Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1lb on for me this week. I feel ok about it though. I have lost a fair amount now and I think maybe I needed a while putting less focus on calories? Like having a bit of a break from it as I've been at it a while now. I haven't been eating wildly badly or anything but not really counting much and no walking or anything as the weather has been so horrid! Do want to get back on it now and get the last 10 ish lbs off though and hopefully will be easier to get outside now it's getting lighter out, thank God!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
How much grams do people weight for spaghetti portion? I weighed 110g and it was close to 350 calories 😱 that’s before sauce!! When I weighed it didn’t look like a lot but when it was cooked on the plate it was! Maybe about 90g would be better... does anyone know?
I usually weigh out 75g each and I just make sure that it's bulked out with veggies. So for example I made a pasta bake for last night and tonight and put in 400g broccoli and some other green veg and it's pretty darn filling!

Although definitely takes some getting used to after how big my portions used to be!

----

Today has been ok, I always struggle with weekends as I'm not distracted with work. Usually I just have coffee and wait until lunch time. Whereas this morning I was ravenous, however we are doing a lot of DIY so I was able to distract myself with some painting! So far had some potato waffles and eggs which is a fave of mine especially when I have nice farm eggs from the local farm so the yolks are so bright!

Reactions: 1
Chinese tonight for tea. Hopefully I can resist being a greedy fucker and having 3 full plates 🙈 Were just trying to decided what to drop from the order.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Frustratingly despite walking over 12k steps every day and having a huge calorie deficit daily I’ve only lost 1.2lbs this week. I’m due on in a few days though so think I’m retaining water. I’m not going to get derailed though as I’m in for the long haul here and a small loss is still a loss 🤷🏼‍♀️
It took me literally years to figure out that I can lose weight fairly easily in the first two weeks of my cycle and then despite keeping to the same eating plan, will struggle to lose even 1lb over the whole of the second two weeks. Hopefully you'll have a big whoosh of weight loss once you come on. I've been stuck between 10st 11.4lbs and 10st 11.0lbs for the last fortnight, came on this morning and the scales said 10st 10.4lb - as long as I don't eat anything stupid, I should now see steady loss for a bit.

Reactions: 9
Frustratingly despite walking over 12k steps every day and having a huge calorie deficit daily I’ve only lost 1.2lbs this week. I’m due on in a few days though so think I’m retaining water. I’m not going to get derailed though as I’m in for the long haul here and a small loss is still a loss 🤷🏼‍♀️
If you keep going through your period you will probably get a huge loss after. I don’t have periods anymore with the pill I’m on but I used to gain 6 lbs like clockwork the days before it started! Really wreaks havoc with your weight I always found

• Wow
Reactions: 6
@Jellybeansoup I’m going to start it at the weekend so we can be virtual running buddies if you like. I’m sure I’ll find it tough - work has been so full on that I’ve not even been doing my 10k steps a day!
did you manage to get out today? I just completed run 2 on C25K, much better than run 1 thankfully else i reckon I’d have sacked it in completely 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 5
did you manage to get out today? I just completed run 2 on C25K, much better than run 1 thankfully else i reckon I’d have sacked it in completely 🥴
Hey running buddy 👋🏻 I went for a long walk today as I met with my brother who’d borrowed a neighbour’s dog. Going to do my first run tomorrow if the snow being suggested is really more like sleet. I doubt if it will settle so Monday at the latest. Glad your second run was better, I guess it helps that mentally you know what’s coming. I’m going to have to make sure I warm up and stretch well: could feel it in my calves after today’s (fast) walk.

Reactions: 2
I've stayed the same this week! Been a bit inactive on here as I'm back at work on 13 hour shifts. I've worked out my TDEE according to my latest weight and am going to try zigzag calorie counting so I'll be eating a bit more on the weekends as I feel this will work well for me. Still haven't decided whether I want to lose half a stone or a stone so 7lbs is my first goal:giggle: hope you're all well! I'm going to start trying to ease myself back into running, covid has knocked me for six a bit and I'm struggling with fatigue (I'm only 26!)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So I finally downloaded Nutracheck - I was so confused that everyone was saying it was better because I had downloaded Nutritrack instead, doh! To be fair I didn't realise Nutracheck app is actually called Calorie Counter. But wow what a difference! To be honest I'm not in love with the interface, the font is very big compared to MFP...but I do love that everything seems more tailored for the UK, and it has dried pasta/rice values etc which I always avoided tbh because I couldn't be bothered trying to work out the dry/wet difference. Will give it a go for a week and see how I get on!

