Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Day two ended up going well - 1673 calories which is in my range - I had fruit, carrot soup, mccoys, toffee crisp and for tea I've got my pilaf mixture in some mini wraps. I'm going to focus on trying to complete or exceed the water and veg counters on the nutracheck app each day and 2/2 so far.

Reactions: 5
Thank you, I'm okay now! Hope the workout will be okay for you, it's still walking but because you're not moving from your spot too much I didn't find it puts too much weight on my ankle (which is also dodgy). x
Thanks for the recommendation, really happy with the workout and so was my Fitbit! Not bad for 20 mins 😁

Having beef and turkey chilli tonight with some extra vegetables and lentils in to bulk it out for leftovers. Torturous smelling it simmer on the hob whilst the other half does his workout though 😂

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Gone over my calories everyday this week but have stayed under my TDEE to lose 1lb so fingers crossed for weigh in on Saturday. Trying not to feel tit about it but feeling unwell, the weather and just general January-ness can be a bit much sometimes can’t it! Did get out for half an hour walk today though so that’s something positive.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've had an up and down week as we lost our dog on Tuesday evening, but I have managed to stick to my eating plan and I LOVE Nutracheck for that, so thank you whoever recommended it (sorry I can't remember!).

I'm definitely making better decisions with eating and I have been doing Couch to 5k / HIITs which I think are keeping me focused.

I'm down 4lb since the beginning of Jan which I'm happy with!

My goal is May, but I'm looking at it in 2 week chunks so I don't get overwhelmed and give up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Joining in the conversation about SW, I did it a couple of years ago and lost 3 stone which I kept off until lockdown. For me at first it was a really good way to start watching what I was eating - I’ve always had relatively healthy meals but snacks have derailed me. Starting off with not having to really worry about weighing stuff (obviously some things you still have to weigh on SW but not everything) and making sure I only had 15 “syns” worth of treats really worked for me.

I restarted SW in Nov last year, and found I wasn’t getting anywhere with it. Mostly because I wasn’t sticking to it. I’ve started calorie counting instead now, and I’m finding that now I have the foundations from my time with SW, calorie counting is much easier and far less restrictive. Yeah, I can’t eat unlimited amounts of pasta (lol) but I can have some oats for breakfast and a wrap or some bread with lunch within my calorie count. It’s making me realise that there are loads of foods I avoided unnecessarily on SW, which I’m really happy about.

The main thing that’s changed for me with calorie counting compared to when I tried calorie counting in the past (Pre SW) is I’m way more honest now. Before, I would totally look for the lowest number of calories associated to a food on My Fitness Pal and input that one (and wonder why I didn’t lose anything) whereas now I scan and weigh everything. Also figuring out my TDEE and basing calories from there is so much better for me than just going off what MFP suggested which was way too restrictive.

Weigh in tomorrow - hoping for another loss!

Reactions: 10
I have just weighed myself and lost 4ib this week. The changes I’ve made are (some amounts eg bread and cereal might seem high - it’s because I’m breastfeeding!):
-weighing my cereal - I have 50g of bite size shredded weight
-no drinking
-snacks are: banana, watermelon, apple, portion of broccoli
-1 cup of tea with milk and 1 cup of coffee with milk a day - rest of time stick to nettle or chamomile tea
- beans on toast or low fat soup for lunch with 3 slices of a small loaf of bread.
-I don’t calorie count my evening meal so I really look forward to it! Although obvs not having takeaway or Mac & cheese.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Happy Friday!
Also 4lbs down this week and now into my losing second stone 🥳 have been predominantly concerned about my fitness and physical changes to my body, so I’m trying not to get too preoccupied with the numbers.

