Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember a WW leader telling me one time that if you really fancy some chocolate or sweets, then brush your teeth, you likely won't want it then, or maybe eat a pickled onion (no one will want you in that case LOL).

Hi everyone, I've joined you today if that's okay? Having somewhere to check in with and hopefully keep motivated will be a good thing. You're all doing so well already.
The brushing teeth is such a good idea, never thought of that before!! That’d give a good hour where I wouldn’t want anything. Will have to try it!

Reactions: 4
Anyone have a particular place website/book they use for lower calorie meal ideas!!

Reactions: 3
Anyone have a particular place website/book they use for lower calorie meal ideas!!
If you are following the rules of Slimming World then you'll find plenty of recipes on the Two Chubby Cubs website, there's an endless list. They've a couple of cookbooks out too but the recipes are available free on the website. https://twochubbycubs.com/

There is this place too https://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/recipes/calorie-counted/recipes.htm
or this https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/healthy/best-ever-easy-52-recipes-under-500-calories/

Reactions: 2
I quite like slimming eats used a few of their recipes. Also apparently skinny taste is good but I haven't used that as much.

Went for a crunchy walk in the compacted snow!!! Gave my thighs a work out!!
Had a bit of a relaxed weekend, back on it this week. Just signed up for a full year of Nutracheck,love it !!!
Have 144 calories left after meal planning, so if I get the munchies later I can keep on track!

Reactions: 8
I remember a WW leader telling me one time that if you really fancy some chocolate or sweets, then brush your teeth, you likely won't want it then, or maybe eat a pickled onion (no one will want you in that case LOL).

Hi everyone, I've joined you today if that's okay? Having somewhere to check in with and hopefully keep motivated will be a good thing. You're all doing so well already.
Hello 😃 and good luck to you. 😊

I tend to drink water when I'm really peckish as it makes me feel full, plus I'm too busy to eat as I'm peeing a lot! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I love slimming eats website for slimming specific recipes. I also have the Jamie Oliver 7 Ways cookbook, which while isn’t a healthy eating cookbook specifically, it lists the calories of the meals which makes it easy to plan into my day. Often I’ll swap things in the recipes for lighter versions (e.g. fat free yoghurt, 5% mince etc).

New to this thread, i'm trying to follow the slimming world plan (unofficially) in 3 weeks i've lost 2.5 pounds - i was hoping for quite a bit more but i suppose it's better than nothing. I think i need to ramp up my exersise by walking more maybe on top of the SW plan!

Edit: Hoping to lose 2 stone

Reactions: 11
New to this thread, i'm trying to follow the slimming world plan (unofficially) in 3 weeks i've lost 2.5 pounds - i was hoping for quite a bit more but i suppose it's better than nothing. I think i need to ramp up my exersise by walking more maybe on top of the SW plan!

Edit: Hoping to lose 2 stone
Hi lovely, welcome! Have you considered changing SW for calorie counting? Maybe read back through the thread and look at pros and cons to both and read peoples reviews of SW. I find calorie counting much easier to do re: portion control, it may be why you’ve not lost as much as you wanted to? 3.5lbs is fab though in 3 weeks! 1lb a week! Good luck xx

Reactions: 10
May have found a game changer. Crackers and cheese are my downfall. I love cream crackers but they're 35 kcal per cracker and I can eat it in like 3 bites. Just tried the ryviya three cheese thins and they're so good, taste like cheese twists. They're only 29kcal and you don't need to add cheese on top.

Only issue is they're quite expensive at £2 a box. However my shopping bill has gone down overall so I'm just going to buy them anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
May have found a game changer. Crackers and cheese are my downfall. I love cream crackers but they're 35 kcal per cracker and I can eat it in like 3 bites. Just tried the ryviya three cheese thins and they're so good, taste like cheese twists. They're only 29kcal and you don't need to add cheese on top.

Only issue is they're quite expensive at £2 a box.
I love hearing about these new products. Always helpful. I thought I was being ingenious by getting the McVities digestive thins thinking they’d be a good cheat swap if I wanted something sweet. Sadly 2 are 3 WW points.

Re: your Ryvita cheese thins - might be worth checking out Aldi or Lidl as they often have dupes for big brand stuff.

