Wedding Planning #3 Guest List Stresses and Unusual Dresses!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was single I’d give £50, now I’m married and if we’re both going to the wedding I’d put £100 in a nice card.

Reactions: 1
We also mostly got 100-200€ per couple. I just don’t understand how so many people say gifts repay all your wedding costs because for us it didn’t even cover the catering. 😅

Reactions: 2
We also mostly got 100-200€ per couple. I just don’t understand how so many people say gifts repay all your wedding costs because for us it didn’t even cover the catering. 😅
Because they go cheap on the meal 😂😂 I had a person saying that the going rate for a wedding is €50 for the meal. I almost choked its closer to €100 and ours is even a bit more expensive but that's the venue. Same person boasts me made a profit from his but the meal was awful and it seemed cheap

Reactions: 3
I think in Ireland the norm is €100 for single and €200 for a couple then family members and wedding party give a bit more. But I think it’s ultimately what you can afford. For example our groomsmen are all high earners and single people so probably have more spare cash than my bridesmaid who are lower earners and have children etc.

agree with above posters, people say it covers their plate and a bit more but ours is just over €100 per head and I really don’t expect the majority of our guests to be able to give us that.

I gift £50 on the basis I wouldn’t want people to feel obliged to give the same or more back and going to a wedding itself is expensive anyway.

• Heart
Ours is £120 per person for all day guests! To be fair to the hotel though we do get canapés, a four course meal, buffet, bacon sandwiches, champagne, candy cart, dj, chair covers & marquee in that cost😂

Reactions: 4
I haven’t had a drink for 6 years but I’d make the exception for champagne
funnily enough I don’t drink either but I usually don’t bother telling people (why people can’t just accept “no thankyou” is beyond me) and just get some fizzy fruity drink and dunk it in a wine/ champagne glass and pretend I’m fancy

Reactions: 1
It goes so quick! Try and relax this week easier said than done I know😅
Is it weird that I’m like totally relaxed and not stressed at all?
I think my brain just doesn’t function like other peoples, we’ve just sold our house and moved and I wasn’t stressed about that either 😂

I think for me, all the details are in place & everything is sorted so now I’m just looking forward to the day!😄

Reactions: 6
Is it weird that I’m like totally relaxed and not stressed at all?
I think my brain just doesn’t function like other peoples, we’ve just sold our house and moved and I wasn’t stressed about that either 😂

I think for me, all the details are in place & everything is sorted so now I’m just looking forward to the day!😄
This sounds absolutely perfect ❤ I really wish I could have been more like this on the run up to mine. I hope you have the best day ever 😁😁😁

This sounds absolutely perfect ❤ I really wish I could have been more like this on the run up to mine. I hope you have the best day ever 😁😁😁
I think I’m just a relaxed person naturally, I’ve always been very laid back! Plus for me I’ve never had dreams of a wedding day, this is something I decided to do later in life, so I think I’m just looking forward to the whole experience!

Thank you! 😄

• Heart
Just ordered my invites! How frickin exciting. I made them myself so I hope they're nice lol

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.