get rid of it with the right eating, cardio and muscle workouts that target those areas (should just state that you can’t actually lose weight from specific areas but if you want to tone your belly specifically then there are exercises you can do to work your abs etc, you know what I mean!!) but unfortunately it’s not an overnight fix as I’m sure you know.

I have a slight one because of 2 previous c sections. I am hoping it will slightly ease but I’m not under any illusion even if I get down to my lightest ever it will still be there (I am a similar weight to you). Have you had anything like this? If not I think it’s entirely possible you will be able to get rid of it with the right eating, cardio and muscle workouts that target those areas.
No, no babies for me/c-section yet. All food babies unfortunately 😕 I really hope I can get rid of it, I'm doing my best. Walking, I'm out of breath and achy within 5 minutes but am working my butt off.... I hope you get to where you desire to be, too. It's tough 💪 hang in there

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.