Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🤷🏻‍♀️It does say that, I’m very confused if they’re the same as other oats as how could they be 150calories less than normal oats?
Yeah that's what I'm wondering too, I only use 30mls of coconut milk at 8 cals and they don't seem to expand much as I bake them straight away so I've no idea now what to calculate them at haha

Yeah that's what I'm wondering too, I only use 30mls of coconut milk at 8 cals and they don't seem to expand much as I bake them straight away so I've no idea now what to calculate them at haha
If it was me I’d go by the packet as that is what it says. But I’d keep in mind that there is the 150ish cal difference with normal oats, so if you are losing weight having it then enjoy! If you weight loss slows then maybe that’s the thing to look at. It sounds lovely though I want to give it a go but never in the history of Gembo has a jar of Nutella entered my house and not been eaten like a yogurt 😄 so I will give it a miss until I feel like I’ve got some restraint!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just to let you know my experience of lodough - low carb so helpful on keto/low carb diets and dieting in general. Taste and texture was off for me - they taste slightly sweet which is a big no for me (hate mixing sweet/savoury together) and are quite soggy if eaten as a wrap rather than a pizza base.

On the topic of use as a pizza base it might be helpful to know they are very clear about how they should be used as a pizza base which is that the whole thing has to be covered in cheese end-to-end. That is because they don’t deal well with heat - it blackens and burns very, very quickly. To cover sufficiently requires a fair bit of cheese which for me negated the benefits of using them in the first place, but for people on an Atkins/keto style diet the high fat is ok as it is low carb.

One other thing is that they come in packets of two and they go off very quickly so make sure you store in an airtight container. I had an opened one in the cupboard in the summer for two days and it was blue with mould when I came to use it.

Also I would avoid the lodough cake bar at all costs - it was nasty and not worth the price/calories!
Oh interesting to hear! Thank you!
I'll give it a go but they're not expensive so won't stress if they're not too nice! The sweetness shouldn't be too much of a problem but hope I can cook it without it burning! I grate my cheese very finely as you get more for the weight so I'll see how it goes!!

I'll keepin mind about the cake bar haha! I'm looking at the brownie mix but reviews are mixed. I'll see how the pizza goes first!!

Reactions: 1
If it was me I’d go by the packet as that is what it says. But I’d keep in mind that there is the 150ish cal difference with normal oats, so if you are losing weight having it then enjoy! If you weight loss slows then maybe that’s the thing to look at. It sounds lovely though I want to give it a go but never in the history of Gembo has a jar of Nutella entered my house and not been eaten like a yogurt 😄 so I will give it a miss until I feel like I’ve got some restraint!
Yeh I'm going to do some googling tonight and take a look to see why they're so low! I'm down 11 pounds since 3rd January using calorie counting via the BMR method, really don't feel deprived either I'm eating what I want just making better choices with oils, portion sizes etc and meal prep has been a lifesaver (still in the office 3 days a week and wfh the other 2) so hopefully this oats thing doesn't steamroll my progress :( lol honestly the struggle not to eat the nutella from the spoon is tough but I have been behaving (so far!)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve just bought two pairs of jeans - I hover between a 16-18, so I bought a 16 and a 14 to stop relying on the scales so much and to look at the shape. I’m excited. Cost me £40 but feels like a healthier step than obsessing over the scales ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just done my first couch to 5k run and found it surprisingly difficult. Anyone got any tips on motivating myself for the next run on Friday? I find I get such anxiety before exercise and manage to put it off for so long. I know in the long run it will get easier as it has to, but my stamina is terrible.

really? I bought the tesco ones, that's what it says on side of pack ?

Noooooooooo please can someone help me out here haha
I'm not 100% but "as consumed" would make me think it's 30g once you've prepared them, e.g. after water has been added. Maybe worth weighing them after you've made them to see how much they expand.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just done my first couch to 5k run and found it surprisingly difficult. Anyone got any tips on motivating myself for the next run on Friday? I find I get such anxiety before exercise and manage to put it off for so long. I know in the long run it will get easier as it has to, but my stamina is terrible.
Is this the first week’s run? I’m going to try it again. I started it a few years ago, kept putting off run 3 and finally had to go out in the rain then got a horrible cold and tonsillitis from getting drenched to the skin 🤦🏼‍♀️

Is this the first week’s run? I’m going to try it again. I started it a few years ago, kept putting off run 3 and finally had to go out in the rain then got a horrible cold and tonsillitis from getting drenched to the skin 🤦🏼‍♀️
yes it is! Week 1, run 1 and I admit I found it so tough and didn’t even manage the last 60 second run I just walked home 🤣

oh no - please stay dry and warm if you do commit to taking it up again!