Just made a weightloss Instagram to document my journey on there. I’m finding Instagram amazing for recipe ideas and motivation seeing the success of others! Who knew my social media addiction would be helpful 😂
Had a good day so far and haven’t really felt hungry which is a sign my meals have been well planned to fill me up! Definitely learning as I go in terms of what fills me and what doesn’t but I’m getting there!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Only issue is they're quite expensive at £2 a box. However my shopping bill has gone down overall so I'm just going to buy them anyway.
These sounds so good! Love cheese twists and I think I’m missing pastry more than anything else during all this! Sausage rolls 😭😭

I love hearing about these new products. Always helpful. I thought I was being ingenious by getting the McVities digestive thins thinking they’d be a good cheat swap if I wanted something sweet. Sadly 2 are 3 WW points.

Re: your Ryvita cheese thins - might be worth checking out Aldi or Lidl as they often have dupes for big brand stuff.
That is a good shout! I have a Lidl where I live so I'll need to check it out the next shop!
These sounds so good! Love cheese twists and I think I’m missing pastry more than anything else during all this! Sausage rolls 😭😭
I feel you, I like to go to my local butcher's to get my meat and all the pastries and sausage rolls are staring at me. I guess I could have one but nothing else with dinner. However that does not bring me joy 😂

Reactions: 1
Week 1 done and lost 4 pounds! Well, 2 if I am counting from my original starting weight. I assume the other 2 was just bloating from being on me period! I even had some waffles and a take away this week and some wine etc but made better overal choices I guess...

Definitely needed this thread to keep me accountable but Motivated now to stay on track!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hey girls, week 4 and I’ve lost 10 pounds and 5 inches of both of my arms! 🤯 I’m absolutely loving the YouTube workouts especially the dance ones someone posted I forget I’m exercising which is SO unlike me 😂 also the 10 Kcal jellies which are actually 3/4 calories are my saviour 🤤 taste so sweet yum! You’re all doing so well, when I posted in this group at the beginning I didn’t think I’d even last a day! Cheers to a new week everyone

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I had a bad food day yesterday but I was hormonal and I just needed comfort food. Stuck to meal times just ate more food than I would have done. But it’s one day, and on to a better week ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This week I’ve decided to count out every single gram of food to work out calories (just been estimating the past few weeks). Wow what a shock 😂 who knew that a tbsp of olive oil had 123 cals in it 😅 lesson learnt!

Edit: fish cakes are super low cal if anyone needs ideas for something that is really yummy. The Tesco finest sweet chilli cod + sweet potato ones hit the spot tonight 👌🏼 202kcals.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This week I’ve decided to count out every single gram of food to work out calories (just been estimating the past few weeks). Wow what a shock 😂 who knew that a tbsp of olive oil had 123 cals in it 😅 lesson learnt!
Absolutely, it’s a lesson learned for me too!!

This is why I think it’s so important to calorie count, even if it’s just for a few weeks whilst you get used to the amounts. When I think back how I used to cook, I could easily end up with 300/400 calories of olive oil alone in a dinner, or a couple of hundred drizzled on a caprese salad 😬

I know it’s not the worst thing you could have but it doesn’t exactly fill you up! I’d rather use frylight and eat the calories elsewhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Has anyone done Slimfast in between calorie counting as a quick fix? Im feeling upset as I want to lose 5-6lbs and get rid of the bloat there come over me this past week and a half, so was thinking of purchasing a shake bundle box and have one instead of breakfast and my evening meal for a week, see if it helps.... 🤔
I do it because I genuinely cannot tolerate food first thing in the morning (well, before about 11.30am) and if I don't, I either get a headache or, as I did last time I tried being sensible, my legs give out on me (partly POTS related lack of salt/moody blood pressure). I don't particularly like them as they're so sweet, but I can tolerate them - just about - before leaving for the bus at around 6.15am.

Was in the office today and for the rest of the week. Already done triple my maximum step count and distance compared to the last month, and it was a slow, dragging, almost agonisingly boring day.

Unfortunately, I had too much to eat when I got home (Burns Night, obvs), and I was so knackered and bloated that I had to enlist Mr D to help me get my two pairs of trousers off (it's bloody cold walking from the bus stop to where I work at 6.30am). But, on the other hand, I could fit two pairs of trousers on at once instead of barely managing the single pair that normal people wear...

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.