Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
for me this is my boyfriend! :rolleyes: he's always ''joining me on the health journey'' and then buys crisps to eat while i'm chewing on my carrot
😂😂 makes it so much harder doesnt it!!
I don’t live with my boyfriend so haven’t been able to see much of him because of covid but I’m just praying my will power continues 😂 he says now that he’ll join me and eat healthy at the weekends with me as opposed to our usual takeaway but I just know he’s going to try and get me to cave🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 4
for me this is my boyfriend! :rolleyes: he's always ''joining me on the health journey'' and then buys crisps to eat while i'm chewing on my carrot
My husband
"Yea yea yea Im going to start eating healthy with you because I need to get rid of my tummy. So no more tit for me im on it now with you. 5 hours later.... fancy a pizza for dinner"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My husband
"Yea yea yea Im going to start eating healthy with you because I need to get rid of my tummy. So no more tit for me im on it now with you. 5 hours later.... fancy a pizza for dinner"
SAME!!!

Last night we had a lovely and healthy grilled chicken, broccoli and asparagus dish which he did enjoy. Got to half nine, he scuttled off and reappeared 15 minutes later with a Coop Irresistible margherita pizza that he'd smuggled in :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
SAME!!!

Last night we had a lovely and healthy grilled chicken, broccoli and asparagus dish which he did enjoy. Got to half nine, he scuttled off and reappeared 15 minutes later with a Coop Irresistible margherita pizza that he'd smuggled in :LOL: :LOL:
I got a "Chinese for tea?" Text this morning before 9am 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Evening.

I went through the stats on my food diary since I started and then back calculated what I may have lost if it's accurate, I'm accurate, ceteris paribus, shares may go up and down, etc, etc. IF all went as recorded, I may have lost five pounds/2kg. But I won't know until the random happenstance that I get near a pair of scales comes around again.

However, I blew the calorie budget today. Mr D's tendency to be an utter knob when he's dreaming has been keeping me awake/waking me up for three nights, culminating in last night's push-poke-kick-leg draped over-snatch the quilt-shoutathon, where I finally decamped to the living room rug. And after an entire 2.27 hours' sleep, he came downstairs to shake me awake to tell me that he was going to get up for work in another hour. I ate everything I could - pastry, bread, everything - so that I'd gone over my TDEE by 12.30pm.

Tonight, I intended to go to bed really early so I could get some sleep. He followed me in there because he's 'tired, too'. And he fell asleep immediately, whilst I was too wired to do that.

I'm back downstairs whilst the REM-addled twit is making sounds like ARRRUUUOOOOOODDHHGHGNGNNNNGGGGGGIOQPORUIOQUHADKK.

I swear this is how old people end up sleeping in separate rooms. Or houses. At the moment, separate counties appeals.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
How much grams do people weight for spaghetti portion? I weighed 110g and it was close to 350 calories 😱 that’s before sauce!! When I weighed it didn’t look like a lot but when it was cooked on the plate it was! Maybe about 90g would be better... does anyone know?

Reactions: 1
How much grams do people weight for spaghetti portion? I weighed 110g and it was close to 350 calories 😱 that’s before sauce!! When I weighed it didn’t look like a lot but when it was cooked on the plate it was! Maybe about 90g would be better... does anyone know?
I think we all cook too much pasta out of habit. I switched from spaghetti some years ago because of it, but if we do have it, I use a rough rule of take what you think is a small amount and then halve it. It's what I prefer about packets of Japanese noodles - there, they are banded together with a piece of paper to mark the portions. Other versions are a bunch about the thickness of your thumb or about 75g/3oz.

It's easier with shapes - a Japanese rice bowl or half a standard coffee mug (NOT a Sports Direct one!) gives plenty of dry pasta to serve two people when it's cooked. I had to come up with that one because Mr D doesn't trust 'a handful per person', but will accept a vessel being used that is almost exactly the same volume as two handfuls. And I do tend to add courgette chunks and other veg to the sauce to increase the amount visually.

Reactions: 4
Week 4 weigh in:

Week 1: -5
Week 2: -2
Week 3: -3
Week 4: -2

First stone, I'm coming for you! 💪

• Heart
Reactions: 23
@TheDragonWithAFlagon I feel your pain. Couldn’t drift off last night (well early this morning) because I’m finding I can’t switch my brain off, my partner is always out like a light. Then the snoring and other noises kick off.

