Wedding Planning #3 Guest List Stresses and Unusual Dresses!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve seen them given at the reception a few times, when the grooms making his speech he’ll thank the bridesmaids and say they’ve got them some gifts and then the bride giving them after the speech is done but tbh I’ve always thought that’s the fastest way to loose whatever you’ve got them - better giving them either before or after the wedding when they can put them somewhere safe
Thank you! Luckily we are getting married in a hotel and everyone has rooms, so at least if we give flowers at the speech then those will be put in the room safe! I might just give the other stuff after or before.

Reactions: 1
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but does anyone know the best place to sell a wedding dress? Unworn still has all the tags and everything

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but does anyone know the best place to sell a wedding dress? Unworn still has all the tags and everything
I see a lot of people selling their dresses on south wales weddings so maybe try one of your wedding groups from your area? Or marketplace I see a lot on too

Looks like it’s going to rain all day for my wedding on Saturday, which doesn’t shock me. The whole reason I booked it for October is because we wouldn’t be shocked if it did rain. If we had booked for summer and it rained, then I’d be disappointed.

I always knew it would rain because every time I go anywhere or do anything, it rains, im cursed like that guy in that song “why does it always rain on me”.

But I don’t want the photos if they have to be inside, so im just tempted to sack off the photographer now and be done with it. If they ain’t outside, I don’t want them😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Looks like it’s going to rain all day for my wedding on Saturday, which doesn’t shock me. The whole reason I booked it for October is because we wouldn’t be shocked if it did rain. If we had booked for summer and it rained, then I’d be disappointed.

I always knew it would rain because every time I go anywhere or do anything, it rains, im cursed like that guy in that song “why does it always rain on me”.

But I don’t want the photos if they have to be inside, so im just tempted to sack off the photographer now and be done with it. If they ain’t outside, I don’t want them😂
It's meant to be good luck! I mean I don't know who came up with that, but I'd take it! Don't sack off the photographer, your photos will be gorgeous either way. PLUS pictures in the rain :love: :love: :love: YES

• Heart
Omg this was our exact reasoning 😂 November for us though

Reactions: 2

Oh don’t cancel the photographer you’ll regret it! You never know the sun might pop out and you’ll get a rainbow and have some lovely pics! Or get some nice personalised umbrellas to use as props 😆 photographers know how to get fab pics in all sorts of weathers!

It's meant to be good luck! I mean I don't know who came up with that, but I'd take it! Don't sack off the photographer, your photos will be gorgeous either way. PLUS pictures in the rain :love: :love: :love: YES
Hope so! 🤞 I’ve got some see through dome umbrellas for if it’s just light rain! If it’s heavy then I’m not sure what to do because I’ve got a train!😂

Oh don’t cancel the photographer you’ll regret it! You never know the sun might pop out and you’ll get a rainbow and have some lovely pics! Or get some nice personalised umbrellas to use as props 😆 photographers know how to get fab pics in all sorts of weathers!
I’m just hoping it will be light and not heavy. Light I can sort of deal with and we can get some nice pics with dark clouds! But if it’s heavy I’m just worried what will happen to my train & the confetti pictures and I think we will have to go inside for pictures which I don’t want at all 😂

• Heart
Me too 😂 this is so funny! My MiL was so grumpy because she hates the cold but I didn’t want to risk it. Also I love the idea of rainy photos
My MIL hates the rain and I’ll probably get lots of comments of “oh I’m gutted for you that it’s raining” 🙄 I realised this weekend how cold it was actually going to be on Saturday and I might shiver a little in my dress!😂 rainy photos will be nice if I can get outside in my dress 😂😄

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Me too 😂 this is so funny! My MiL was so grumpy because she hates the cold but I didn’t want to risk it. Also I love the idea of rainy photos
I'm in two weeks time and my MIL was talking about a storm and how it will be wet etc... I was like it's not like you will be outside. I've my umbrella and am prepared. Photos is all I will have so I'm getting them

My MIL hates the rain and I’ll probably get lots of comments of “oh I’m gutted for you that it’s raining” 🙄 I realised this weekend how cold it was actually going to be on Saturday and I might shiver a little in my dress!😂 rainy photos will be nice if I can get outside in my dress 😂😄
Are we the same people 😂 feck them tell her it's your and your partners day. You can't control it and it could be lashing in the middle of June so you can't predict

• Haha
Are we the same people 😂 feck them tell her it's your and your partners day. You can't control it and it could be lashing in the middle of June so you can't predict
Yeah exactly! Every time we go anywhere and it rains she’s always the same “oh I’m so sorry for you” and “how rubbish that the rain spoilt it”. I’ve never met anyone so negative about rain 😂

And like you say, it could rain anytime 😂

• Heart

I wouldn’t sack the photographer off 🤍 they will be used to working round the weather, will have good ideas for shots that will work well and will ensure you get some amazing pictures. The weather forecast said rain on our day, in the end it was about ten minutes in total and when we were all travelling from one venue to the next so had literally no bearing on the day. You’re still a fair way out, there’s potential for it to change too.

Having been through the same thing recently I would say trust your vendors - they are the professionals, deal with this all the time and will move heaven and earth to make things work out in the best way on your big day. Even swapping the timings/location of your day around so you can make the most of any dry spells for pictures or being outside. Good luck with it all, hang in there!

• Heart
I wouldn’t sack the photographer off 🤍 they will be used to working round the weather, will have good ideas for shots that will work well and will ensure you get some amazing pictures. The weather forecast said rain on our day, in the end it was about ten minutes in total and when we were all travelling from one venue to the next so had literally no bearing on the day. You’re still a fair way out, there’s potential for it to change too.

Having been through the same thing recently I would say trust your vendors - they are the professionals, deal with this all the time and will move heaven and earth to make things work out in the best way on your big day. Even swapping the timings/location of your day around so you can make the most of any dry spells for pictures or being outside. Good luck with it all, hang in there!
Thank you! Hopefully they can find somewhere nice for our pictures to be done! At the moment the rain is forecast right when the photos are going to be done, which is the only time we will be outside!😂 like you say though, it can all change!😄

• Heart
I’ve definitely found my crew here mind 😂 my mam will be the one whinging about the rain, my MiL about the cold, and I’ll be dancing around doing my Gene Kelly bit 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I was suppose to be Sept, again, partly because I didn’t want to be dependent on sunny weather and being disappointed. Covid struck, ended up moving to June and it POURED! But I love my rainy pictures and on the day I was so joyful, the last thing on my mind was the weather. Happy is the bride that rain falls upon. 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Finally picked our first dance song with three days to go! Ed Sheeran- Tenerife.
I wanted Ed Sheeran- kiss me. My fiancé hated that one though and it was the only song he had strongly objected to! So Tenerife it is!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.