Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m seconding this, I’ve just come on and am interested to see what it’s done to the scales tomorrow.. if there wasn’t a great loss or god forbid a gain, that would really demotivate me, at least I know to expect it now!

I did feel weirdly bloated yesterday 🤔 like my engagement ring was tighter than it has been for the past couple of weeks. Hmm.

Reactions: 3
Ordered myself a new scale which has reviews of being accurate and consistent, as opposed to my current one which has mood swings more often than I do frankly. I'm saving my weighing for its arrival.

Had a breakfast of a scrambled egg, 6 olives, a piece of cheese and 1 small alice of bread 😬 It takes some willpower not to go for a second+ slice but it's working and I don't feel stuffed in the mornings anymore.

Finally cleaning my tip of a bedroom but it's taking a lot of convincing myself so I had a cup of nescafe with some milk and the leftover half of a mille-feuille. Not at all diet friendly but it's meant to fuel me for this day of dusting and decluttering I just do not have the mental energy for so it's been a compromise. Since I stopped having something sweet for breakfast (some jam/marmalade/honey with toast was my usual wrap-up) I can almost pretend it balances out lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We’ve had a load of snow here and I hate snow, yet I’m considering going for a walk in it. I don’t know who i’ve become! 😂

• Haha
Another day of rain and snow here, looks like no walk for me 😩 this weightloss thing will be so much easier in summer when I don’t want to eat stodgy food and can easily go for a walk every day

ETA - my Instagram is now full of calorie counting accounts for meal inspo. I know a few people on here have said the scales haven’t moved. No change in the scales between each picture but she looks so different 😦 I think I might start taking measurements as well as weighing.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Hey running buddy 👋🏻 I went for a long walk today as I met with my brother who’d borrowed a neighbour’s dog. Going to do my first run tomorrow if the snow being suggested is really more like sleet. I doubt if it will settle so Monday at the latest. Glad your second run was better, I guess it helps that mentally you know what’s coming. I’m going to have to make sure I warm up and stretch well: could feel it in my calves after today’s (fast) walk.
ouch! Well done on the huge walk though - must’ve been good if you felt it in your calves after! Good luck and don’t forget to warm down too if you do go, that was my mistake last time and I felt the DOMS in my thighs the next day 🥴 x

Reactions: 1
ouch! Well done on the huge walk though - must’ve been good if you felt it in your calves after! Good luck and don’t forget to warm down too if you do go, that was my mistake last time and I felt the DOMS in my thighs the next day 🥴 x
Just got back from my first run. As it’s been snowing I thought I would put it off until tomorrow but realised I was just stalling. It was a bit slippery and I’ve realised just how unfit I am, but it wasn’t totally awful. Definitely need to warm up more and get a playlist that’s a bit more upbeat to listen to. Pleased I’ve done it though.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just got back from my first run. As it’s been snowing I thought I would put it off until tomorrow but realised I was just stalling. It was a bit slippery and I’ve realised just how unfit I am, but it wasn’t totally awful. Definitely need to warm up more and get a playlist that’s a bit more upbeat to listen to. Pleased I’ve done it though.
congrats for going! The stalling is the hardest part for me too lol but it’s so worth it once you get out there. Well done 👍🏻

Argh. Sorry guys, my weigh day was yesterday but I had the covid vaccine on Friday night (I’m a covid vaccinator so had one at the end of my shift) and had a horrible reaction to it. Yesterday was awful but feeling a bit better today so managed to weigh myself. I didn’t eat anything yesterday but according to the scales I’ve lost 2lb so 5lb altogether. I need to be careful when I start eating again 😬 I hope everyone is doing ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I've been a bit bowel-related bunged up this week and have eaten a lot of fibre-heavy foods with not much of a result, so maybe that's why I've gained 1.5 pounds? I've bought lactulose so will start that tomorrow to help me on my way as I've got a history of constipation. I feel fed up as I'm sticking to my calories, so don't know what to do to get a few more pounds off (5lbs at the most) as I'm sticking to CC, drinking water and walking most days. 😞 Maybe I need to eat more salads and vary my foods more, I just don't know. I wish I was in work so that I'd not be thinking about food so much and walking a lot more, I feel stuck in a rut.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I wish I was in work so that I'd not be thinking about food so much and walking a lot more, I feel stuck in a rut.
Agree on this, I’m WFH and have been since last April as we’re not allowed to go back into the office. Used to do at least 10k steps a day just commuting, walking round the office. Miss the rigour of office working and not being able to just pop into the kitchen for a snack.

