Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do it because I genuinely cannot tolerate food first thing in the morning (well, before about 11.30am) and if I don't, I either get a headache or, as I did last time I tried being sensible, my legs give out on me (partly POTS related lack of salt/moody blood pressure). I don't particularly like them as they're so sweet, but I can tolerate them - just about - before leaving for the bus at around 6.15am.

Was in the office today and for the rest of the week. Already done triple my maximum step count and distance compared to the last month, and it was a slow, dragging, almost agonisingly boring day.

Unfortunately, I had too much to eat when I got home (Burns Night, obvs), and I was so knackered and bloated that I had to enlist Mr D to help me get my two pairs of trousers off (it's bloody cold walking from the bus stop to where I work at 6.30am). But, on the other hand, I could fit two pairs of trousers on at once instead of barely managing the single pair that normal people wear...
Giddy Aunt, bus at 6.15 am, big hugs to you, respect as well.

Reactions: 3
@Jellybeansoup run 2 completed. More upbeat music was helpful as was going before breakfast/I’d eaten anything. Still finding that I’m struggling with the last 2 runs, got a stitch this time. Perhaps I’m not warming up enough. Just have to decide when to do run 3 for this week.

Have to say I do feel better for the exercise. I’m even considering doing a couple of videos at home which is quite unheard of for me!

Does anyone have any recommendations for YouTube videos? I’ve not got a great deal of space to use.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone have any recommendations for YouTube videos? I’ve not got a great deal of space to use.
I like Zumba Sulu on YouTube!
MadFit’s dance workout has been recommend on here and I’ve done quite a few now, they’re fun and good music.
Plus the often recommend on here Leslie Sansone walking ones are a surprisingly good workout (albeit a bit cheesy🤣) according to my Fitbit.
These all pretty much need a couple of metres space side to side and front to back, and no equipment necessary 😊

• Heart
Found out my Dad’s step-dad passed away yesterday. He was a right arse to my Dad (physically and emotionally) but the only “dad” he ever had in his life. My brother and I never knew him and he was never mentioned round our house. My dad vowed that he was everything he would never be to us. This morning he text us (before we knew about his step dad) asking us as adults how we think our upbringing was. It was so out of the blue but it was because he was so adamant to give us everything he never had.

Sorry for the majorly off topic post but I feel very weird today. I never knew my dad’s step-dad but my heart breaks that my Dad felt the need to confirm that we had an amazing childhood and could ever doubt that he is the most incredible man.

Feeling allllll the emotions today and I’d normally 1000% turn to food😩 I think this is the first major challenged I’ve faced since I started my weightloss. Today will take some serious willpower if I’m to eat bloody fruit when I’m an emotional mess😩🤣

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Found out my Dad’s step-dad passed away yesterday. He was a right arse to my Dad (physically and emotionally) but the only “dad” he ever had in his life. My brother and I never knew him and he was never mentioned round our house. My dad vowed that he was everything he would never be to us. This morning he text us (before we knew about his step dad) asking us as adults how we think our upbringing was. It was so out of the blue but it was because he was so adamant to give us everything he never had.

Sorry for the majorly off topic post but I feel very weird today. I never knew my dad’s step-dad but my heart breaks that my Dad felt the need to confirm that we had an amazing childhood and could ever doubt that he is the most incredible man.

Feeling allllll the emotions today and I’d normally 1000% turn to food😩 I think this is the first major challenged I’ve faced since I started my weightloss. Today will take some serious willpower if I’m to eat bloody fruit when I’m an emotional mess😩🤣
Oh bless him, this is such a dad thing to do, sending a seemingly random message like that.

Maybe you could arrange a proper catch up with your lovely dad tonight, to occupy your mind for a bit. Keeping busy is a good distraction and it sounds like he’d appreciate it.

Bless him 🥺🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh bless him, this is such a dad thing to do, sending a seemingly random message like that.

Maybe you could arrange a proper catch up with your lovely dad tonight, to occupy your mind for a bit. Keeping busy is a good distraction and it sounds like he’d appreciate it.

