Wedding Planning #3 Guest List Stresses and Unusual Dresses!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We paid £650 for a mid week wedding photographer, including album and presentation usb, plus digital album. We had 4 hours coverage

Reactions: 1
We paid nearly £3k for a photographer and second shooter. Personally I would not skimp on the photography. The reason photographers cost so much is a combination of expertise, equipment and time spent editing etc.

Reactions: 5
We paid nearly £3k for a photographer and second shooter. Personally I would not skimp on the photography. The reason photographers cost so much is a combination of expertise, equipment and time spent editing etc.
I agree, in addition to rings it’s pretty much the only thing you have left to show for the entire day isn’t it!

Reactions: 3
I paid less because I wanted a specific photographer but couldn’t fit her full package into our budget. For our reception we’ve got a Polaroid station because I’m not as bothered.

I paid less because I wanted a specific photographer but couldn’t fit her full package into our budget. For our reception we’ve got a Polaroid station because I’m not as bothered.
We had Polaroids too for the evening reception, they’re so cute and look lovely in our guest book!

Reactions: 2
How much are you guys paying for a cake? My wedding is abroad so I’ve had to look online and try and find someone I really love. I’ve asked my venue and florist too and they really recommended her.

It’s hard because I’ve never tasted her cake 😂 but a 5 tier cake is costing us £800 (but 2 layers are not real). Apparently she’s the “best of the best”, but £800 for essentially a 3 layer cake seems a lot. Then again, maybe I just don’t know cake prices 🤷🏻‍♀️

How much are you guys paying for a cake? My wedding is abroad so I’ve had to look online and try and find someone I really love. I’ve asked my venue and florist too and they really recommended her.

It’s hard because I’ve never tasted her cake 😂 but a 5 tier cake is costing us £800 (but 2 layers are not real). Apparently she’s the “best of the best”, but £800 for essentially a 3 layer cake seems a lot. Then again, maybe I just don’t know cake prices 🤷🏻‍♀️
I decided to go for cupcakes in the end and I’m glad I did, it looked amazing - wish I could share a pic on here but it would completely out me if anyone knew me 😂

I learnt that wedding cakes are more expensive than I thought…. I paid £350 for 70 cupcakes, the cake stand hire, delivery, all the decorations, the ribbon, and all of the fake flowers around them too. We also had a small 5 inch cake (around 20 servings) which we cut for the photos.

I’m getting married in Ireland but the quotes I had were pretty similar for really nice cakes. I had tastings of cheaper cakes and they were rotten, I’d definitely go with someone recommended if you can afford it.

in the end we have opted for a “cheese” cake that will be served with crackers and chutneys during the midnight buffet / any left over will be served on our day two buffet but if my guests like cheese like I do I doubt there will be much left 🐷 🐭

We have ordered something like this:

461AD950-6234-4490-870D-A1724CFC2579.jpeg

Hey, I got married in Italy! You might not find many venues bang on the coast, but Puglia is incredible, some places will have sea views, and it will be cheaper than Amalfi. 😊
Amazing thanks - do you mind sharing the name of your venue? I have been looking at Puglia and liked coco beach club but it’s only exclusive from 7 pm as they are open during the day

This is the cake that I’m having, with some small changes made, like more roses down the side. Only the top two and half of the third layer (the biggest layer) will be real cake. She’s using fresh flowers and including delivery and cake tasting in the price - can’t attend because I’m in the U.K., but it’s a nice gesture 😂 I just checked and it’s £750 for the cake. She said it serves 60 people.

I kind of wish I’d gone for cupcakes because I reckon 60 servings won’t be enough

D016D5AE-C3F7-4F8E-A360-7A3602686A4A.jpeg

This is the cake that I’m having, with some small changes made, like more roses down the side. Only the top two and half of the third layer (the biggest layer) will be real cake. She’s using fresh flowers and including delivery and cake tasting in the price - can’t attend because I’m in the U.K., but it’s a nice gesture 😂 I just checked and it’s £750 for the cake. She said it serves 60 people.

I kind of wish I’d gone for cupcakes because I reckon 60 servings won’t be enough

View attachment 1626711
It does look lovely. For how many guests?

I’m getting married in Ireland but the quotes I had were pretty similar for really nice cakes. I had tastings of cheaper cakes and they were rotten, I’d definitely go with someone recommended if you can afford it.

in the end we have opted for a “cheese” cake that will be served with crackers and chutneys during the midnight buffet / any left over will be served on our day two buffet but if my guests like cheese like I do I doubt there will be much left 🐷 🐭

We have ordered something like this:

View attachment 1626667
I love this cheese idea!

I made my own cake and glad I did because we had our evening reception outside because the weather was so nice so totally forgot about cutting the cake and no one bloody ate it 😅

But I think those prices are the norm as soon as you say wedding cake that racks up the price with everything that goes into it
058EABF9-5091-4499-8E8B-15D882F2C4BF.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
These are similar to ours but they were all white/pale and dusky pink to match the theme and the top tier cake had a bow around which matched the icing, the bow tails kind of floated down over the rest of the tower and lots of fake flowers in between the cakes too

80A98414-6C2F-43C7-9EAB-CF5C00176141.jpeg
5D55390B-A72E-4488-91D0-3D1CC4718219.jpeg

• Heart

Honestly, cake is a waste of money. I've been to so many weddings where I've never even got a piece of the cake. Total waste. If you feed guests, nice dessert is enough. Nobody needs a second dessert. If you're having cake instead of dessert then fair enough.

Wedding favours are also a waste of time and money unless immediately edible or potable.

Reactions: 5
Honestly, cake is a waste of money. I've been to so many weddings where I've never even got a piece of the cake. Total waste. If you feed guests, nice dessert is enough. Nobody needs a second dessert. If you're having cake instead of dessert then fair enough.

Wedding favours are also a waste of time and money unless immediately edible or potable.
Agree about favours, I did cookies for mine because I knew anything else would be wasted but they went down a treat

It does look lovely. For how many guests?

I love this cheese idea!
Thank you ♥ I originally thought I’d have 60 guests, and didn’t expect many people to RSVP yes, because its abroad and flights are expensive. But most people are saying yes, and the number is looking closer to 80-90 now! I don’t think 60 servings will be enough, but I know we have desserts too as part of our menu, so I’m hoping people will eat the desserts and not want cake 😅

I agree about the favours! I’ve been to too many weddings where favours that aren’t edible are just left on the table

Thank you ♥ I originally thought I’d have 60 guests, and didn’t expect many people to RSVP yes, because its abroad and flights are expensive. But most people are saying yes, and the number is looking closer to 80-90 now! I don’t think 60 servings will be enough, but I know we have desserts too as part of our menu, so I’m hoping people will eat the desserts and not want cake 😅
To be fair I think you’ll be okay! There’s always some people who don’t want cake, especially if you have other desserts. We had around 90 guests and our cake served 20 and then 70 cupcakes and I’d say I had around 25 cupcakes leftover and that’s even after some people took home extras too

• Heart

I agree about the favours! I’ve been to too many weddings where favours that aren’t edible are just left on the table
I think that it’s very expensive for 60 guests, but also 60 will be enough definitely. A lot of people don’t eat sweet stuff when they are drinking too, and may be well on by the time you get round to cake cutting.
It’s a stunning cake - go for it! 💖

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.