I’ve woken up with really bad neck pain so I’m lying here listening to it again this morning. Just got scratched by some very long, gnarly toenails. If I manage to fall asleep again, when I do wake up I’ll be told that he’s really tired because he didn’t sleep well despite the fact he always seems to be out all night. Oh and he’s a duvet hog as well.

Reactions: 3
Pasta shapes I weigh out 60g-70g dry weight,for me that's plenty. Spaghetti I have a nifty little spaghetti measure thing. Basically a bit of metal with various holes in for different size portions that you shove the spaghetti in!!

Weigh in today and 1 lb off! Hubby been shopping today and knows am trying to shift a few pounds so comes back with two packs of hot cross buns!!😳 Even had the cheek to say " I know you'll tell me off but I couldn't resist!"
Fab!!
However worked out what I'm going to eat today on Nutracheck(o.m.g how fab is that app, do much easier than what I was using!) and although I will be over by 200 or do cals if I do add in an hours walk, I'm still below tdee, so I'll forgive him!!

Reactions: 11
from the last couple of posts i conclude we don't need to calorie count, we need to get rid of the husbands and boyfriends, it's all their fault 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
from the last couple of posts i conclude we don't need to calorie count, we need to get rid of the husbands and boyfriends, it's all their fault 😂
Not mine!! We’re both losing weight for our wedding so he’s fully on board and making my life easier, he has much more motivation to exercise than me as he’s kept up doing something since uni, whereas I stopped completely.. he’s dragging me along with him really 😂

I sympathise with you @TheDragonWithAFlagon i also had a crap night’s sleep last night 🤦🏻‍♀️ Stressing about said wedding. I did manage to drop back to sleep, and I’m going to get up now and make a Saturday morning treat brekkie - lean bacon medallion and hash brown sandwich 🤤 then off for a long walk.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Not mine!! We’re both losing weight for our wedding so he’s fully on board and making my life easier, he has much more motivation to exercise than me as he’s kept up doing something since uni, whereas I stopped.. he’s dragging me along with him really 😂
lucky woman!! would he mind shouting motivational quotes at me over facetime? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Guys guys guys! :D I know I was annoyed yesterday because the weight isn't coming off BUT I tried on my jeans (I ordered a 16 and a 14 and I usually wear 18s because a 16 is too small...) - size 16 skinny DP jeans, and they fit really comfortably! So yes, I think my body has definitely changed, even if I can't see it on the scales. Proper little mood booster that! :D

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Guys guys guys! :D I know I was annoyed yesterday because the weight isn't coming off BUT I tried on my jeans (I ordered a 16 and a 14 and I usually wear 18s because a 16 is too small...) - size 16 skinny DP jeans, and they fit really comfortably! So yes, I think my body has definitely changed, even if I can't see it on the scales. Proper little mood booster that! :D
Fantastic! Well done 👏🏻 dropping a dress size makes more of a difference mentally than a few pounds weight loss I reckon! Especially when it’s skinny jeans!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I haaaate when it rains at the weekend. I want to get out on a walk but it’s meant to rain until 2pm. By which time the county park will be flooded so I’ll only be able to walk round streets which is so boring 🤣 might do 2 online walks or something instead and then get out tomorrow. A walk is my only way to see my boyfriend at the minute so drives me mad when the weather ruins it and I am notttttt getting wet😅

Reactions: 2
I haaaate when it rains at the weekend. I want to get out on a walk but it’s meant to rain until 2pm. By which time the county park will be flooded so I’ll only be able to walk round streets which is so boring 🤣 might do 2 online walks or something instead and then get out tomorrow. A walk is my only way to see my boyfriend at the minute so drives me mad when the weather ruins it and I am notttttt getting wet😅
Oooh what's an online walk?

Reactions: 1
Week 3 weigh in and an unexpected 2.5lb loss, which is 8lb in total. Over the moon with this as I was expecting to have got over the initial water loss and fall into a 1lb-ish loss. Annoyed at the snow we’ve had though as saturday is my long walk day and it’s too icy to go out. Might try the indoor walking workout that was posted earlier in this thread instead.

really enjoying reading everyone’s stories on here. Everyone is so supportive, sharing tips and motivation. Keep going everyone! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.