Haven’t started calorie counting yet - just minimised my portions, no unhealthy snacks and i’ve been doing approx 1/2hrs of fast walking and dance online workouts 3 times a week. I don’t look as sexy as the instructors but it’s good fun, especially as someone who always uses the weather as an excuse to stay indoors 😂

Hoping to increase the exercise next week but more so to deal with work stress 😊

• Heart
Really bringing down my bread intake these past couple of days. I never noticed how much it weighed me down. Someone else said it perfectly on this thread before; I think I also mistook the feeing of being "full" as the only indicator of not being hungry anymore. Eating pretty much the same but going with smaller portions has been such a change. I'd usually eat twice the size of the cheese and definitely a slice or two more bread than I've had this morning but there was no need. I ate just enough and I'm still not hungry.

I also started having walnuts at breakfast to make up for the lack of bread in case it felt too empty and maybe that helps! I know they are high in calories but I'd rather have that as a small extra with a small slice of bread than just filling up on two huge slices.

Reactions: 8
-4lbs loss this week from last Friday (going by my happy scale app as I weigh everyday at the moment!) I’m so glad I have it and do weigh every day as it reminds me how far I’ve come, especially as my weight has fluctuated between 270 and 268 this week, but last Friday I was 274 so calling it a big win. Down 15lbs now anyway 😊 onto the next stone....only 6 more to go! 😬

Having some health issues at the moment which has really spurred me on to trying my best to live a healthier lifestyle and to get out walking (not just with the kids) at least 4 times a week rain or shine. Going to attempt to eat a few less fatty things this week too, even if they are in my calorie limit. Just need to get up and go! Hope everyone has a good weekend xxx

• Heart
Just done my first couch to 5k run and found it surprisingly difficult. Anyone got any tips on motivating myself for the next run on Friday? I find I get such anxiety before exercise and manage to put it off for so long. I know in the long run it will get easier as it has to, but my stamina is terrible.
I found it really hard, go slow. The guy who invented it say because just go faster than walking and keep repeating the weeks until you feel happy moving on.

• Heart
I know, and thank you 😘 just would like to be seeing it more quickly!
I'm with you as I've only lost five pounds in three weeks and have basically stagnated for the last 8 days losing nothing which has made it hard to stay motivated when you feel you're doing everything right but not seeing any results on the scales. But it's the long game and I'm trying to make lifestyle changes that I can actually keep up

I've started measuring myself which is helping me as even though the scales aren't moving that much, I'm very slightly losing on my waist etc.

Keep going! xx

• Heart
i'm not doing anything that involves numbers, i don't calorie count (don't even know how to 😂 ) and i don't weigh myself (don't own scales), now that i'm looking at all of your lovely and motivating posts i'm thinking i should change that!
only the weighing part though - i don't think i could do calorie counting as i have a lot of food allergies and intolerances so i just try to stick to that and that's already more than enough for me 😂

Reactions: 2
Reached mini goal #2 this morning which was to lose 5lbs overall. Mini goal #3 is 1/2 stone so only 2lbs to lose and that'll also take me under the 15st line - bring it on.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Anyone else looking forward to a nice treat this weekend? 🙌 I couldn't function without one haha

Anyone else looking forward to a nice treat this weekend? 🙌 I couldn't function without one haha
I’m doing ok at the moment but I’m forward planning as I know I’ll be desperate for a takeaway in a week or two so just been looking at the supermarket pizzas and dough balls and worked out I could probably have a good feast for around 1200-1500 calories. Which is a lot especially as I’m only allowing myself 1600 a day but that would include half a stuffed crust pizzas, some dough balls and maybe a low calorie chocolate type pudding dessert. If I order from our local pizza company I expect I put away double that 😬😬

I said that I’ll be having pay day takeaway so this time next week!!! It’s been a long 3 weeks without but I feel good for it and will have saved about £60! Planning on having. A McDonald’s🤩🤩 I live in a house share so shop/cook for myself which means when I order something like a Chinese it takes me at least 2 days to eat. Thought at least with a McDonald’s it’s over and done in one meal and I can then get back on track. I’m SO excited for it already😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.