Bless him 🥺🥺
My dad is the least emotional person too so properly breaks my heart to know he’s sat there thinking about whether he’s been a good dad to us🥺

Yes I definitely will do! I think he just needs the reassurance that he is absolutely nothing like his step-dad was. Thank you 💗💗

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My dad is the least emotional person too so properly breaks my heart to know he’s sat there thinking about whether he’s been a good dad to us🥺

Yes I definitely will do! I think he just needs the reassurance that he is absolutely nothing like his step-dad was. Thank you 💗💗
My Dad is like this too, never shows emotion, but was in tears recently when he told me they'd had to have their little dog put to sleep. Your dad is most probably asking himself a lot of questions today, also if his step-dad was not nice to him he might be feeling a sense of relief and that emotion is making him then feel guilty for being that way. The advice to have a catch up with him if you are able to sound like a great one. I hope you're okay?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
My Dad is like this too, never shows emotion, but was in tears recently when he told me they'd had to have their little dog put to sleep. Your dad is most probably asking himself a lot of questions today, also if his step-dad was not nice to him he might be feeling a sense of relief and that emotion is making him then feel guilty for being that way. The advice to have a catch up with him if you are able to sound like a great one. I hope you're okay?
Yes, I think it’s a lot of weird emotions that none of us quite understand. I’m okay, I’ve never had anything to do with his step dad and he was only mentioned a handful of times to me. I’m sad about it but not in a grieving sense??
Would just love to be able to go and give my Dad a hug 🙁

Got a meal out of the freezer ready for tonight (left over portion from a while ago) so I’m not tempted to do the usual eating feelings with a takeaway 😂

• Heart
So we are 26 days into the new years and I am still doing my health kick, have to admit some days are better than others but it is always in my mind and I am really proud that I haven't given up yet. I could be better but I am definitely better than what I was.

Barely any crisps which I used to be awful for. I would say I have probably had total of about 5 bags in the past 2/3 weeks. My fizzy drink intake has been seriously cut also.. I was having one every day in work..! Now I have green tea and fill a 750ml flask with diluted juice or I bring in sparkling water. I also bought a new blender which comes with the bottles attached ready to take into work, today's had water, frozen strawberries and 2 scoops of protein powder. Really enjoyed it. I have cut out snacking in work too, so I bring a yogurt in or some water biscuits and a small amount of low fat butter. We drink once a week and i have went from drinking wine or beer to vodka, soda water and lime. We have cut down on our takeaways too and will only have one maybe on a Sunday, it depends how hungover my partner is! I have the app to track what I am eating, and have set myself a certain amount of calories to have each day. I seem to get bang on target or just under every day bar a few where I have been just slightly over. I just need to not get hung up on the scales.

I feel great, I feel positive and I feel really determined. Normally by now I would have given up. It isn't life changing changes that I have made but its a start x

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had a good eating day yesterday - had tuna and sweetcorn salad, first salad in like forever and I enjoyed it - felt good not to eat a big dinner. 😊 I woke feeling much less bloated, so the previous week was baffling as I was very bloated, had lots of trapped wind and didn't know why, but I still feel good today and after sticking to 9 stone -9 stone 1, I'm now 8 stone 12 3/4! 😃 I'm having another salad today and soup tonight, trying to eat less stodgy food, but more of a variety, such as different things with a salad. I've done a food menu and tomorrow I'm trying a sweet chilli chicken wrap, scrambled eggs on toast on Thursday, low fat sausages on Friday, salmon on Saturday and sardines on toast on Sunday. Who knows what by strange body will bring this week as I'm having lots of different symptoms that aren't making me feel good, but I'm just glad I feel better and that my weight is dropping as I felt so anxious about it on Sunday. 😞 I'm going to take each day as it comes and just do my best. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel great, I feel positive and I feel really determined. Normally by now I would have given up. It isn't life changing changes that I have made but its a start x
This is so great, and they are life changing changes!! Like you said, you’d usually have given up now. The fact you are still going, in January, in a pandemic, speaks for itself. Every little helps I think! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Tried to do a Zumba workout on Amazon prime last night, but I think it was for old people, not that that matters to me lol, but I didn’t realise the whole first video was just about learning the moves and I’m not instantly a pro at them and I don’t think I have the patience to do it 🥺

This is so great, and they are life changing changes!! Like you said, you’d usually have given up now. The fact you are still going, in January, in a pandemic, speaks for itself. Every little helps I think! 😊
Aw thank you! I think its so easy to just get into a slump, see no changes on the scales, etc and just give up then go back into old habits, grab a can of coke or a bag of crisps and comfort eat my feelings lol but that is what I have always done so determined to stick with it and I do feel so much better for it.. I am sure if I stick at it I will see changes, it took a while to put the extra weight on so it won't just drop off after cutting a few things from the diet but to stick with it, Rome wasn't built in a day! I hate the person in the mirror staring back at me and I want to feel confident again in myself and in certain clothes especially coming into Summer. I will start going on runs/walks when I build my confidence a little, and I am doing that by going on the exercise bike as often as I can. I initially started it after cruel words from an ex to try and hurt me but now I am doing it for me and that is the main thing. Glad I can come back on here and post how I am getting on too! 😌

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This week I’ve decided to count out every single gram of food to work out calories (just been estimating the past few weeks). Wow what a shock 😂 who knew that a tbsp of olive oil had 123 cals in it 😅 lesson learnt!

