Wedding Planning #3 Guest List Stresses and Unusual Dresses!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can somebody please help me with the timings of make up and hair?
The timings for getting ready in the morning if you have hair and make up?
My hair and make up lady says we need to start as early as possible
I don’t like a lot of make up. Haven’t had my trial yet but just trying to figure out the morning and timings
Thanks x
Ours started at 7am and finished at around 11:30/12pm for 1pm ceremony, there were 5 of us having makeup and hair
My cousin did our hair and she pin curled my bridesmaids hair the night before so that saved some time

Reactions: 1
Can somebody please help me with the timings of make up and hair?
The timings for getting ready in the morning if you have hair and make up?
My hair and make up lady says we need to start as early as possible
I don’t like a lot of make up. Haven’t had my trial yet but just trying to figure out the morning and timings
Thanks x
It definitely takes longer than you'd think. My HMUA started at 6:30am for a 1pm ceremonye. There was 4 of us and she did my hair and makeup and the 3 bridesmaids makeup. Her assistant joined at 9am to do the 3 bridesmaids hair. So I'd say give an hour per person for hair and an hour per person for makeup so you aren't rushing ( we had to give half hour for travel mid way between hotel and venue)

The last thing you want is to feel rushed so allow as much time as possible 🤍

Thank you so much everyone!

Can’t believe our wedding day has finally been & gone!

It was an amazing day, the weather was very windy which should make for some interesting photos!😂 I can’t fault the venue or the suppliers, they were perfect.

I’m a little disappointed a lot of people weren’t there at night. People didn’t show up who said they would & loads left before the night because they were drunk, ill or tired 🙄

It was an amazing reception though & even the dj said that you don’t need 1000s to have a good party because we had an amazing night with who we had!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My hair and makeup was just me for hair, and me and SIL for makeup - hair was 10.30am, makeup 9.30 for a 1pm ceremony. I was ready 12.30 ish… I had minimal makeup but it all takes much longer than you’d think!

Thank you!😀

I’m just quite annoyed how many said they’d turn up at night and they just never arrived… I just think it’s so rude when you plan for a certain number and loads don’t turn up and don’t even tell you why!
Yeah it is rude isn’t it we had a few that didn’t turn up!

Yeah it is rude isn’t it we had a few that didn’t turn up!
I had a lot, probably at least 20 people at night didn’t show who was meant to! Or they were the day guests & they got wasted and ended up in bed! It’s just such a waste of food & money!😡

I’m also so surprised how much I didn’t enjoy getting my pictures taken. I’ve never been a huge fan of photos, but I didn’t think I’d dislike it that much… I think I was just tired & not comfy in my shoes and I was just irritated!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Also another thing that happened at our wedding…

My maid of honour stayed over the night before, so she left her toddler with his dad (her boyfriend) over night for the first time. During the wedding her mum was having the toddler at her home and her boyfriend was coming to the wedding.

Anyway, half way through the meal the boyfriend got up & left and just disappeared (my maid of honour was on the top table and he was on another). He didn’t pick the child up and he didn’t come back to pick my friend up either…

My FIL had to give her money for a taxi to go and get her toddler from her mum’s so they could go home!

Her boyfriend doesn’t work, smokes weed and is just an hole and I only allowed him to come for her. I’m just sad that he spoilt it for her.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Hi I'm currently planning my wedding and was just wondering what you all spent on yours ? And also how much is the norm for a photographer? Like how much would you spend? Took me 3 weeks to figure out who was coming to wedding and after party 😆 but I've got the wedding booked just trying to sort the after party out

My photographer + videographer is £3400, but they include so much stuff, like a printed album, unlimited edited photos, a pre-wedding consultation, electronic album etc.

Hi I'm currently planning my wedding and was just wondering what you all spent on yours ? And also how much is the norm for a photographer? Like how much would you spend? Took me 3 weeks to figure out who was coming to wedding and after party 😆 but I've got the wedding booked just trying to sort the after party out
My photographer was about £1200 if I recall correctly (2 photographers throughout the day)

I paid £450 for my photographer (northwest, 2 photographers). That was for 4 hours. I think all day was about £600. I literally just get a Dropbox link with the pictures as I didn’t want hard copies (I’m going to make to my own photobook). They have recently upped their prices though so I believe.

Our wedding was 12k in total. That was a UK hotel wedding with ceremony, wedding breakfast & reception in one venue. That literally includes everything, including gifts for parents (they helped out) and bridesmaids etc.

My wedding is costing £3000 but we’re super low key. Our photographer was the third biggest expense at £350.

My photographer was €1700 (£1485 GBP), that was 10 hours coverage, one photographer, for an online album so we can print and download as we choose. It worked well as we had less than 30 people in attendance, no videographer. Just waiting to get them back now 😬😬

In terms of overall cost, I’m not sure what you’re thinking numbers-wise, but for us we definitely don’t regret keeping numbers smaller and going all out for those attending - eg open bar, all transport, paying for all accommodation at the venue.

Last edited:
Our photo/video dude is £1800.

Wedding as a whole including honeymoon probs about 22k at least :)sick:)

oh- for the photographer it’s a mini package for our registry office ceremony only, plus a shoot after with our son. Ex gf is being horrible and won’t let stepdaughter attend. £350 all in- I think it’s 3 hours

I want to say ours was about 12k all together
Photographer and videographer was around £1200 but that was a year and a half ago I think the price has doubled since!
I would say the photos and videos are so worth the money because apart from the memories that’s all you’re going to have left from your wedding! I wish I had gone for the higher package because it included an extra photographer

Does anyone have any recommendations of venues in Italy that are overlooking water with beach club kind of vibes but not on the amalfi coast and not a million pounds 🙈🤣 thanks

Does anyone have any recommendations of venues in Italy that are overlooking water with beach club kind of vibes but not on the amalfi coast and not a million pounds 🙈🤣 thanks
Hey, I got married in Italy! You might not find many venues bang on the coast, but Puglia is incredible, some places will have sea views, and it will be cheaper than Amalfi. 😊

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.