Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2.5 off for me this week, I’m thrilled!

Well done to everyone else who has had losses and hang in there those who are disappointed. Stick with it and it will come!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m doing ok at the moment but I’m forward planning as I know I’ll be desperate for a takeaway in a week or two so just been looking at the supermarket pizzas and dough balls and worked out I could probably have a good feast for around 1200-1500 calories. Which is a lot especially as I’m only allowing myself 1600 a day but that would include half a stuffed crust pizzas, some dough balls and maybe a low calorie chocolate type pudding dessert. If I order from our local pizza company I expect I put away double that 😬😬
I wish I had that kind of self control!

Reactions: 4
Anyone else looking forward to a nice treat this weekend? 🙌 I couldn't function without one haha
We’re doing some new walks this weekend, and I thought about picking up a small cone or tray of chips from the chippy en route because that’s what I’m craving the most.. but I am a bit worried because I feel like it’ll be like pulling a skewer out of kerplunk and all the marbles come tumbling down 😂 I’ve always been an all or nothing kind of girl.. don’t think I’m ready yet.

Maybe a payday treat next weekend like @prinnygrace 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Anyone else looking forward to a nice treat this weekend? 🙌 I couldn't function without one haha
I'm having my first 'treat meal' tomorrow since I started back on January 6th! 😃😃 I'm not going mad, bought reduced fat beef burgers and less than 3% fat chips, so I'll have a lovely burger, chips and beans, followed by a sticky toffee pudding & custard for afters! 😋 Will be straight back on it Sunday and I'm trying to not weight for a week as I know it's been getting obsessive.🙄 I've lost 7lbs, but feel like I'm struggling to lose the last 4 pounds to get to my happy weight - sometimes you just stick, don't you? But I'll keep going 😊

• Heart
it’s all gone a bit wrong for me this week 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’ve stuck to my calories Monday and Wednesday so far but I have been an absolute emotional wreck this week due to pms which I think seems worse this month due to the lockdown. So I’ve not weighed today as I’ve started my period and know I’ll be heavier, cba with feeling down about it.

No motivation today tbh 😬 think I’m going to get a takeaway this evening and then see how I feel tomorrow.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
it’s all gone a bit wrong for me this week 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’ve stuck to my calories Monday and Wednesday so far but I have been an absolute emotional wreck this week due to pms which I think seems worse this month due to the lockdown. So I’ve not weighed today as I’ve started my period and know I’ll be heavier, cba with feeling down about it.

No motivation today tbh 😬 think I’m going to get a takeaway this evening and then see how I feel tomorrow.
As they say weight loss isn’t linear, just see it as a blip and get going again when you can. Hope you feel better soon xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Someone please give me a kick up the arse! I need to start eating healthier and exercising more but I don’t have motivation to do it!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I successfully went on a long walk and bought some chips and mozzarella sticks on my way back for the Friday night treat 😂 I hope I won't feel sick. I only had leek soup, some yogurt and a small piece of pita bread for lunch and didn't snack at all today so I'm not feeling too guilty. Better than crisps which I kind of wanted; at least I won't be hungry again in half an hour. Back to sensible eating immediately afterwards.

After meal edit: Jesusfrickinchrist, I just calculated the calories of that treat meal and I am staring at my screen with my jaw hanging 😂 😂 Now I understand why you guys calorie count - I swear I was estimating about half what I actually ate 😮 I can't be botheredwith counting for every meal tbh but for things like this, I'll definitely repeat this. Oh well! I enjoyed it. Moving on to herbal teas and plenty ofwater for the rest of the evening. And tomorrow I'll balance it out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Someone please give me a kick up the arse! I need to start eating healthier and exercising more but I don’t have motivation to do it!
Couple of thoughts.. I’ve found getting up and doing a quick 20mins of something in the morning helps me throughout the day, as if i manage that, I’m more likely to stick to my food goals so the workout wasn’t pointless. There are plenty of good workouts on YouTube that people have mentioned. @lemonlime shared a really good 20min walking one yesterday that I loved!

Much as it sickens me to say this (therefore becoming THAT person that I never EVER was until two weeks ago 😂).. exercising really does release endorphins and make you feel better.

Also, I saw someone say on another thread, try not to think about needing motivation to do something try thinking of it as something you HAVE to do.. like I don’t want to get up and go to work everyday but I have no choice, so I do it. Try and take the decision making out of the equation. I don’t know if it will help you, but it’s definitely helped to change the way I think about it.

Re eating, try and modify the meals you enjoy eating to make them healthier, you’ll enjoy it more. I’ve found calorie counting pretty easy, as it doesn’t seem like dieting - nothings off limits, as long as it fits in your daily allowance.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Remind yourself the reason why you want to do this! You can start small, you don't have to make a 180 degree change immediately. Good luck <3

• Heart
The hardest thing about living in a house share and eating healthy is when my house mate orders takeaway every Friday, she’s sat eating a Chinese whilst I have a chicken and bacon soup 💔💔 I had 2 chips. Bad move as now I’m so jealous of her🤣

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I lost 3.5lb on my weigh in this week, very pleased with that. I have an at home date night tomorrow where my bubble is cooking us a three course meal so I know that's not going to be diet food. But one bad meal isn't going to ruin a good week, or at least that's what I keep telling myself anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Feeling really good today, went on a 5k walk this morning and have eaten well all day...well under my calorie limit anyway! Going to treat myself to some Jaffa cakes this evening 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Well done for everyone on their losses this week. Today was weigh in day and unsurprisingly I lost 0lb. I actually thought I wouldve gained weight.

I started a new job and its hectic to say the least. I loved my old job but the entire team was made redundant. My head is fried from trying to take in so much and I am alreasy crazy busy.

I snacked a fair bit over the past two days and had a can of coke last night. First one in 3 weeks! I didnt even enjoy it. It tasted awful. I also did no walks except during the weekend.

I need to get back on the horse and get prepared with food prep etc for next week as I am determined to get a loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ended up snacking a bit more than I wanted to after work but I'm still a) in my calorie window at 1710, b) exceeded my water counter and c) exceeded my fruit/veg counter so I'm considering it a win, esspecially for a Friday. I only work M-F so I'm looking forward to a lie-in and some nice brunch tomorrow.

Reactions: 6
Workout of the day had to be me dancing like an idiot in the kitchen to early 2010 songs as I didn't feel like following instructions 😂 Got the dishes done and I'm well tired now so I guess it must have done something haha.

Another meal fail today 😩😩 healthy Singapore noodles.. let’s just say I’m not a fan, and my upper lip burns like a witch from the chilli 🌶 we were meant to put in some buffet spring rolls left over from Christmas but forgot, so I’ve saved 150 cals and did two workouts after finishing work, so even though the meal was crap, I’m not in a bag mood. Going to get to work on one of my last rolo yoghurts 🤩 happy weekend everyone! So looking forward to getting outside tomorrow after all the rain this week!

Reactions: 6
I did a 5k walk today, but had a rubbish day (concerning uni results and the likely outcome of me dropping out halfway through my third year💔) so I had a sharebag of popcorn & a few jelly tots this evening just to make me feel better. Not proud of myself really, but it's given me a boost on what was a completely heartbreaking day for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The hardest thing about living in a house share and eating healthy is when my house mate orders takeaway every Friday, she’s sat eating a Chinese whilst I have a chicken and bacon soup 💔💔 I had 2 chips. Bad move as now I’m so jealous of her🤣
for me this is my boyfriend! :rolleyes: he's always ''joining me on the health journey'' and then buys crisps to eat while i'm chewing on my carrot

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.