Edit: fish cakes are super low cal if anyone needs ideas for something that is really yummy. The Tesco finest sweet chilli cod + sweet potato ones hit the spot tonight 👌🏼 202kcals.
exCUSE ME? Good grief, I give up, I'm starting calorie counting until I actually know what I'm eating. This is preposterous 😂

Today went down the drain a bit in the afternoon. Went on a walk and my breakfast and lunch were decent but I had a bag of crisps (small bag), a few pieces of chocolate, a 250ml bottle of very sweet ginger ale and a bowl of rice with no protein or veggies in the span of a few hours. Not sure what triggered me but I have a suspect. Yesterday I had 43 grams (!!) of crisps, I even went to the trouble of weighing them and counting the calories (188 yikes) which wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things but with junk like this, once I start, I keep going even though I don't even really enjoy it.

Now that it's out there, I'm going back on the diet. Guilt pushes me into some disordered behaviours and I don't want to struggle with that again.

• Haha
  • Heart
@Jellybeansoup run 2 completed. More upbeat music was helpful as was going before breakfast/I’d eaten anything. Still finding that I’m struggling with the last 2 runs, got a stitch this time. Perhaps I’m not warming up enough. Just have to decide when to do run 3 for this week.

Have to say I do feel better for the exercise. I’m even considering doing a couple of videos at home which is quite unheard of for me!

well done!! A great playlist makes all the difference for sure :) amazing I feel like were both starting to have the runners bug now.

yesterday was run 3 for me I’m really starting to get into the groove, and agree I’ve just bought an exercise mat so I can do some workouts on the in between days (necessary purchase as I have parquet floors and they’re a killer on the knees 😂)

so pleased we’re keeping each other motivated

Reactions: 6
Exciting delivery!! Going to save them for the weekend but plan on using one base for pizza and one for pancakes I saw on Instagram🤩 wasn’t going to get the brownie mix after mixed reviews but so many people on Instagram love them so thought I might as well try since I was paying delivery!

Attachments

exCUSE ME? Good grief, I give up, I'm starting calorie counting until I actually know what I'm eating. This is preposterous 😂

Today went down the drain a bit in the afternoon. Went on a walk and my breakfast and lunch were decent but I had a bag of crisps (small bag), a few pieces of chocolate, a 250ml bottle of very sweet ginger ale and a bowl of rice with no protein or veggies in the span of a few hours. Not sure what triggered me but I have a suspect. Yesterday I had 43 grams (!!) of crisps, I even went to the trouble of weighing them and counting the calories (188 yikes) which wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things but with junk like this, once I start, I keep going even though I don't even really enjoy it.

Now that it's out there, I'm going back on the diet. Guilt pushes me into some disordered behaviours and I don't want to struggle with that again.
Honestly it is absolutely eye opening when you start weighing everything 😅 I’m having a very stern word with myself about getting obsessed but a few weeks just to see things like that is definitely worth it I reckon, especially if you’re not shifting weight or not as much as you’d expect.

Another example: was going to have a halloumi wrap today, I guesstimated I would have like 150g of halloumi ...it was well over 300cals. FUMIMG. I love halloumi. Had 50 measly grams instead 😂

Came in just under my calories today which I’m happy with because I was a few over yesterday. Have started doing 5k every day and arms/abs/legs one a night. My partner is doing the same so it’s super motivating, love getting the kids outside as much as possible too. Had a bit of a wobble this afternoon when I looked at my weight loss week by week, especially as I weigh so much I sort of expected it to come off a bit quicker? But calorie counting has really shown I was probably WAY over with my guesstimates and I’m glad I’m losing it safely and slowly rather than fast then piling it all back on in a week. Have said after 25lbs I’m going to treat myself to some new work out stuff then 40lbs an Apple Watch as my Fitbit is so old now and on its way out...definitely keeping me motivated 😍

Hope everyone’s having a good week so far 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Got myself a FitBit last week and it has changed my daily routines. I'm obsessed with getting up and getting my steps in! I am quite active in my job (on my feet all day) so I'm getting at least 12-14k steps in work. I've also been walking about an hour or so each day. Did a HIIT this morning and my God it was brutal super tough but a great playlist and the thoughts of fitting into all of my lovely trousers again was enough to push me through 🤣 I have me weigh in tomorrow for my fitness plan and I think I should get it too an even 70kg :D

Hope you're all pushing through! Now if only I could resist a packet of crisps!

Exciting delivery!! Going to save them for the weekend but plan on using one base for pizza and one for pancakes I saw on Instagram🤩 wasn’t going to get the brownie mix after mixed reviews but so many people on Instagram love them so thought I might as well try since I was paying delivery!
Omgggg mine came today too 😂 pizza at the weekend, can’t wait!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.