Wavy / curly hair products, styling tips etc! šŸŒ€

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™ve been trying to bring my curls back after about 20 years of religiously straightening the hell out of it! Anyone got any tips on making your curls less like a pot noodle?!
you need to start using curl products so like shampoo and conditioner for curls etc. I use the Olive oil brand shampoo and conditioner and that has made my curls lovely.

Reactions: 1
I use a micro-fibre towel and use the plop method. Iā€™ve really cut down on straightener use and my waves/curls are getting better, but still so frizzy!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
When you guys have washed your hair do you dry it with a t shirt like the experts say you should?
Yes, though now I use a microfibre hair turban, except I don't twist my hair in with it, hair upside down, piled on top of head, then I twist just the 'tail' of the turban and fasten. Works nicely to get some extra volume at the roots.

you need to start using curl products so like shampoo and conditioner for curls etc. I use the Olive oil brand shampoo and conditioner and that has made my curls lovely.
Yes I have been using curly stuff and curl cream, Iā€™ve only just started though. Iā€™ve been doing the curly method and following a lot of TikTokā€™s but curls just look like thin noodles when dry though! Iā€™m hoping they start to get more defined the more time goes on as Iā€™m fighting the urge to straighten it lol.
Iā€™ve just got a diffuser delivered as I didnā€™t own one so Iā€™m going to give that a go too.

Reactions: 2
Yes I have been using curly stuff and curl cream, Iā€™ve only just started though. Iā€™ve been doing the curly method and following a lot of TikTokā€™s but curls just look like thin noodles when dry though! Iā€™m hoping they start to get more defined the more time goes on as Iā€™m fighting the urge to straighten it lol.
Iā€™ve just got a diffuser delivered as I didnā€™t own one so Iā€™m going to give that a go too.
They definitely will. Have you been making sure your hair is wet enough? I know it sounds silly but when itā€™s super wet it ā€œclumpsā€ better

It will just need to give it time. Mine was the same I straightened mine for years and when I washed it the roots were curly and the ends were straight. I stopped straightening it about a year ago and now its all curly.

Iā€™ve been trying to bring my curls back after about 20 years of religiously straightening the hell out of it! Anyone got any tips on making your curls less like a pot noodle?!
Have you tried finger twisting or using a brush like denman or wetbrush to manipulate the curls? As in use either your fingers or a brush to twist the curls into a more defined shape and let it dry. Doing this over time can help ā€˜trainā€™ the curls to form a more clumped together shape and give a fuller look.

When I started wearing my hair curly again this really helped as I had that stringy noodle look due to being so over processed and damaged. Also make sure youā€™re deep conditioning! It might sound like ā€˜oh great another product to buyā€™ but it honestly does wonders if youā€™re consistent.

I had to persevere with mine, it did get slightly better but mine was very damaged so I had to grow it all out. I have long hair so it took forever and it was in great condition until I bleached it, is not in bad condition now but not perfect.

My hair used to be 3a but only from the middle of the hair, I could never get any curl from the root. Itā€™s pretty long so gets weighed down. About a year ago my hair lost its curl and I am so lost with what to do. No idea why, no change apart from stopping breastfeeding and possibly too much protein treatment. Iā€™m getting a good chunk of it cut off so hopefully that helps.
Stopping BF could be it. Hormonal changes can alter your hair.

My hair started to wave after pregnancy then menopause accelerated it. I've now got the hair of my dreams and I'm too old to give a tit :ROFLMAO: Where was this hair when I was spending 3 hours trying to put even a little body into. I now get complete strangers telling me how great my hair is

• Heart
Reactions: 6
F64AA26F-F40A-474A-AEE0-F52F1EE84E3A.jpeg

Bought this set a few days ago. I used the ghee & the gel today and my ponytail is looking curly and cute!

• Heart
Following up: I applied the gel (the yellow bottle) before going out. It has a light water based feel to it. I havenā€™t noticed any build up and Iā€™m happy to report that my hair is not crunchy. I walked 1.5 miles in 87% humidity and the frizz was kept at bay. I normally use a blast of Itā€™s a 10 hairspray to manage my frizz but this will take its place šŸ‘

I have slightly wavy hair. I've always treated it like it was straight so it always just had tons of frizz and it was always so puffy.

I tried treating it like it was wavy last year but eventually gave up. I feel like the products weighed my hair down. My roots are very flat. I have baby fine hair which is almost like candyfloss.

Also, when my hair is wet my hair becomes like a massive spiderweb. I don't really know how to describe it.

My hair is really greasy at the roots yet feels like straw on the ends. I've tried so many hair masks and treatments but it never feels any different.