Wedding Planning #3 Guest List Stresses and Unusual Dresses!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please no judgement but im so upset right now…

Now that the £ has fallen in value, my destination wedding is suddenly costing a lot more 🥲 our venue is costing us over £5000 more than it was before, due to the new exchange rate 🫠 I wanted to buy some diamond jewellery to wear on my wedding day but that’s not gonna happen now.

i don’t want to sound selfish, I know people are struggling to afford food and this is such a minor issue, but I feel so deflated. Everything seems to be going wrong and I'm really upset. I wish I did my wedding here, because my extended family are having issues booking flights (they got scammed on some dodgy website with fake flights and have now lost that money and have to rebook their flights). And no one wants to take my poor granny with them, in her wheelchair ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Please no judgement but im so upset right now…

Now that the £ has fallen in value, my destination wedding is suddenly costing a lot more 🥲 our venue is costing us over £5000 more than it was before, due to the new exchange rate 🫠 I wanted to buy some diamond jewellery to wear on my wedding day but that’s not gonna happen now.

i don’t want to sound selfish, I know people are struggling to afford food and this is such a minor issue, but I feel so deflated. Everything seems to be going wrong and I'm really upset. I wish I did my wedding here, because my extended family are having issues booking flights (they got scammed on some dodgy website with fake flights and have now lost that money and have to rebook their flights). And no one wants to take my poor granny with them, in her wheelchair ☹
This really sucks 😔 could you maybe just do the wedding with you and the groom plus witnesses and celebrate at home with everyone else? My friend did that and she said it was the most romantic experience. You’re allowed to be disappointed ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This really sucks 😔 could you maybe just do the wedding with you and the groom plus witnesses and celebrate at home with everyone else? My friend did that and she said it was the most romantic experience. You’re allowed to be disappointed ❤
This sounds so nice but my immediate family and I have all booked tickets, we’ve paid for half the venue, the DJ, live entertainment, decor company, people have taken time off work…it’s too far gone for us to back out now 😭 thank you, I was just so sad yesterday, nothing seemed to be going right… ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 1
This sounds so nice but my immediate family and I have all booked tickets, we’ve paid for half the venue, the DJ, live entertainment, decor company, people have taken time off work…it’s too far gone for us to back out now 😭 thank you, I was just so sad yesterday, nothing seemed to be going right… ♥
I totally get it. Last week our U.K. venue lost our booking and I was too shocked to even cry, I was completely hysterically laughing! I’m sure you will work it out and one day it will all be part of your story ❤

• Heart
I totally get it. Last week our U.K. venue lost our booking and I was too shocked to even cry, I was completely hysterically laughing! I’m sure you will work it out and one day it will all be part of your story ❤
Yeah I remember you saying, and it all worked out for you 💕 that was me yesterday! Haha. Started off laughing and then crying 😂😂 thank you so much for your kind words ♥

• Heart
Yeah I remember you saying, and it all worked out for you 💕 that was me yesterday! Haha. Started off laughing and then crying 😂😂 thank you so much for your kind words ♥
It helps I’m marrying the most chilled man in the world who keeps telling me “one day this will all be part of our story” 😂 ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh my god, I get married tomorrow!

Any tips for the day? Like how not to need a wee when you’re in your dress!😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh my god, I get married tomorrow!

Any tips for the day? Like how not to need a wee when you’re in your dress!😂
Get one of your bridesmaids to help hold your dress up 🤣luckily I only needed one wee through the whole day don’t know how I managed that!

Get one of your bridesmaids to help hold your dress up 🤣luckily I only needed one wee through the whole day don’t know how I managed that!
Oh no i couldn’t! I’m far too self conscious! No one is going near me when I wee! 😂 i think I’ll have to go the disabled loos and struggle!😂

Am I the only one confused about the logistics of using an ikea bag/bin bag? 😂😂 what if the pee goes down your leg or something or down the side of the bag 😭

Am I the only one confused about the logistics of using an ikea bag/bin bag? 😂😂 what if the pee goes down your leg or something or down the side of the bag 😭
So you cut the bottom out and pull the half with the handles over your legs (like you do with pants) and then you pull your dress up in the bag and pull the strings to tighten so that your bottom half is bag & dress free and then you’re free to wee!

Guys when are we meant to be giving invites out? Actual invites not save the dates 🤔

I sent mine about 3 months before the wedding, a bit short but everyone already knew the wedding date before I officially sent the invites out 🙂♥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.