Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you count vegetables? I count fruit, but vegetables...?

Let's say I eat a salad at lunch which contains cucumber, red onion, rocket, feta, chickpeas. I count the feta and chickpeas, but not the rest, should I do this?
I tend to weigh out vegetables when cooking, and just scan the packet. It’s a lot harder on MFP to find the loose stuff, which has got me considering Nutracheck instead 😂 or I check the online entry in the Sainsburys app as I’m doing click and collect all from there at the moment.

The only thing I tend not to track is herbs and spices because I think they’re a negligible amount. (I mean I hope they are and I’m not self sabotaging here😖)

Reactions: 3
Ahhh got my first obstacle! Had some really good news today, would normally celebrate with a takeaway and desperately want to.

On the one hand I know I’m trying to eat healthily but on the other, reasons to celebrate have been few and far between lately soo... I may cave 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hello!! Joining from today (January has been too rough up until now)! I put on two stone last year and hate it, so aiming to lose that and a little bit more. Using nutracheck to count cals. Also waiting to start Francis Diet so I hope that really helps me too. Hope it's okay to join x

Reactions: 6
Hello!! Joining from today (January has been too rough up until now)! I put on two stone last year and hate it, so aiming to lose that and a little bit more. Using nutracheck to count cals. Also waiting to start Francis Diet so I hope that really helps me too. Hope it's okay to join x
The more the merrier! It's a lovely supportive group.

Good luck :) xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ahhh got my first obstacle! Had some really good news today, would normally celebrate with a takeaway and desperately want to.

On the one hand I know I’m trying to eat healthily but on the other, reasons to celebrate have been few and far between lately soo... I may cave 😬
I think you should have the treat to celebrate the good news, life has been hard and we only live once. One treat won’t hurt just get back on it tomorrow and maybe try to eat a few calories less for a couple of days after if that doesn’t take you too low. I also believe that a good meal can give our metabolism a boost!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I neeed to get back on the wagon. I did 2 months before Christmas, felt great, nearly needed to buy a size down in my work trousers. Relaxed over Christmas and have been eating any shite in reach since 😒

Reactions: 5
I think you should have the treat to celebrate the good news, life has been hard and we only live once. One treat won’t hurt just get back on it tomorrow and maybe try to eat a few calories less for a couple of days after if that doesn’t take you too low. I also believe that a good meal can give our metabolism a boost!
^ I second this! Also sometimes when you don't give yourself a treat you end up feeling miserable. You've got have something nice every now and then and as long as you've eaten decently in the days before and after one won't have any major impact! Enjoy and congrats on the good news! Seems to me in short supply nowadays so enjoy it ❤ ❤

The more the merrier! It's a lovely supportive group.

Good luck :) xx
Hope you're feeling better after the other day! I have digestion issues (not as bad as UC) so I can emphasise about how miserable and fatigued you can get ❤

Reactions: 4
^ I second this! Also sometimes when you don't give yourself a treat you end up feeling miserable. You've got have something nice every now and then and as long as you've eaten decently in the days before and after one won't have any major impact! Enjoy and congrats on the good news! Seems to me in short supply nowadays so enjoy it ❤ ❤

Hope you're feeling better after the other day! I have digestion issues (not as bad as UC) so I can emphasise about how miserable and fatigued you can get ❤
I'm still feeling dreadful but thank you 🤣 It's really floored me for this past week so I haven't been able to do anything as even getting out of bed has been a struggle. I hate it not being able to exercise and work has been suffering as well. But there's nothing I can do so I just have to ride it out and hope that it settles down again soon xx

• Heart
I'm still feeling dreadful but thank you 🤣 It's really floored me for this past week so I haven't been able to do anything as even getting out of bed has been a struggle. I hate it not being able to exercise and work has been suffering as well. But there's nothing I can do so I just have to ride it out and hope that it settles down again soon xx
bless you it really is horrific! If it's any consolation, you are probably better off resting now instead if pushing too hard and then ending up even more ill later on down the line. Take it easy ❤

• Heart

Ahhh I would, like you say there’s not much to celebrate at the minute!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Bad day at work today and I’m very much an emotional eater. I’d love to eat a load of pasta and some chocolate (and some wine but that’s for the dry Jan thread!) but instead giving Youtube yoga a go. Who am I 😂

(I might have a biscuit but we only have one biscuit left in the house so at least I know I won’t eat the rest of the packet if I start 😂)

• Heart
Thanks for the lovely replies re celebrating! I stayed strong today and ate my planned meal however purely due to the fact I have to do a zoom quiz shortly and if I’m getting celebratory domino’s, I’m eating it in peace 😂

Tomorrow night however, I will be diving headfirst into a pepperoni passion 🤤

• Heart
  • Haha
Still feeling really unwell so can feel myself falling into the whole not eating all day and binging in the evening trap! Today I had breakfast around lunchtime as usual then had a roast dinner at 5ish but now just want to eat everything despite being stuffed! Going to have a treat bag of malteasers and call it a day, am only 100 odd calories over my amount for the day roughly but deffo need a pick me up. Hope tomorrow I feel a bit more with it!

• Sad
Today has been haaaard. I’ve stayed in my calories but basically ate crap😂 just wanted to be eating something constantly!! But as it was weigh day today there’s still plenty of time to be good so I’ll let it go. But so annoying feeling like you’ve done badly at the end of a day😩

Didn't realise there was a new thread. I thought everyone had fallen off the waggon 🤣
I'm off for my weekly outing to aldi tomorrow. Anyone got any good ideas 💡
I do follow the aldi slimming world group on Facebook, I dont follow slimming world but there's some decent recipes on there.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Pigged out tonight on fajitas, but I found some gluten free wraps made from sweet potato flour that are high in fibre and have only 90 cals 😍 I also bought some lower fat cheese and only had the recommended serving of 30g which is unheard of (coming from a two person household of 14 different cheeses over Christmas!).

Seeing how my workouts translate to calories burned on my Fitbit has really motivated me today! I did a resistance band weights workout as well as my cardio this morning, and because I did it after dinner, I think I had left enough time to make my brain realise I was full, so I don’t feel like reaching for the chocolate tonight.

What Blue Monday? 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Didn't realise there was a new thread. I thought everyone had fallen off the waggon 🤣
I'm off for my weekly outing to aldi tomorrow. Anyone got any good ideas 💡
I do follow the aldi slimming world group on Facebook, I dont follow slimming world but there's some decent recipes on there.
Sorry 😅 that’s my bad haha
If it’s helpful for anyone, admin have created a weight loss and healthy living tag which will group all the past and future threads together. It helps me keep track of it all 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm hoping to get back into workouts from tomorrow. Since the gyms shut I've done zilch, and this is from a girl who'd do 3 bootcamp sessions per week plus 4 gym floor sessions and 3 personal training sessions 😭 . No wonder I've really struggled with eating, I don't think I realised how much I rely on exercise to motivate my eating habits.

Reactions: 2
I really need to rein in my weekend drinking - I feel SO much better this morning because I didn't have a drink last night - never mind the calories wasted! My eating at the weekend wasn't that bad but I'm just so much more slapdash once I've had a drink and I didn't do any exercise even though it was perfect walking weather on Sunday. I might try and go completely dry this weekend actually

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.