@Jellybeansoup I’m going to start it at the weekend so we can be virtual running buddies if you like. I’m sure I’ll find it tough - work has been so full on that I’ve not even been doing my 10k steps a day!

Reactions: 2
Start very slow - if it feels hard, slow it down even further. Even if that’s just a fast walk. I use the NHS couch to 5k app which has Sarah Millican on it and she says “a light jog”.

my first time running I was doing 11min kilometres, which is pretty much a fast walk, but it gave me the stamina to pick up the pace eventually. When I got to running regularly I could manage an 8 min I’m on a good day (8’ slow but I like it 😉). Now I’m on around 9 mins but working my way back.
Pace doesn’t matter at all really, it’s more of a personal goal, so just chill it right out if you can. No pressure at all, just do your best :)

Chicken sausages, 1 Yorkshire pud, 1 potato, broccoli, carrots, peas and gravy tonight. Had a good day today. Starting to feel the urge to snack less and less. Between finishing work at 3 and tea time at 6/6:30ish was always my massive danger territory and I’d sit and eat sweets and chocolate. That urge is definitely going which I’m so glad about! Way under my calories so going to have one of the cookies and cream aldi mini delights with my jelly tonight🤩

• Heart
I don’t really have any advice but I’ve done couch to 5k twice now (got to about week 3/4) and I always found the first week so hard. Like “this has GOT to be for people fitter than I am” hard. As you say, couldn’t even manage the 60 seconds but seriously push yourself and persist because by end of week 2/3 I was feeling so much more confident and was even getting that endorphin rush that pushed me through when it was really hard. I only gave it up because I fell pregnant both times coincidentally 😂😂 You’ve got this 💪🏼 Just slow it right down to where it suits you and you’ll get there...you could even do week 1 over and over until it gets easier.

Chicken sausages, 1 Yorkshire pud, 1 potato, broccoli, carrots, peas and gravy tonight. Had a good day today. Starting to feel the urge to snack less and less. Between finishing work at 3 and tea time at 6/6:30ish was always my massive danger territory and I’d sit and eat sweets and chocolate. That urge is definitely going which I’m so glad about! Way under my calories so going to have one of the cookies and cream aldi mini delights with my jelly tonight🤩
This is absolutely my danger zone too. This is when I start looking for cheese and crackers. I've just started having my dinner earlier 😂

I've also been trying to distract myself at the danger zone by doing housework haha.

This is absolutely my danger zone too. This is when I start looking for cheese and crackers. I've just started having my dinner earlier 😂

I've also been trying to distract myself at the danger zone by doing housework haha.
I can’t have dinner too early or the danger zone just moves to the evening 🤣🤣 last week I got out on a walk for a little while to distract me but bloody storm Christoph is putting stops to all those plans😅 didn’t do anything today and didn’t have the urge to go and eat everything in the cupboard so maybe it’s just a getting used to it kind of thing

I don’t really have any advice but I’ve done couch to 5k twice now (got to about week 3/4) and I always found the first week so hard. Like “this has GOT to be for people fitter than I am” hard. As you say, couldn’t even manage the 60 seconds but seriously push yourself and persist because by end of week 2/3 I was feeling so much more confident and was even getting that endorphin rush that pushed me through when it was really hard. I only gave it up because I fell pregnant both times coincidentally 😂😂 You’ve got this 💪🏼 Just slow it right down to where it suits you and you’ll get there...you could even do week 1 over and over until it gets easier.
Thank you!! That’s fab advice about doing wk 1 over and over if I find it still too tough to move to the next level, thank you!

I found it really hard too at first! Just go at a nice slow steady pace, don’t push yourself too much. There were plenty of times where I couldn’t quite run for as long as they told me to. It gets easier and you learn to control your breathing while running! I always have a banana or something before I go for a run to give me a bit of a boost!

• Heart
really? I bought the tesco ones, that's what it says on side of pack ?

Noooooooooo please can someone help me out here haha
That means 60g when made up with water and weighed. You need the dry weight

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.