Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
My other half went on his stag-do this weekend. I told him beforehand that I didn't like the idea of him going to a strip club, just so he knew how I felt, and that if he went, I wouldn't like it, but "it is what it is" kinda thing. I'd get over it, as there's obviously strict boundaries in strip clubs anyway. I tried to be relaxed about it.

Fast forward to this weekend, they didn't go to a strip club thankfully, but even worse than that, his friends arranged for a private stripper to come to the flat they were staying at. Apparently she went over and above what she was hired to do, according to his friends. He now has marks on his nether regions and scratches on his back from her.

I feel physically sick at this. He knew how I felt about this kind of thing, yet he didn't have the balls to say "no" and went along with it, knowing how disrespected I'd feel about it.

Just a bit of background - my last serious relationship broke down after he cheated on me on a stag-do in some club toilets. I think this is why I'm so angry, as it feels like the distrust and hurt is happening all over again, in slightly different circumstances.

Not looking for sympathy or advice, I know it's my problem to deal with and get over eventually, I just wanted to vent 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 24

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Hi everyone! Sorry I’ve been so distant lately, the wedding was amazing 🥰🥰 best day of my life! 🥹 I feel a bit sad now that it’s all over 😂 I’ve added some pics, sorry if they’re weirdly cropped so faces and identifying things aren’t in the back! I wish I could do it all over again ☹

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
Thank you so much everyone!

Can’t believe our wedding day has finally been & gone!

It was an amazing day, the weather was very windy which should make for some interesting photos!😂 I can’t fault the venue or the suppliers, they were perfect.

I’m a little disappointed a lot of people weren’t there at night. People didn’t show up who said they would & loads left before the night because they were drunk, ill or tired 🙄

It was an amazing reception though & even the dj said that you don’t need 1000s to have a good party because we had an amazing night with who we had!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
So that is me officially a Mrs!! Despite all the drama our actual wedding day went off without a hitch. The reception unfortunately we lost a few guests to Covid and then my husband’s family just decided… not to come. But everyone who was there had the best time!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Fiancé and I are doing our first dance to an Arabic song. He speaks Arabic but I don’t…I sent him this song that sounded sooo beautiful and gorgeous, I really wanted it to be our song. He just told me “google the English translation”. Safe to say, I will NOT be using this song 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
It’s my wedding day!😃😃

I’ve been sat in the bridal room for an hour alone 😂 my mum went off an hour ago to do something & I’ve no idea where my two bridesmaids are…hair & makeup will be here in a few mins 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Awkward_Somber

I've been married for a whole week and it is amazing!

Our wedding day was so perfect, it had been chucking it down the day before and while it wasn't very warm we had zero rain!

It definitely goes by so fast, especially the ceremony. Try and take as much in as possible as it's over so fast.

The only sad thing for me was one of my bridesmaids said she was too ill to attend and didn't come. I'm still trying to process this as I'm not really sure I believe her for a whole variety and history of reasons and I kind of think she had no intention of attending all along and yeah, in a long line I think this is the final straw (to mix metaphors) and I'm really sad that this friendship is permanently changed by this.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

fudgebox

VIP Member
It’s our first wedding anniversary today, I cannot believe how quick time has gone so if you’re still planning your wedding enjoy it! It goes so quick I would do it all over again😭

• Heart

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
Oh my gosh
Married November, my MiL was diagnosed with cancer a week later. Today they told us it’s terminal. I’ve spent most of today in tears but I’m so grateful we didn’t wait. It really is about the people there… not the dress size or a billion other things 😔❤ So happy we didn’t wait for the big budget day and went small!

• Heart

ada-lovelace

Chatty Member
My day was 2 weeks ago and my word the wedding blues are real
My wedding was on Friday and oh my goodness I’m feeling this!! It was pure magic though, the best day of my life but so sad it’s over. Brides to be soak it all up because it goes in a flash 🤍

• Heart

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
Jumping on the bandwagon but has anyone had any luck with Spanx?

I hated Skims but maybe I bought the wrong things 😂
Last time I wore Spanx was for my brother’s wedding in 2010. I was very drunk and could not get them off so had to sleep in them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
Received a preview of our wedding photos today! They look amazing! Can’t believe how well they’ve turned out considering it was blowing a gale at the time!

They’ve caught some lovely naturally shots too.

This time tomorrow I’ll hopefully be on my way to Florida for our honeymoon!

• Heart

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
Sorry, feel like I need to come here and rant about my MIL.

have a group chat about my hen night so asked everyone about their disco themed outfits, colourful/sequins etc. MIL has just said hers is white. Surely this isn’t normal?
I mean… only if she’s coming dressed as John Travolta from Saturday Night Fever?

• Haha

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
9 days to go and want to scream at my MIL for the fact she promised to help us pay towards stuff and now has said she can’t afford to (she can btw, she has plenty money, she’s just tight as they come) so now have to cancel my videographer 🙃

• Sad
  • Wow

camotea

I got married in Saturday! And yes, it went by in a blur. Amazing day, went flawlessly, weather was perfect. Think everyone enjoyed it but one of our friends fell asleep on the hotel lounge sofa after too much wine and missed the speeches so will have to hear his apologies soon 🤓 Speaking of speeches I’m going to have to ask husband and MiL to show me their notes as I was all misty and overwhealmed and didn’t listen properly 🫣 The post-wedding blues haven’t kicked in yet as we are still not home but on balance I’m looking forward to going back to normal as it’s been so mad busy it hasn’t sunk in yet.

• Heart

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
My other half went on his stag-do this weekend. I told him beforehand that I didn't like the idea of him going to a strip club, just so he knew how I felt, and that if he went, I wouldn't like it, but "it is what it is" kinda thing. I'd get over it, as there's obviously strict boundaries in strip clubs anyway. I tried to be relaxed about it.

Fast forward to this weekend, they didn't go to a strip club thankfully, but even worse than that, his friends arranged for a private stripper to come to the flat they were staying at. Apparently she went over and above what she was hired to do, according to his friends. He now has marks on his nether regions and scratches on his back from her.

I feel physically sick at this. He knew how I felt about this kind of thing, yet he didn't have the balls to say "no" and went along with it, knowing how disrespected I'd feel about it.

Just a bit of background - my last serious relationship broke down after he cheated on me on a stag-do in some club toilets. I think this is why I'm so angry, as it feels like the distrust and hurt is happening all over again, in slightly different circumstances.

Not looking for sympathy or advice, I know it's my problem to deal with and get over eventually, I just wanted to vent 😔
Ah man, what a complete cunt. Sorry, no other word for it. Something that struck me when I read your post again- "it's my problem to deal with and get over eventually ". It is absolutely not your problem. It is his issue. He knew what your thoughts were and not only went against them but pushed the boundaries over. Hugely disrespectful to you. You are also not a "mug", please don't call yourself that.

Xx

• Heart

101d

VIP Member
The dress I ordered from Etsy has arrived! And it’s…. Exactly as I envisioned! Could possibly be a bit too small on the back but hopefully with a little alteration it will be perfect!

I’m chuffed. Was so nervous. 🥰

• Heart