Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning all 😴 happy Monday.
I’m down 2.25 lb this morning, taking my total loss to 9.8. I’m happy with that, being ‘on’ at the moment and feeling bloated, I was worried I wouldn’t have lost at all.

I’m more happy that according to my scale, my % of body fat looks to have dropped a few percent and I look to be creeping towards the overweight bmi figure (obese when I first started 😞).

I am trying to persuade myself out of bed for a step workout.. don’t start work until 9 so maybe I can get one done 🤔😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Weigh in today after a naughty weekend so not sure how it’s gonna go 😅

Reactions: 2
Has anyone done Slimfast in between calorie counting as a quick fix? Im feeling upset as I want to lose 5-6lbs and get rid of the bloat there come over me this past week and a half, so was thinking of purchasing a shake bundle box and have one instead of breakfast and my evening meal for a week, see if it helps.... 🤔
It’ll probably help but only because you’ll be really reducing your calories. I wouldn’t advise it, eat real food and be patient. There are no quick fixes and anything you lose quickly through something that isn’t healthy eating and exercise will go right back on when you do start eating properly.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone done Slimfast in between calorie counting as a quick fix? Im feeling upset as I want to lose 5-6lbs and get rid of the bloat there come over me this past week and a half, so was thinking of purchasing a shake bundle box and have one instead of breakfast and my evening meal for a week, see if it helps.... 🤔
I use the Slimfast Vitality vegan shakes a few times a week as it's quick and easy and basically like a milkshake :ROFLMAO: I add some ice, frozen fruit, and chia seeds to mine.

I don't follow the plan of two a day and a meal as I need a bit more variety but I really like them as a meal replacement and the vitality range have a nice hit of protein and vitamins x

Bloody hell. A week of being good bar 2 little snacdients and not lost a pound 😒 Might need to start counting my calories instead of semi tracking them in my head.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Bloody hell. A week of being good bar 2 little snacdients and not lost a pound 😒 Might need to start counting my calories instead of semi tracking them in my head.
I definitely would track all your food as it does help. Snacks can really add up.

I've not really been losing on the scale for well over a week now but my waist and abdomen are getting smaller so don't just go by the scale.

Don't give up - it really does take time to make serious changes. I've been feeling disheartened too that I haven't lost in a while but since 3 Jan I'm about 6 pounds down in total which isn't too bad when you put it into context.

Keep going! x

Reactions: 9
Does anyone have any healthy tips to get rid of cravings? I just never feel full!
I like Cadburys highlights hot chocolate if I’m after something sweet, a mug of that fills me up and it’s less than 40cals! Or a kitkat, they’re about 100cals for a 2 finger one.

I tend to have three meals a day and a max of 1200 cals, so I can’t really afford to have snacks as well. I try to distract myself by eating my breakfast late and doing something else tbh 😂 now the beauty salons are closed I can spend a good hour painting my nails, and you can’t eat and do that haha! Double winner.

I definitely would track all your food as it does help. Snacks can really add up.

I've not really been losing on the scale for well over a week now but my waist and abdomen are getting smaller so don't just go by the scale.

Don't give up - it really does take time to make serious changes. I've been feeling disheartened too that I haven't lost in a while but since 3 Jan I'm about 6 pounds down in total which isn't too bad when you put it into context.

Keep going! x
Yes I understand that. Snack wise ive been having maybe 3 crab sticks a day. So thats about 60kcals. Ive been having brunch instead of breakfast and lunch (nornaly a slice of toast and two boiled eggs) and a birnaly healthy dinner.

Sticking to my guns, going to start exercising abit more which is easier said than done with two kids at home

Does anyone have any healthy tips to get rid of cravings? I just never feel full!
There are some good low cal bars out there! Fibre one (or Aldi equivalent) are amazing, I have one on a Saturday night warmed up in the microwave with 80g of Aldi high protein ice cream 😍 there’s also skinny whip bars, the Aldi benefit bars, weight watchers slices. Things like that which are under 100kcal but nice for a little snack!
Frozen grapes are amazing too if you want even lower calorie! And Hartleys jelly (says 10kcal on packaging but strawberry is 4kcal for the pot and raspberry is 3kcal). I also have those tiny kinder bars in the cupboard incase I want an actual chocolate bar.

Stayed the same this week (maybe lost .5 of a lb) but after a naughty weekend I can’t beat myself up over it.

A new week let’s try again!

• Heart
I am used to feeling "full" after a meal so I'm trying to step away from that mindset and get to the point where I'm just not feeling actively hungry anymore. I find that it keeps me going until my next meal time just as fine. Try to spot what exactly are you craving maybe, and get to the bottom of the reason of the craving. Maybe you're thirsty? Maybe you haven't eaten enough during your main meal? If you're actually hungry, you should eat something!

Reactions: 6
I upped my protein with every meal and found this has really helped to keep me full.

I have a high protein porridge for breakfast and whack an extra scoop of protein powder in and some chia seeds. This keeps me full until lunch, whereas before, I would have been snacking like crazy from about 10.

A cuppa soup is also quite a nice low cal snack option.

Reactions: 6
I use the Slimfast Vitality vegan shakes a few times a week as it's quick and easy and basically like a milkshake :ROFLMAO: I add some ice, frozen fruit, and chia seeds to mine.

I don't follow the plan of two a day and a meal as I need a bit more variety but I really like them as a meal replacement and the vitality range have a nice hit of protein and vitamins x
That sounds good, thank you. 😊 I just feel like I need to change things up as its not normally this hard to lose weight, but it's all gone a bit wrong since Christmas and I'm struggling.... 😞

Reactions: 1
What day do you weigh in?

I'm thinking of changing to Saturday morning so I have the good week behind me!

Agree on this, I’m WFH and have been since last April as we’re not allowed to go back into the office. Used to do at least 10k steps a day just commuting, walking round the office. Miss the rigour of office working and not being able to just pop into the kitchen for a snack.
100% agree with this, some days I'm barely doing 3000 steps whereas before I would be walking across site, trekking from the carpark etc. It's so annoying. I used to walk to the canteen with my friends so they could get breakfast just so I could have a gossip. However we've been told we won't be going back until minimum of August!

-----
I'm quite pleased, weigh in today and lost 1.1kg so about 2.4 lb. Just been sticking to my calories been over by like 9 on two days because I forgot about a coffee I had lol.

Not feeling deprived, been able to have malteasers and cheese and crackers occasionally. I definitely feel like meal planning helps. Today I'm having Chinese chicken skewers and rice for dinner so looking forward to that 😊

Reactions: 7
I remember a WW leader telling me one time that if you really fancy some chocolate or sweets, then brush your teeth, you likely won't want it then, or maybe eat a pickled onion (no one will want you in that case LOL).

Hi everyone, I've joined you today if that's okay? Having somewhere to check in with and hopefully keep motivated will be a good thing. You're all doing so well already.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.