Reactions: 5
Agree on this, I’m WFH and have been since last April as we’re not allowed to go back into the office. Used to do at least 10k steps a day just commuting, walking round the office. Miss the rigour of office working and not being able to just pop into the kitchen for a snack.
Yes, I feel the same! I work in retail, so I'm on my feet all day and it makes a difference! I walk about 20 minutes to the bus stop and back, then a good 25 minutes to work and back, so with the rushing around in work, it all adds up. I can only try my best and if I cant lose much weight and just maintain as best as I can, maybe I can lose the weight once I'm back in work, hopefully after Easter. 😊

Reactions: 2
Managed another long walk today, and we adapted our favourite recipe to reduce the calories so I’m floating on a pasta high 😂

Nervous to see if I’ve gained tomorrow morning due to my cycle though 😬😬

Managed another long walk today, and we adapted our favourite recipe to reduce the calories so I’m floating on a pasta high 😂

Nervous to see if I’ve gained tomorrow morning due to my cycle though 😬😬
What recipe did you make? I'm planning to have some pasta tomorrow but not set on what to have yet.

Think today’s the first day I’ve been super hungry in a few weeks, have just wanted to eat everything but been at work so I couldn’t. Given myself a massive headache!! Grrrrr. Think it’s because my body is so used to intermittent fasting and I ate much earlier than usual this morning. Not making that mistake again!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Im back on the healthy eating... Iv lost 2 stone 6lbs since September. Lost 1 stone 4 of that that during pregnancy...
anyway Iv had a week now of eating all the rubbish I can get my hands on and now I’m back on healthy from tommorow. I wanna do another stone atleast if not two would be great!!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
What recipe did you make? I'm planning to have some pasta tomorrow but not set on what to have yet.
Bolognese ragu 😍 I used lean bacon and a mix of lean beef and turkey mince, then passata, 150ml red wine and soffrito (diced carrots, onion and celery). Simmer for a couple of hours, topping up with beef stock, and finish off with 100ml skimmed milk. It’s a legit recipe that we got on a food tour in Bologna.. honestly the best.

Or you could make a pasta bake? I’m having chicken, pasta and a jar of ratatouille tomorrow - effortless. Might top with a few breadcrumbs and some light mozzarella 🤔

I’ve also bought some reduced fat pesto in this weeks food shop so looking forward to trying that with some butterflied chicken and a rocket salad.

Can you tell I like pasta? 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ This is why I have so much weight to lose haha

• Heart
Does anyone have any healthy tips to get rid of cravings? I just never feel full!

Reactions: 1
Has anyone done Slimfast in between calorie counting as a quick fix? Im feeling upset as I want to lose 5-6lbs and get rid of the bloat there come over me this past week and a half, so was thinking of purchasing a shake bundle box and have one instead of breakfast and my evening meal for a week, see if it helps.... 🤔

Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread, just started my weight loss journey in January after years of
failed dieting attempts and especially after gaining far too much weight in 2020. I am currently down 5.5lbs, and hope to lose 60 by december this year.

I have just graduated with a degree in food science and nutrition so if anyone ever has any queries feel free to ask and I can advise you in any way I can :) I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's progress this year as well as learning some tips to stay on track and getting some meal inspo!!

Reactions: 12
Only -1lbs for me this week bringing my total to -8lbs. Obviously nice to see higher numbers but a loss is a loss and I want to lose the weight slowly so that it stays off so I’m still happy. Planned some better meals this week than I had last (besides payday McDonald’s😋) so hopefully I’ll see more of a loss this week!! Last week of Jan ladies and month 1 is over for a lot of us⭐

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.