Reactions: 8
So I finally downloaded Nutracheck - I was so confused that everyone was saying it was better because I had downloaded Nutritrack instead, doh! To be fair I didn't realise Nutracheck app is actually called Calorie Counter. But wow what a difference! To be honest I'm not in love with the interface, the font is very big compared to MFP...but I do love that everything seems more tailored for the UK, and it has dried pasta/rice values etc which I always avoided tbh because I couldn't be bothered trying to work out the dry/wet difference. Will give it a go for a week and see how I get on!
LOL. I’ve just had a look and I’ve done exactly the same! I was thinking eh what’s all the fuss about? Where’s all the pictures? Will have another look now 😅😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
today i really wanted to smoke 🤪
but tomorrow i will be closing in on another smoke free week and after the next week it will be a month so i'm motivating myself!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I just want to learn how to be able to control my emotions rather than have them control me, or at least channel them into something more positive. Does anyone have any tips on overcoming emotional eating?
this is my biggest issue also! and this release used to be smoking 🤪
so i've been thinking about this a lot and i think the only solution is to fix whatever is causing the emotions... tough

Reactions: 3
Sorry to be a downer again but this morning went great calorie wise and I felt full of the joys of spring (or winter, technically) and ready to smash the weekend then I had a lunch-time phonecall with my homophobic family (going no contact isn't an option, it's a very small family and if I lose the worst one I lose everyone else), my mood plummeted to rock bottom and I've just eaten all evening. The food hasn't even made me feel better, it's just made me feel worse. It hasn't even been nice food.

I just want to learn how to be able to control my emotions rather than have them control me, or at least channel them into something more positive. Does anyone have any tips on overcoming emotional eating?
So sorry you’ve had to deal with that :( the only thing that really helps me with emotional eating is focusing on, as you say, knowing that it won’t help. All that will happen is I will still be sad after but also feel sick and bloated. It’s easier said than done but try to do something else to take your mind off it. I find going for a walk to blow off steam actually helps a lot more than eating.

Usually on a Saturday we have takeaway with our bubble so I just have porridge around lunch time then wait until dinner so I can use up my calories and not feel too guilty about going over and I said to myself “ok, just have a kebab with no pitta or chips just salad and light mayo”. Well.......one kebab with pitta, chips, salad, mayo, half a lamb donner kebab that my brother didn’t want, a McDonald’s milkshake and apple pie later..........🤢 feeling slightly (very) unwell 😂 trying not to regret it though, having a day off calorie counting is actually quite good sometimes. Going to try and get a big walk in before work tomorrow 😂

Ready to smash the next week, want another big loss so I can get down to my Happy Scale milestone 2 of 264 lbs which will be nearly 20lbs off 😊

• Heart
the only thing that really helps me with emotional eating is focusing on, as you say, knowing that it won’t help. All that will happen is I will still be sad after but also feel sick and bloated.
Thanks, I managed to throw out the rest of the food I was eating and I'm feeling a bit better now. Tomorrow is another day - onwards and upwards.

Or, in our cases, onwards and downwards!

• Heart
Thanks, I managed to throw out the rest of the food I was eating and I'm feeling a bit better now. Tomorrow is another day - onwards and upwards.

Or, in our cases, onwards and downwards!
I hope you're feeling better today. I can totally relate, food is my comfort blanket too and it's a familiar pattern. What I did/do is remind myself how the food made me feel after I've binged because of stress, by writing down how I'm feeling afterwards. It literally never makes anything better but I forget and go for it again the next time I'm upset. And taking ten seconds before hitting the food and distracting myself with another stimulant helped as well. I either wash my face with cold water or smell something nice that isn't connected to food, like lavender or some shower gel I like. Or I play some video game that'll completely take my mind off it. It takes a while to get past that "hysteria" mindset for me but I found distraction works the best as opposed to when I tried to argue with myself about what not to do because I was still focusong on food. After a while the brain catches up with the fact that overeating isn't the go-to solution. I still have ups and downs with it but I do my best anf most of the time, it's okay. Even if you mess up once or twice, it's not the end of the world.

• Heart
I've been stuck between 10st 11.4lbs and 10st 11.0lbs for the last fortnight, came on this morning and the scales said 10st 10.4lb - as long as I don't eat anything stupid, I should now see steady loss for a bit.
Sorry for quoting myself, but just to prove my point, 1.4lbs of water retention has vanished in the last 24 hours, now 10st 9lbs and back into the 'healthy' BMI band :D (Still have 16lbs to lose to get to my goal though!)

Reactions: 12
Sorry for quoting myself, but just to prove my point, 1.4lbs of water retention has vanished in the last 24 hours, now 10st 9lbs and back into the 'healthy' BMI band :D (Still have 16lbs to lose to get to my goal though!)
That’s great! Gonna bare this in mind when I weigh tomorrow morning 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.