Wedding Planning #3 Guest List Stresses and Unusual Dresses!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it weird that I’m like totally relaxed and not stressed at all?
I think my brain just doesn’t function like other peoples, we’ve just sold our house and moved and I wasn’t stressed about that either 😂

I think for me, all the details are in place & everything is sorted so now I’m just looking forward to the day!😄
Oh fab! I had so much to do the week leading up so I was a massive stress head 🤣

Oh fab! I had so much to do the week leading up so I was a massive stress head 🤣
I feel like maybe I’m missing something now?😂 I don’t think I’ve got anything to do, apart from put together gift bags for bridesmaids & put together the favours! Everything else is all sorted, paid for and arranged I think! 😄

Reactions: 1
Yay!!! So happy for you 🥰🥰 did you have a contract with the old venue? I find it crazy they just cancelled your wedding out the blue!
So it was just a venue hire, we’re only having a reception there so we paid the deposit of about £25 and handed the form in. We think someone else has come and paid the full amount. Thankfully the place we’ve got now has on-site catering so we now do not need to sort that either!

You sound like us! We get married in a week and we still have no first dance song! I just don’t like anything! 😂
We each picked a song- brides first dance and grooms first dance!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You sound like us! We get married in a week and we still have no first dance song! I just don’t like anything! 😂
I work as a wedding coordinator so my problem was I’ve heard the same like 10 songs 10000000 times 😂

we’ve gone with Biblical by Callum Scott

• Heart
Nothing too specific. I listen to a lot of 80’s music mainly and some 90’s! No specific genre though to be honest.
some suggestions

crash into me - Dave matthews band
You and me - lifehouse
Florence and the machine - never let me go
Ronan keting - when you say nothing at all
Lucy Spraggan - Lucky Stars
Ed Sheehan - Tenerife Sea
Arctic monkeys - baby I’m yours

• Heart
I feel like maybe I’m missing something now?😂 I don’t think I’ve got anything to do, apart from put together gift bags for bridesmaids & put together the favours! Everything else is all sorted, paid for and arranged I think! 😄
No I’m sure you’re fine!! I just did a lot of diy and the cake and cookie favours I did myself I put a lot of pressure on myself but it doesn’t have to be like that at all 🤣

• Haha
some suggestions

You and me - lifehouse
We had Arctic Monkeys 🥰 a little bit of home at our destination wedding!

Reactions: 2
We had You To Me Are Everything by The Real Thing! We didn't fancy a proper slow love song 😂

• Heart
some suggestions

You and me - lifehouse
Thank you! I love a few of those and I will take a look at the others! 😄

No I’m sure you’re fine!! I just did a lot of diy and the cake and cookie favours I did myself I put a lot of pressure on myself but it doesn’t have to be like that at all 🤣
Oh gosh, can understand why you were stressed 😂 we’ve definitely gone for convenience and bought most things, we aren’t creative 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
When did everyone give gifts at the wedding?

Do you give them the night before or at the meal?

I’ve got little token gifts for my bridesmaids, my mum & his mum (a little print in a frame) and I was thinking of giving these the night before?

But then we are arranging for flowers to be delivered during the meal for his mum, my mum & his nan. Plus we’ve got his mum & dad and my mum a gift voucher for an experience (they’ve all helped us out with the wedding) and a thank you card…

Argh it’s all so confusing!

I’ve got little token gifts for my bridesmaids, my mum & his mum (a little print in a frame) and I was thinking of giving these the night before?

But then we are arranging for flowers to be delivered during the meal for his mum, my mum & his nan. Plus we’ve got his mum & dad and my mum a gift voucher for an experience (they’ve all helped us out with the wedding) and a thank you card…

I gave my bridesmaids the night before because they stayed with me and they had pjs and glasses we used and then my parents I gave their gifts in the morning because they gave me a gift then too

• Heart

I’ve seen them given at the reception a few times, when the grooms making his speech he’ll thank the bridesmaids and say they’ve got them some gifts and then the bride giving them after the speech is done but tbh I’ve always thought that’s the fastest way to loose whatever you’ve got them - better giving them either before or after the wedding when they can put them somewhere safe

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.