Wedding Planning #3 Guest List Stresses and Unusual Dresses!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys when are we meant to be giving invites out? Actual invites not save the dates 🤔
Depends where people are coming from etc, the more people who may need to book hotels the earlier it should be in my view so they can get things as cheap as possible.

Reactions: 1
Guys when are we meant to be giving invites out? Actual invites not save the dates 🤔
I did mine 3 months before which was later than I originally planned BUT it was a postponed lockdown wedding so everyone knew when it was and I was heavily pregnant ha ha

It’s my wedding day!😃😃

I’ve been sat in the bridal room for an hour alone 😂 my mum went off an hour ago to do something & I’ve no idea where my two bridesmaids are…hair & makeup will be here in a few mins 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It’s my wedding day!😃😃

I’ve been sat in the bridal room for an hour alone 😂 my mum went off an hour ago to do something & I’ve no idea where my two bridesmaids are…hair & makeup will be here in a few mins 😂
Good luck lovely 🥰 hope you have a brilliant day and a few dry hours 🤞🏻
Sorry you’re on your own, when the HMUAs arrive they will make you feel amazing ❤ The professionals make such a difference when family are busybodying around and not present 🤣 I think they can sometimes forget whose day it really is!

• Heart
It’s my wedding day!😃😃

Have an amazing day!!!🤩

• Heart
Can somebody please help me with the timings of make up and hair?
The timings for getting ready in the morning if you have hair and make up?
My hair and make up lady says we need to start as early as possible
I don’t like a lot of make up. Haven’t had my trial yet but just trying to figure out the morning and timings
Thanks x

I mean, I sent them a text in January 😂
But my Planner suggests as soon as you’ve booked a date
😂😂

I was thinking January - as start of a new year - we're getting married October - 10mths is plenty of time... isn't it!? 🥴

I don’t like a lot of make up. Haven’t had my trial yet but just trying to figure out the morning and timings
Thanks x
Ideally when I had mine , they say average of 90 mins per person
So work back from your ceremony time . You want at least everything to be done one hour before this to leave it for anything minor . And then work back 90 mins per person and it will give you ideally your start time

Reactions: 3
Thanks x
The photographer gave me timings to be ready and the hairdressers / makeup artists worked back based on the times

Reactions: 2
Ideally when I had mine , they say average of 90 mins per person
So work back from your ceremony time . You want at least everything to be done one hour before this to leave it for anything minor . And then work back 90 mins per person and it will give you ideally your start time
Thank you
That’s super helpful
I just can’t get my head around how long things take 😞

90 min per person????? 😳
I mean I probably need quite a bit of help but the thought of being caked in make up for hour
What the hell are they doing???

Thanks x
We started at 7:30am (one person doing hair, one person doing makeup) for myself and 5 bridesmaids for a 1:30 ceremony. I will say it was a bit rushed towards the end and we were only ready literally 10 mins before I had to walk down the aisle so I wish we’d started earlier now.

Thank you
That’s super helpful
I just can’t get my head around how long things take 😞

I mean I probably need quite a bit of help but the thought of being caked in make up for hour
What the hell are they doing???
she alternated between hair and makeup so had it all curled in pins and then did the first part of makeup and then went back to twisting it into small plaits before it went into a plaited bun and then did final touches
So approx 90 mins for hair and makeu p

I'm going to try on wedding dresses tomorrow and I'm so excited!! Although I know in getting my dress elsewhere and just trying on to get an idea of styles haha

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm going to try on wedding dresses tomorrow and I'm so excited!! Although I know in getting my dress elsewhere and just trying on to get an idea of styles haha
What style are you going for?

I ended up going for something I didn’t think I’d go for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.